Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Four Second Frenzy (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Reject

Reason: Video quality is unacceptably low (framerate).

https://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/queue/verificationfiles/1346/

This run will be available for a month. After that these link(s) will no longer work.
Thread title:  
Run Information

Four Second Frenzy (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/foursecondfrenzynormal-v_HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Dec. 29, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
What's that gemma?
I unfortunately have to report that the A/V is not up to SDA's standards in this recording.  The video is at 9fps.

The game itself runs (or at least, can and should run) at a much higher (and much less painful to watch) frame rate than this, as I confirmed by playing it once.
Obscure games ftw
I thought something looked funny when I watched this the first time through, a second view confirms that the "something funny" was indeed a stuttering framerate.

It's worth noting that most of the minigames (sorry, microgames) look fine even with this problem, but the boss and transitions are pretty bad.

In terms of pure gameplay this would be an accept I think: mostly quick games were drawn, couldn't find anything faster and the boss was done well (4 cycles seems to be the minimum).
Not a walrus
nate says the original is only 10fps, so I'm guessing this was just poorly recorded. Will likely be rejected for that reason, but if anybody else has any more comments on it go ahead.
Decision posted.
Edit history:
peter afro: 2014-12-31 09:24:41 pm
had a feeling, just did not feel like imporving this with better recording settings due to how RNG intense this game is, but maybe in the future