Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/FinalFantasy4.html

Final Fantasy IV (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Everything seems fine in audio and video.
Everything I know about the game says there was no cheating going on.
In general this is a pretty straight forward run, really only using three huge time savers that previous runs didn't, but all of them certainly pretty interesting in their own right.
Only one huge player mistake (going to Edward instead of Clerics) which is acknowledged in the  writeup. Only other real huge time loss was the troll yellow chocobo, which is the game being a jerk...
A few little derps here and there otherwise but all no biggie in such a long run.
The main curiosity was -- why reset before the grinding battle?

Still, all and all a very good effort that is only marred by one big issue, and one that could happen to anyone. Obviously it could be better, but 20 seconds out of 3.5 hours is hardly a dent, especially since it's made up in few spots of good encounter luck (like the moon) and almost none of bad encounter luck, at least it didn't seem like it was any different from the multitude of times I've played it.
So accept it is.

Quote from CyberBotX:
A/V good, no cheating. Skipped most of the chests, skipped most of the enemy encounters, let the girls die too much, reject! Wait, this is a speedrun... In any case, run went really well even with all the little mistakes that the runner pointed out. And really good luck getting the D.Machin to spawn so quickly inside the giant. Accept!

Quote:
Verification of this run is only a formality.

Accept.

Quote from Tohmane:
Cheating good and no A/V. Err I mean good A/V and no cheating. Runner write up covered all the hiccups (that spoony bard!), and on the whole RNG was kind for a change. Quite scrumptious run if I may say so, which I may.

ACCEPT

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Shawn 'Obdajr.' Nakashima!
Thread title:  
Pudding%
Um...shouldn't the category be "Any% (Single Segment w/resets)"?
Exoray
It is a run with resets indeed. Seems that tag just wasn't associated.
Not a walrus
*shakes fist at Adam* I can't do everything! Wink
SPEEDruns not SAFEruns
The resets make it no longer "Single Segment" we technically just call it RTA - the categories are very different. If you didn't know he resets in the Giant of Babil passage in order to manipulate the D.Machin fight. Congrats Obda!
Pudding%
He also resets to enter Mist from the wrong direction. SS w/resets is what it's been called here for a while, though.