12 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/FinalFantasyAnniversary.html

Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Comments:

First of all, unless someone comes to me with empirical evidence of what constitutes a "high" random encounter rate, I don't buy these arguments about encounter rates at all. When you see 3 encounters within 10 steps, sure, it's very easy to say "oh, the random encounter rate was high", but just because it FEELS high, doesn't mean it was high. For all the areas with poor encounter rates, I could easily point at many others that were really good.

For my money, I didn't think the random encounter rate was high, nor do I think it was low either. It felt about average. That said, there were a few really terrible ambushes and encounters in general that made it look pretty ugly. But you know what? You're going to see at least 1-2 of these in every run, because that's what this game is. It would take ABSURDLY good luck to never run into a bullshit encounter, ambush or otherwise, during a speedrun of this game, barring manipulating the RNG.

Anyways..

Time lost due to RNG
What I count:
- enemy ambush attacks
- failed run attempts (I counted 1 second per failed character run, but you could easily justify saying 2 seconds per failed character run, and up to 9-10 total for a full party failing to run)
- non-optimal luck on bosses
- having to heal status after random encounter

What I do not count:
- random encounters in general
- "bad" random encounters (cannot escape from or just bad luck in enemies attacking before you get a chance to run, the reason is because the game seems to aritrarily decide who goes first)

I'm using quotes to break up sections arbitrarily.

Quote:
Cornelia~Pravoka
Comments: Hit the gate when trying to enter Cornelia.. haha. Very slight hesitation just after passing bridge to Pravoka region.
Time lost due to RNG: 8~ seconds

Bosses:
Garland: 3HKO, Garland does not attack
Pirates: 1 pirate attacks, costing about 2 seconds

Quote:
Pravoka~Mystic Key
Comments: Puzzle game + Sahagin fights were train wrecks. Marsh Cave was AMAZING.
Time lost due to RNG: 59~ seconds

Bosses:
Piscodemons: The fact that there were 4 instead of 2 is kinda crappy, but that doesn't cost a substantial amount of time at all (probably about 5 seconds). Only 2 attacked, so it's not a big deal.
Astos: 4HKO'd, attacks once (about 2 seconds lost). Ideal is that he doesn't attack at all, so this isn't too bad.

Puzzle game: Time was 00:42:95 This is horrible, both from RNG and from runner mistakes. I don't feel overly qualified to comment on this since I don't know what constitutes a really good time, but I've seen an 00:18:96 here: and supposedly some guy had done it in under 6 seconds (on real game, not FF1). So, it can be said that AT LEAST 00:24:99 was lost here, and it could be up to 37 seconds if the under 6 seconds is true.

Quote:
Mystic Key~Earth Cave crystal
Comments: Interestingly enough, the Earth Cave is the first real opportunity for this run to end due to really bad RNG. A 5 Cockatrice ambush could end up in the entire party getting petrified. The Gold Needles bought earlier were to compensate for any party members getting petrified. This didn't happen at all, which is very good luck. Couple Warg fights went pretty bad.
Time lost due to RNG: 45~ seconds

Bosses:
Vampire: OHKO'd. Perfect.
Lich: 3HKO'd. Lich did not attack. Pretty much perfect.

Quote:
Earth Cave crystal~Airship
Comments: Ice Cave is probably a speed runner's worst nightmare for this game. There are many ways for a run to end here, with the first two Specter battles demonstrating one of them (costing about 80 seconds total). Otherwise, you can get ambushed by Mindflayers, who can kill your characters with physical attacks (instant death), quadruple Dark Wizard ambush, followed by quadruple Firaga, 6 Cockatrice ambush as from the Earth Cave, and I'm sure I'm missing some others. The Ice Cave was kinda bad overall, but it certainly could've gone substantially worse. I'm not counting the Evil Eye grinding against the encounter tally because it is a forced battle, and the runner is fighting them deliberately, but there was a close call against a Mindflayer during that time. The battle after falling down from the Levistone part is a forced encounter, but that it ended up in an ambush is very bad luck. The Ice Cave is easily the worst part of the run.. and it usually is, in general.
Time lost due to RNG: 141~ seconds

Quote:
Airship~Sunken Temple crystal
Comments: OK, the Waterfall. I totally understand the runner's idea of attempting to run from the Nightmares, and since he successfully ran from 3 of them on the first attempt in this run, it didn't work out too badly. However, I believe it is better to just kill them outright. Failing to run from the Nightmares costs about 5 seconds, successfully running saves about 3 seconds. Overall, the runner lost about 9 seconds total due to failing to run from Nightmares, which sucks, but isn't too bad.
Time lost due to RNG: 38~ seconds
Time lost due to brain fart: About 13 seconds, as has been stated

Bosses:
Kraken: 2HKO. Kraken does not attack. Perfect.

