1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Video/Audio: (watched IQ) quality is good, but there is some interlacing weirdness with transparency/flickering effects.

Run: Also good. Great planning, pretty good execution. Some menu work and decision making could be faster, also some non-optimal decisions taken in fights that the runner couldn't/didn't flee from. General strategy is spot on. Not sure what else could bring the time down other than buying less stuff and getting less random encounters.

Accept.

Quote:
Video/Audio: (IQ, thank you so very much for this option BTW)  Looked good to me.  I'm not as good at identifying video issues, but the video as a whole looked good.

The run: Looked outstanding.  Outside of a few glitch misses, some better decisions on some of the later random encounters, and general menu optimization, I'd say the run was outstanding.  RNG, being the bitch that it is, was handled pretty damn well throughout the run. 

Definite Accept.

Quote:
Video/Audio: (IQ) Was also seeing some interlacing weirdness that Lag.com identified but other than that, everything looks normal. Sound seemed normal, no oddities.

Run: Strategy seems efficient.  There are a few places in battles where better decision making could have helped improved time. Along with better battle decision making, they could reduce the amount of items they buy/duplicate, get a little more luck with Random Encounters and get less interference from NPC movements (i.e. that damn broom) to bring the time down further. Other than that, run looks great.

Accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Lenophis!
Thread title:  
#Casual
Congrats, Leno!!
+2 against silly
Congrats! Been waiting for you to submit this. Now I get to pick it apart and beat your time. >:3
Congrats! :3 Can't wait to see it uploaded on the site. I still should give this version of the game an attempt sometime. Playing the Origins version kind of put me off of it =/
Yay Leno!! Cheesy
Evermore Extrodinare ᕦ(° Д°)ᕤ
WOOT!!!! =D Grats Leno I knew you could do it man!
congrats man!
Thanks everyone! One thing I am worried about, though, is that nobody seemed to even reference the notes I sent. Were they not received, or am I just being overly critical of myself in them? Since a couple things were mentioned, I can address them:

Quote:
Video/Audio: (watched IQ) quality is good, but there is some interlacing weirdness with transparency/flickering effects.

Yeah, you're talking about the warp points after each fiend, and their subsequent teleporting out after defeat. I checked the VOB file, and it's there too. I was going to suggest that maybe it wasn't deinterlaced properly, but if the VOB has it then deinterlacing is not the issue. I used the second-highest quality setting with my DVD recorder, since that was the only way to fit the whole run on one disc. If I used the highest quality, it would be full about 1:32 into the run, which is obviously very bad. I dunno if highest quality would solve this particular visual issue or not...

Quote:
Video/Audio: (IQ, thank you so very much for this option BTW)

No problem. Cheesy

Quote:
and get less interference from NPC movements (i.e. that damn broom) to bring the time down further.

NPC trolling was the story of this run.

I mentioned this during the run on stream, but I know that isn't viewed by many, so I'm extending it here as well. I'm having an open call for audio commentary. The only qualification for doing one is that whether or not you want to do it. If you're interested, hit me up on IRC. The deadline for this is February 28, after that I'll go with whatever I have.
Not a walrus
Comments are there, so not sure why nobody mentioned them.
As long as they weren't winging it, we're all good. But now I have a question, when I go to make the statID, what should I put for the category? Equipment glitch and non-equipment glitch are demonstrably different categories, and a non-equipment glitch is different enough from an Origins any% run that they aren't they same beast. I hope it's not too wordy, because the medium/low quality IDs are already going to be small as it is.