Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
SDAVerification: 2014-08-10 09:58:17 pm
UraniumAnchor: 2014-08-07 08:35:38 pm
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Final Fantasy X-2 (Any %) (Single Segment) [New Game+]

Decision: Accept

Reason: She steals all the Zelda prizes, now she gets a run on the site, too.

Congratulations to Emma 'Augora' Rice!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Final Fantasy X-2 (Any %) (Single Segment) [New Game+]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/ffx2/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Aug. 6, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Professional Shaq Fu Speedrunner
I'll try to keep this to under 1,000 Words.

I've seen her run the game before on stream, and while I didn't exactly see this one live, I did see the 2:55 she references in the run comments. So I went ahead and spot checked this one, because I'm not exactly expecting anything too groundbreaking between that one and this one.

From the spot checking, everything checks out. The video quality is okay, the audio is okay. No cheating detected on this one.

As for the in game timer, its kinda bizarre. It clearly times some portion of the ending cutscenes and credits but not all of it. How the game decides to start its timer, or how it decides what to time is beyond me with this category. Needless to say, its a useless inaccurate timer.

Is the run improvable? Yes, but this one is very good and stands on its own merits.

Verdict: Accept
Not a walrus
Could I get some more discussion on this one?
Professional Second Banana
Audio/Video quality is excellent, though I can't speak for the intro as I muted during 'Real Emotion' for health reasons.

Not familiar enough with FF10-2 to really analyze the routing choices; but using Iron Dukes+physical attacks or Scattershot looked like it produced faster kills in quite a few battles compared to either using combat items or getting to low HP and using Catnip as I've seen other NG+ runs do (at the expense of a LOT of prep work, since each Iron Duke requires a trip through the game's super dungeon).

Runner got pretty bad Besaid password luck, but got 1st try Djose pedestal (better to have a good Djose as each incorrect guess triggers a battle).  I didn't notice any other real issues or mistakes aside from bad RNG a few times in the late game with characters getting killed and needing revival.

Accept
I don't know a lot about the run (though I've played the game and watched a different category) so my input probably isn't worth much, but I'll chime in anyway.

No problems with the A/V on my end.

Play quality seemed solid. Nothing really stood out as a significant mistake to my untrained eye, and the run generally felt pretty brisk. Always a good sign. As was stated above, the RNG wasn't perfect, but that's no surprise.

Definitely an interesting watch. Accept
Decision posted.
dat jerk
I thought everyone forgot about the prizes. :B

Thank you everyone who verified this run. I'm sorry about the Real Emotion too.

Best birthday present to wake up to.
You got a deletion wish?
Quote from SDAVerification:
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Ahem: http://speeddemosarchive.com/FinalFantasyX2.html

Been around for 8 years.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
I like the reason posted here =D Also grats to Augora. Probably would have verified this if it hadn't fallen exactly into the ESA stress …

Also lol@what Matrix said =D