Quote:
Sunken Temple crystal~Flying Fortress crystal
Comments:
Time lost due to RNG: 14~ seconds

Bosses:
Tiamat: 4HKO. Tiamat did not attack. Probably could have 3HKO'd with 3 crits and/or better damage rolls, but not 100% sure.

Quote:
Flying Fortress crystal~Mt. Gulg crystal
Comments: Mt. Gulg went ridiculously well.
Time lost due to RNG: ~2 seconds

Bosses:
Marilith: OHKO. Did not attack. Perfect.

Quote:
Mt. Gulg crystal~Chaos dead
Comments: .
Time lost due to RNG: ~7 seconds

Bosses:
Lich: 4HKO. Lich did a physical attack. Good.
Marilith: 5HKO. Marilith did a physical attack. Good.
Kraken: 4HKO. Did a physical attack. Good.
Tiamat: 6HKO. Used Thunderbolt (about 4 seconds lost). Acceptable.
Chaos: Ridiculously good luck. 4 physical attacks, 1 Blaze, nobody died.

Total time lost to RNG: 00:05:14 (probably add about 40 seconds to that due to failed running, I was a little lax in counting that time lost)
Total time lost on puzzle game: somewhere between 00:00:24 to 00:00:37
Total time lost due to runner error: 00:00:13 + some amount of time due to menu sloppiness and movement errors (maybe another 00:00:20 or so)

Total time lost: Somewhere between 00:06:51 and 00:07:04

If you really want to get nitpicky, you can probably add another 2-3 minutes to that from enemies attacking due to failed run attempts as well.

The good: Ridiculously good luck on bosses overall. Marsh Cave and Mt. Gulg were ridiculously good (Marsh Cave can be particularly trolly). Never had to use Golden Needles.
The bad: Menu work was a bit sloppy overall. Quite a few unfortunate encounters where the runner had to heal poison after the fight. A few very unfortunate ambushes against a lot of enemies, two of which almost ended the run.
The ugly: The puzzle went horribly. The Ice Cave went about as bad as it could've gone without ending up in a reset.

Overall verdict: Easy accept. That boss luck is going to be extremely hard to replicate, especially against Chaos. The vast majority of mistakes were due to RNG. On the other hand, a LOT of things went well, especially Marsh Cave.

Quote from Sir VG:
You might as well slap my name openly, since I'm basically gonna repeat what I said openly in the rejected verification. Normally I like to be funny (or at least fun) with my verification posts, but I don't feel like it.

This run is VERY well done. Are there lots of random encounters? Yes, but this is an old school FF game. It's gonna happen.
Are there small mistakes here and there? Yes, but we're human. Mistakes will happen.
Are there any major mistakes? No.
Is there any cheating? No.
Are there any video issues? No.

Yes, the Nightmare issue in the Waterfall was dumb, but to me it was still minor, probably costing what...a minute? Two? A bit could be avoided by having an emergency exit there (possibly holding it until then instead of using it at Earth Shrine, which while longer has much easier to escape encounters?). I know the one was gotten from doing the puzzle mini-game, but is there another for doing it? I see something in the bestiary about Purple Worms dropping it. Wonder what the chance of it is. Small? Large? (Given this is FF, it's probably ridiculously small.) It probably could have been better avoided by just fighting them all from the get go. They seem to be escapable, but the chance must be low, or the RNG must have been evil.

So we have a run 9 minutes faster than an already accepted run, by the same runner, with no known runs w/ better times.

Should this be accepted? HELL YES. This run was well executed from start to finish, including an AMAZING Chaos fight.

Also, Maralith 1 in ONE HIT?! DAMN MAN. SHOW HER SOME MERCY.

Quote:
A/V is fine, no cheating or any of that shizzle.

*note: I watched this run on the twitch archive too for further insight into the runners reactions etc so if I make any comments relating to what the runner seemed to be thinking, that's why.

