--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/FinalFantasyTactics.html

Final Fantasy Tactics (ntscus) (psx) [Any %] [Segmented]

Verifier Responses

Quote from Eternalspirit:
Not much to say, the runner's comments pretty much take care of it all.

Easy accept, very good run.

Quote:
I think this is about the third or fourth improvement to this game that I remember seeing. It's impressive that there's still this much time to be saved. All the extra RNG manipulation, improved strats and usage of gear/characters really adds up. The planning and savings are very well-explained too, and there are no problems with the video quality. Ready for another update, definitely!

Quote from eLmaGus-:
I had a lot of fun watching the making of this run, i am sad i missed parts of it.

First and foremost of course, major improvement, better strategies, menuing and routing.

Cheating:
No

A/V:
Very nice.

Gameplay:
Mentioned this above, major improvement to the run that is on SDA. There are still a few points that an insane human being could improve (for example doing Chapter 3 in 1 segment) but this is pretty much as good as it gets with the route/knowledge these days.

So a clear ACCEPT

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to John 'chessjerk' Kearsley IV!
Thread title:  
Edit history:
chessjerk: 2015-03-07 05:33:27 pm
Thanks to the verifiers! This was a lot of fun to work on, most of the time. *GLARES AT SOLO GOBLIN BATTLES*

EDIT: Before I forget, I have updated my comments to fix some grammar mistakes and change some wording for clarity, how do I upload my updated comments?
Not a walrus
There's an "Edit Run Comments" link on the run status page.
Thanks, UA.
Everyday is puppies and sunshine...
Very excited to see this one when it gets published.  I know it's not official yet, but whereabouts is the time on it?
I saved about 44 minutes over the previous segmented run.
Everyday is puppies and sunshine...
Holy smokes!  I can't wait.  Cheesy  Nice job!
Grats chess!
Edit history:
chessjerk: 2015-06-04 09:36:17 pm
Thanks everyone. It looks like the new run is up!

I have a question for whoever timed the run. It seems there is a big discrepancy between what I thought the time was (3:38:25) and what it was actually timed as (3:33:15). Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I somehow saved another 5 minutes, but I'm curious to know how the 3:33:15 was reached. All of my previous runs used in-game time from the load of the final segment plus the real time of the final segment up to Altima's death. Is that timing not used anymore and the entire run was timed manually? I assume it is because I found out while recording that the in-game timer starts at some point during the "Now Loading" screen after loading the save but before the world map comes up.

If this is how the run was timed, I would like to update my comments to reflect that, especially since the in-game time on the load of the last segment shows 3:34:40, which may cause some confusion for the viewers.

Thanks!

EDIT: I almost forgot. I will also like to update the screenshots that appear on the game page. The screenshots that are there now are from my original 5:19 run, and IMO it would make sense to use screenshots from the current run. If that is allowable, how do I go about doing that?
Dragon Power Supreme
I time the run and handle gamepage screenshots. The run indeed was manually timed as mixed timing was been dropped from SDA. Since FFT doesn't show in-game timer at the end of the last segment, it's full-on manual timing.
You can update your run comments through http://queue.speeddemosarchive.com under My Runs.
For gamepage screenshots you can take them yourself and send me via a pm. I normally take them using VLC's inbuilt screenshot option.
Sounds good, thanks Israeli.