List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Forsaken 64 (Any %) (Individual Level)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Video quality was fine, and I appreciate the LQ/MQ/HQ encodes.  Finally got audio working in MPC.  WMP and VLC weren't doing audio for some reason, which I assume is codec based.  Do we have a standard for audio codecs?  No cheating, but WHO WOULD EVEN WANT TO CHEAT?

The planning for this game must have been taxing beyond words.  I can only imagine the level by level planning saying things like "kill that drone and then go down that tunnel, but not that one, and then hang kind of a right, then shoot that wall that is actually a door but you can't tell it apart very well, etc."  I guess what I'm trying to say is that the fluidity of each level is pretty incredible, especially considering how wonky the control scheme can be for this game.  Play style is very aggressive and it seems to pay off in every level (save the two slow levels).  I feel like there could be more use of subweapons to speed up some of the combat sections, but the current tactic of powerpods and rapid fire still works.  The biggest obstacle, by far, is getting from point A to point B in time to keep the level consistent, and the runner did a fantastic job with this.

From a planning standpoint, this is pretty close to an optimized run of each level.  From a play quality standpoint, this is still a very strong series of submissions.  So long as we are working from the end level timer and not real time, I don't see any improvements coming (aside from that death exploit to stop the timer, but that would probably be a death abuse side category?).

Good work all around.  Accept.  A++ would verify again.

Quote:
This run was amazing. Just how much planning must have gone into each level is just astonishing. Basically speechless

Just amazing and fast.

Great Work. Accepted.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to David 'marshmallow' Gibbons!
Thread title:  
Waiting hurts my soul...
I think I'll watch this one even though I've never played the game. Congrats marshmallow! Good to see you still around. This another one off the request list.
I've only seen 3 levels, and the memories are already flying back. Great run to watch imo
100% runs=great to watch
Congrats on the excellent run, here's a link to celebrate that could not be more relevant/even more obscure than Forsaken 64 itself!

http://fly.thruhere.net/#projectx  The spirit lives on!
Can someone explain the box art for this game haha? I've never understood the chick with the unfortunate face tatoo.