Having dusted off my copy of this and messed around with the savefiles I have, I would say that encounter rate *seems* to be average in most places and above average in just a few (verifier above mentioned Marsh Cave which I agree with). I actually think the runner shows great thought and reaction in dealing with many of the encounters, the monsters that appear can differ by ridiculous amounts and knowing what to do for each and every one is borderline impossible. I do agree that a possible improvement would be make a list of encs that are very hard to run from and easy to kill and just always go for the kill on them, that would show consistency even though it would not always be the absolute fastest.

I'm personally terrible at the puzzle so maybe I'm naturally biased in saying I didn't feel it was too bad. There is considerable RNG involved in where the tiles begin so while this is by all accounts sub-optimal I don't think it's fair to penalise the runner too much for that.

Up until the ship/puzzle the run has not been standout fantastic but not terrible either.

Encounters remain slightly above the average I've experienced up to the grinding section, not a huge amount to say up to there, menuing is generally impressive.

Waterfall: Yes the Nightmares could be better. They would be v.near the top of that list I mentioned imo. Hearing what the runner was thinking made it clear that he was making rational decisions and reacting the best he could.

Sunken shrine was excellent in my opinion, both enc rate and route/skill. Mirage Tower hyped up the enc rate again in parts but was well executed. Floating Fortress was good, relatively bad luck on Tiamat.

Average encounters in Mt Gulg, excellent Marilith fight.

Temple of Chaos is good but questionable use of haste, or at least bad luck with who goes first after haste.

All in all I think this is a very good run, yet it is also very much improvable. I think this deserves an accept and yet I would also very much like to see the runner try to improve this as i think with some extra menu practice and additional planning of what to do in certain specific circumstances it could be beaten.

Quote:
About Emergency Exits
You have to get over 30 seconds and less than 1 minute on the 15-puzzle - that's the only way to win an Emergency Exit. It's not that hard to get 35ish, though. Many times while doing attempts I've had to wait for the timer to get to 30 so I can push the last block.
Purple Worms can indeed drop Emergency Exit, but the chance is low, and they're only in the Chaos Sanctuary anyway so that's a useless drop. The only useful way of acquiring them is from the 15-puzzle.
Playing the 15-puzzle twice for two Emergency Exits is something I've considered, but the required luck is very heavy and I'm not begrudging the runner for not doing this.

Randomness Notes
In my practices yesterday I had several attempts with only one/zero encounters in the entire of Marsh Cave.
I still don't think it's worth it to buy Cure for the White Mage in the beginning. Does it not make sense to just buy Potions at the same time as the Antidotes and Phoenix Downs? Saves menu time too - don't have to use Ethers on the mage THEN switch to magic screen to cast Cure. By skipping this additional shop visit and some faster menu navigation I consistently save 10 seconds upon leaving Castle Cornelia. When that asshole doesn't walk in front of the item shop door, obviously.
Depending on encounter luck between Cornelia and Chaos Sanctuary (I've had between 0 and 6 here), my last hit on Garland has been about 20 seconds faster than in this latest run.

This isn't a full verification but I'm not sure what I can add to my previous one.

Decision: Accept

Reason: This is an improvement to an already accepted, not yet posted, run by the same runner

Congratulations to Lenophis!
Thread title:  
Verifier 1 here.. a bit of an error that I forgot to correct in my post, you need to get at least 30 seconds in the puzzle game for the emergency exit, so when I said that at least 24:99 was lost during the puzzle, it is a mistake. My apologies.
Willing to teach you the impossible
Anyone have the link to the stream video?
Edit history:
Lenophis: 2013-04-30 01:15:29 am
0-10
That was decidedly quick. First off, I want to thank everyone for the massive show of support. Not something I'm used to seeing.

Now let's analyze:
Quote:
Pravoka~Mystic Key
Comments: Puzzle game + Sahagin fights were train wrecks.

As I mentioned, I wanted to reset, but I resisted doing so, not knowing what would happen. The run doesn't begin until I get the Emergency Exit, and I didn't want to just toss it out RIGHT AFTER getting it.

Quote:
Ice Cave is probably a speed runner's worst nightmare for this game.

Ice Cave is the reason I will never do a SS Origins run, ever.

Quote:
Tiamat: 4HKO. Tiamat did not attack. Probably could have 3HKO'd with 3 crits and/or better damage rolls, but not 100% sure.

