Sad
1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (Any %) (Single Segment) [New Game+]

Decision: Accept

Reason: The capture quality is slightly questionable but nate gave it the ok, and the run itself is well executed

Congratulations to 'someonewhodied'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (Any %) (Single Segment) [New Game+]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/ffcceot/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by March 3, 2014.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Edit history:
ktwo: 2014-02-26 06:23:56 am
Is this a twitch recording? It's recorded at 30 fps (should be 60 for a DS game?) and there is a split timer in the corner. It does in no way invalidate the run itself, but from an sda standpoint, I still believe this means an instant

REJECT (solely based on the video issue, I haven't watched the entire run and I don't plan to either)

Neutral (I just wanted to point out the video issue, no plans of verifying this one)
Fucking Weeaboo
DS runs can be recorded at 30FPS in loopy's software, and if it was done on the Wii version and recorded to DVD, interlacing would put it at 29.97 FPS. So don't consider that an issue, ever.

(The run is recorded on the DS version though, for the record. The Wii version is side-by side.)

The splits on screen, however, definitely IS an issue. ktwo is probably right - this is a Twitch recording, which is not accepted here.

The audioless one is the same, only with a slower time.

Sorry, but this run has to be rejected based upon this issue. Please use loopy's recording software if possible next time (assuming that's what you have installed on your DS).
It's not that twitch recordings aren't allowed, it's just that they're rarely of acceptable video quality. Splits that can't be cropped out definitely force a reject.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2014-02-18 11:18:03 am
Not a walrus
I should have mentioned that I went over this with nate and this is one of the rare instances where an OBS/twitch recording is acceptable, even if the resolution is slightly wrong, because the timer can be cropped out and when I watched it there didn't appear to be anything other than game audio, assuming the video is otherwise good. I didn't watch the whole thing so it's entirely possible there are issues I missed.

The audioless one should have been deleted, so that's my bad. Ignore that one. Edit: And is now deleted.
Insane Killer Robot
First off, I would like to dedicate this run to the Save the Gil foundation, to pay respects to the large amount of Gil that was lost in this run.

The video seems like it was spliced together at nearly every half hour, as there are skips of just about a full second throughout the video (at least after the first one). The first happens at about 28:51 into the video, WSplit stays at 27:00.33 for a full 4 frames and then jumps to 27:00.69. The next is at around 58:50 in the video, WSplit jumps from 56:59.64 to 57:00.64 after a frame. The next one is at about 1:28:50 into the video, WSplit going from 1:27:00.64 to 1:27:01.62 I don't know if this in itself is enough to cause this to be rejected or not.

Otherwise, the A/V is good (audio might be a bit loud, I had VLC at 50% and it was already loud enough at that volume) and no cheating detected. But I never realized how glitchy the game was, nor how much you can make the blocks move without pushing/pulling them or pushing/pulling them too much. Some of the area skips were pretty cool too. There was a minor mistake at the start of the mine with the floating platform going back to the left before going to the right again. There might've been some other mistakes that I didn't notice too well, but if so, I'd imagine they were minor mistakes as well. The run went very well otherwise.

Assuming that the video skips aren't enough to reject it, and that the splits will be cropped out, I'd give it an accept.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2014-02-21 09:46:03 pm
Not a walrus
Does the audio skip when the timer jumps? If so then it's probably been stitched together from twitch videos or something.
Yeah, if it's from a twitch video, then it's not surprising it splits every half hour, because that's how twitch archives. 
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2014-02-22 05:30:30 pm
UraniumAnchor: 2014-02-22 02:37:29 pm
Not a walrus
The guy said it was from OBSxsplit but if it's got skips every half hour it must not be. I'll run it past nate but it might still be acceptable.

Edit: nate says it's fine since they're so short and infrequent.
Insane Killer Robot
Yeah, the audio was skipping too, along with the video. Since it's acceptable, I'm fine with keeping my accept verdict.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2014-02-25 12:17:12 pm
LotBlind: 2014-02-24 12:56:31 pm
LotBlind: 2014-02-24 12:56:00 pm
COMPLETE
(Times are video time not timer time)

Should "very hard 10" difficulty be added as a qualifier? I'd like to ask the runner why he chose very hard 10 specifically but it won't affect my verdict.

There is, for the record, minor video freezes around 2:20 into the video. Also 5:36.

11:14 - falling off here looks a bit sloppy - 8 secs.
23:45 - 15 seconds lost
42:00 - this looks really klutch
50:40 - looks like runner forgot the pressure plate? 10 secs
1:02:22 - getting this first time would have saved 30 seconds
1:22:30 - getting THIS first time would have saved over a minute. There's a bit of uncertainty in the runner's recovery strategy.
1:39:35 - another cool-looking trick

I'm ready to give the runner some of that benefit of the doubt because I don't know how DS controls are/are for this game. In any case the run seems to go well for the most part, lots of little gimmicks are used throughout the run suggesting routing and exploring alternatives was taken far.

easy accept
Decision posted.