Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/FinalFantasyCrystalChroniclesTCC.html

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Any %) (Segmented)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Nicholas 'Sir VG' Hoppe!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Any %) (Segmented)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/ffcctcb/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Nov. 27, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
just( •_•)>⌐■-■ ..... (⌐■_■)wing it
great game great run accept oh shit I should watch the runs fine
Before people verify this just realize double rolling is a pretty tight trick to pull off.  I think it's like 2-3 frames.  Aside from that it's a pretty straightforward run.  I'll send in my response soon when im not feeling like shit
Fucking Weeaboo
And it's not a button press either - it's a Wiimote waggle. The timing is fun.

If you can't download it, I have a streamable version here: http://www.imamyth.com/WIP/FFCCTCB/index.html

Questions? Just ask.
Exoray
How did I miss this in the verification list?

2 minutes saved after segment 3 already. Things are looking to go in the right direction! Smiley
Lots of time saved from skipping a fight for a myrrh fragment. Seems like a good decision to go for less health upgrades this being segmented and all.

PS: This time the Bahamut fight is allowed to be called badass Grin

Glad to see all the train strats got implemented. Once again it shows that, in a speed run, brute force beats stealth any day.

Still no Queen's garden warp in the last segments instead of walking all the way to the station? Is the central station warp not open unless you already found it? Can't remember now..

Overall this is a pretty good improvement over the old run. The run implements a lot of the time savers noted by verifiers during the previous submission and along with some other new things, it's ends up a 11 minute improvement. Considering this run is like 2.5 hours of cutscenes 11 minutes is a pretty large gameplay improvement of. The quality of the segments seemed to suffer closer to the end as there are a lot more movement mistakes in the later segments compared to the earlier ones, but this is still an easy accept.

Summary: accept!

(Also I noticed the game page for this is mislabeled as FinalFantasyCrystalChroniclesTCC, should be FinalFantasyCrystalChroniclesTCB. This will be changed at the same time this run goes up)
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2013-11-23 12:14:26 pm
I'll be honest and admit I fast forwarded most of the cutscenes. No A/V issues at all were spotted during gameplay though.

Tough to say how good all the minigames went, they have weird rules as per usual and make up a significant portion of the gameplay since normal RPG stuff was cut from this one.

Part 18 has the first little mistakes that I can comment on worth mentioning. They lose maybe 8 seconds. Maybe the platforming is quirky? It's a WiiMote game after all. Time could probably be saved in the Selkie rescue section but again can't easily tell if this is a good/fast way for it to end.
Part 19 also has a movement mistake. The fall-off looks even a little awkward.

In any case
Accept!
i'm sorry if im a little late but I had quite a lot to do but i did want to put my response here.

I ran this game over the summer and loved the game.  Cutscenes really make a speedrun relaxing and this game itself was pretty chill.

Let's start out by saying the runner went all out when doing this.  Risky as hell and not bad rng.  the selkie saving part is literally the dumbest part of any run as the ai there is just awful.  regardless this run destroys the current sda run by about 50 hours (so fast).

Liked the new train strat.  I went off what mooh mentioned in the thread years ago but it's still hilarious that you see new stuff happen (I never tried this stuff out casually it's just hilarious).

But yeah most of this run was just due to sheer aggressiveness.  Not getting myrh fragments is only an issue at the final fight.  I'm glad I could help and cant wait for this to show up on the front page of sda in the future.

Accept
Not a walrus
Decision posted.
Fucking Weeaboo
w00t! Thank you guys!

ANOTHER VICTORY FOR AMERICA.