My previously accepted run does get a 3HKO (which also has a brainfart of its own in that battle, since I was going to Haste but had no MP for it).

Quote:
Comments: OK, the Waterfall. I totally understand the runner's idea of attempting to run from the Nightmares, and since he successfully ran from 3 of them on the first attempt in this run, it didn't work out too badly. However, I believe it is better to just kill them outright. Failing to run from the Nightmares costs about 5 seconds, successfully running saves about 3 seconds. Overall, the runner lost about 9 seconds total due to failing to run from Nightmares, which sucks, but isn't too bad.

Quote:
Waterfall: Yes the Nightmares could be better.

Having done extensive testing with the Black Robes (ice elemental, the Nightmares weakness), the Intelligence fix in this game and Dawn of Souls says that I'll just have to physically attack and hope the Thief won't be one of the attackers. Blizzara with my level 33 White Mage at about 25 intelligence only does about 160 damage to the Nightmares.

Quote:
I still don't think it's worth it to buy Cure for the White Mage in the beginning. Does it not make sense to just buy Potions at the same time as the Antidotes and Phoenix Downs?

Until I saw it done at C4L, I hadn't thought of it (just as I didn't see the better landing spot near the Waterfall). It will be done, though I guess I need to figure out how many. 99?

Any obsoletion I end up doing will involve requiring 2 Emergency Exits and 2 Piscodemons guarding the Crown.

Quote from Heidrage:
Anyone have the link to the stream video?

Here. Smiley
Willing to teach you the impossible
Quote from Lenophis:
That was decidedly quick. First off, I want to thank everyone for the massive show of support. Not something I'm used to seeing.

It may not always be as obvious as this case, but the community does care. No matter what. More than most people know.
Edit history:
presjpolk: 2013-04-30 07:12:40 am
HELLO!
Congratulations Lenophis.

And thank you to the SDA staff for what you do.  Defusing this.

My takeaway: always verify if I'm competent to do so. Always. Smiley
Edit history:
Eternalspirit: 2013-04-30 07:24:37 am
Quote:
Any obsoletion I end up doing will involve requiring 2 Emergency Exits and 2 Piscodemons guarding the Crown.

The other thing we talked about was not buying Gold Needles, at all. Saves a trip to an item shop. You didn't get petrified at all in the run (which I realize is exceptionally good luck), but not buying them and just counting on not getting petrified, while frustrating, may save a decent amount of time. Smiley

Or, work the potion buying into the item shop where you get the gold needles..
spread the dirt to the populace
dang, i'm real impressed at this one. much credit to SDA for being willing to listen to the community and give this another shot with no verifiers who think you can bane sword bosses on the PSP

and of course, congratulations to lenophis on finally getting this accepted! wasn't there some controversy with a NES FF1 run you did too? maybe this game just inherently looks ugly as a speedrun and makes people think you should try harder with luck...
HELLO!
Which is why we need all the verifiers we can get for this stuff. Smiley
Edit history:
Lenophis: 2013-04-30 12:59:37 pm
0-10
Quote:
The other thing we talked about was not buying Gold Needles, at all. Saves a trip to an item shop. You didn't get petrified at all in the run (which I realize is exceptionally good luck), but not buying them and just counting on not getting petrified, while frustrating, may save a decent amount of time.

I'd rather not add a reset element if I can help it, RNG-based at that. The Gold Needles are for consistency.

Quote:
Or, work the potion buying into the item shop where you get the gold needles..

That's probably a good idea, because I don't need the healing before Elfheim. If I did, it would be a reset anyway, since that's too many ambushes or turn order is that bad.

Quote:
and of course, congratulations to lenophis on finally getting this accepted! wasn't there some controversy with a NES FF1 run you did too?

Winkwonle did the NES run, which did have its own mini-controversy. His first run was rejected, I felt unfairly (though he did later obsolete and submit a faster run). Despite wanting to see his first run, I never got a chance to. In the end, it worked itself out. Smiley
Edit history:
Melodia: 2013-04-30 12:17:51 pm
Melodia: 2013-04-30 12:17:23 pm
FWIW, I apologize for being part of this 'controversy'....I've been around SDA for a while but never verified stuff before (except two other runs recently), so I probably was being harsh. I'm happy to see this run (I mean, FF1 done that fast is just insane, even with the glitch)...actually I kinda imagine if, Lenophis, you hadn't mentioned the encounter rate or the boss issues that I would have accepted it. But there's neither here nor there.
0-10
No worries. There were 4 points during this run that I wanted to reset and didn't. Even though I said it on stream that "this could be 'the run'," it clearly has flaws that need to be worked out. My first big goal of getting sub-1:40 realtime was met. I will be trying to push this down, though I don't know what my ultimate goal will be. With the route currently as it is, I would need perfect luck to get sub-1:30, so I can't count on that. A second Emergency Exit would knock off a couple minutes, but that assumes the luck remains the same. Eventually I'll get some kinda crazier run where everything goes right and I get a 1:32 realtime.
Quote:
I'd rather not add a reset element if I can help it, RNG-based at that. The Gold Needles are for consistency.

Fair enough. Smiley

Quote:
That's probably a good idea, because I don't need the healing before Elfheim. If I did, it would be a reset anyway, since that's too many ambushes or turn order is that bad.

You could also put the Ether buying here as well, then.. kill 3 birds with one stone!

Quote:
Winkwonle did the NES run, which did have its own mini-controversy. His first run was rejected, I felt unfairly (though he did later obsolete and submit a faster run). Despite wanting to see his first run, I never got a chance to. In the end, it worked itself out. Smiley

Was that a segmented run that had a death at Astos and a return trip to Elfheim because of it? I know I verified one segmented run that had such an occurrence..
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2013-04-30 04:36:33 pm
Not a walrus
I don't remember that one, but I do remember an FF1 run that had a long, winding trip to a town specifically to buy a spell that never got used once, among a bevy of other issues. The subsequent run was something like 20 minutes faster, and that's the one that ended up getting accepted.
Moo! Flap! Hug!
Having watched the published run, just let me say: holy fricking RNG-the-game Tongue

Regarding the controversy: I'm coming from a science background, where one thing you almost always have to include in a review is how familiar are you with the area of the paper that you're reviewing.  I think it would have taken a lot of the pain out of this review if verifiers (essentially, reviewers of scientific papers) had to say how familiar they were with the game (e.g., "I've speedrun this game," vs. "I've played this game but not speedrun it," vs. "I've played a different port of this game but I'm not familiar with this version," vs. ...).  Maybe something to consider Smiley
Edit history:
Eternalspirit: 2013-05-01 08:13:32 am
@Poxnor This is something that came up in a different verification I was in. If you tried to make it so only the runners of a game were allowed to verify (I am not saying that's what you said), very few runs would end up getting verified. If you put in greater scrutiny for who is allowed to verify based on their knowledge of the game, that would turn quite a few people off I imagine. If the intent was simply to have each verifier disclose their experience with the game for the purposes of weighting their verification decision against the other decisions, I'd be cool with that, and think that's totally appropriate (as long as it wasn't made public). I think the privacy of verification is a pretty damn big deal. The verifiers are never known unless they make themselves known, and I imagine quite a few people really appreciate that.

@UA I don't think I verified that one. The one I did verify was a segmented run with a death at Astos, and then another death in the Citadel of Trials, and THAT'S the one that had him go all the way back to town for a revival, I think (my memory is very fuzzy on this one.. Sad ). I'm thinking FF1 verification has become something of a brutal beast. FF1 is a nasty game to run, and when mistakes are made, they just look really bad because of the nature of the game (and also bad RNG looks really bad). I do agree in that verification thread you posted, the overall time lost to mistakes in this game is actually pretty small overall I would say.
Edit history:
Omnigamer: 2013-05-01 08:53:33 am
Omnigamer: 2013-05-01 08:52:57 am
Omnigamer: 2013-05-01 08:46:33 am
Omnigamer: 2013-05-01 08:26:28 am
Omnigamer: 2013-05-01 08:25:45 am
Omnigamer: 2013-05-01 08:25:15 am
All the things
Quote from Eternalspirit:
@Poxnor This is something that came up in a different verification I was in. If you tried to make it so only the runners of a game were allowed to verify (I am not saying that's what you said), very few runs would end up getting verified. If you put in greater scrutiny for who is allowed to verify based on their knowledge of the game, that would turn quite a few people off I imagine. If the intent was simply to have each verifier disclose their experience with the game for the purposes of weighting their verification decision against the other decisions, I'd be cool with that, and think that's totally appropriate (as long as it wasn't made public). I think the privacy of verification is a pretty damn big deal. The verifiers are never known unless they make themselves known, and I imagine quite a few people really appreciate that.

Paper reviews usually ask for several ratings from the reviewers, in addition to detailed technical comments where necessary:
Quote:
Overall grades:
1: Reject. Contribution is clearly below the expected level.
2: Lean towards reject, but could live with acceptance.
3: Undecided: I really cannot make up my mind. (Try to give as few of these as
possible).
4: Lean towards accept, but could live with rejection.
5: Accept. A solid paper.
6: Very strong paper, one of the very best in my pile.

Confidence levels:
1: An educated guess
2: Quite confident (but I did not check many of the details)
3: Confident (I know the area and I studied the paper in sufficient detail)

Quality of presentation:
1: Poor presentation to the point of not allowing the paper's contributions to be understood, or cannot verify correctness. This can be a reason to reject.
2: Poor but acceptable presentation.
3: Good presentation.

Suitability (1-3)

The last two aren't really factors for SDA submissions, and the Overall Score is compressed to be more binary (accept/reject). The confidence level is used as a weighting factor for figuring out the weighted score, which a committee would go by for accepting/rejecting the submission.

I'm not saying that SDA should necessarily move towards that route, as I think most of the time verifiers can be well-trusted. If verifiers want to voluntarily list their confidence it might not be a bad thing, but it doesn't have to be mandatory with the process as it is now.
HELLO!
Quality of presentation certainly does matter.  A Twitch highlight or webcam capture won't cut it.
Professional Second Banana
Prospective verifiers speaking for their knowledge of/history with the game is actually the intended use of the 'Comments' field on the page that comes up when they offer to verify a run using the new queue system.  That was mainly implemented so that when we get a flood of offers for a high-profile game, we'll have something to go off of when we cut down the verifier list to a manageable size.
@puwexil I didn't even know that. Any way to add some default text in there to describe that, or just have something more descriptive than "Comments"? As a game developer, I've come to realize that even if you provide help for your game somewhere in your app that is easily accessible, if you don't shove it right in the player's face, they simply won't read it.. even then, they still may just skip over it. But at least you increase the chances of them reading it and thus not become frustrated. I think the same thing could apply here.. and for the record, I did actually read about the new system (though I don't remember much of what was said!).
Edit history:
Lenophis: 2013-05-01 10:32:42 am
0-10
The one I did verify was a segmented run with a death at Astos

This is the run you are speaking of.

Quote:
You could also put the Ether buying here as well, then.. kill 3 birds with one stone!

Sadly, you cannot buy Ethers in Elfheim. They can be purchased in Crescent Lake, Pravoca, Gaia, and Onrac.

Forgot to mention this, but I'm putting up the offer again. If anyone wants to do audio commentary for this run, be it by yourself or with someone else, hit me up and I'll shoot you a video link. If you're worried that you need to know this game, fear not because the only qualification you need is that you want to do it! The rest is easy. Cheesy
Quote from Lenophis:
The one I did verify was a segmented run with a death at Astos

This is the run you are speaking of.

It was this run: https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/final_fantasy_origins__april_28th_2010.html (was verifier 2)
That run was followed up by this one: https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/final_fantasy_origins__march_27th_2011.html (was verifier 3)

Looks like you did those ones, too. Tongue

Quote:
Quote:

Sadly, you cannot buy Ethers in Elfheim. They can be purchased in Crescent Lake, Pravoca, Gaia, and Onrac.

Forgot to mention this, but I'm putting up the offer again. If anyone wants to do audio commentary for this run, be it by yourself or with someone else, hit me up and I'll shoot you a video link. If you're worried that you need to know this game, fear not because the only qualification you need is that you want to do it! The rest is easy. Cheesy

That's actually pretty tempting. Tongue Mind PM'ing me the details?
Precursor
Quote from puwexil:
Prospective verifiers speaking for their knowledge of/history with the game is actually the intended use of the 'Comments' field on the page that comes up when they offer to verify a run using the new queue system.  That was mainly implemented so that when we get a flood of offers for a high-profile game, we'll have something to go off of when we cut down the verifier list to a manageable size.

...I have never once considered that that's what the comment field might be for. In fact, I've never really managed to figure out what it's supposed to be for at all. So I've always ignored it.

So, yeah, probably a good idea to add a note on that page about that.
I vaguely remember reading an announcement that that was the purpose of it.