Sad
<- 1  -   of 21 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Don't know what to speedrun :(
Wow ok yeah I just looked it up; you are right Deedlit. According to the FF wiki protect reduces damage by a third. That's pretty significant. In the end game of my practice run I was regularly taking over 600 damage a shot so protect would save me 200 HP per hit. Definitely worth the 4k. Thanks.
Edit history:
Youkai: 2012-07-19 12:57:11 pm
Youkai: 2012-07-19 12:45:30 pm
Finally got done with Jelly farming. Man were they a pain in the but. After 2 or 3 days I finally got both of my Jelly farming segments in the bag. After Jelly farming I have 112k gil. I bought a couple items on the list during farming so the updated list of remaining items to buy totals JUST under 112k lol. Which is awesome because that doesn't take into account me selling some of my old gear once I use it, or the 7k I'll be able to farm from a mexalixer, or the guaranteed 5k chest in Balfonhiem. I was considering passing on the Glacial Staff's but it definitely looks like I can afford them now which is awesome. Also it seems that I should be able to buy a few more Hi and X potions than are in my plan which is good because I think I put their estimate pretty tight to keep the cost down.

The only thing I'm kind of worried about is that I'm passing on buying Esuna. I didn't need it at all in my practice run though so I think on a Segmented run I can get away without it which will save me some gil.

For those of you that have been following the thread I have been quoting splits from another runner that I have been mistakenly attributing to Kuro. They are actually splits from Eguchi. After Tiamat I was 12 minutes behind Eguchi's best known splits which is accounted for by Ba'Gamnon farming and the time I took to farm Golden Amulets. After both rounds of Jelly farming I'm 1 minute behind. I'd like to think some of that time is due to be doing it a little better and I'm sure some of that time is due to being able to reset. I don't know how much jelly farming he did but I'll also assume that he probably did slightly more than I did due to not having Amulets. Still though being only one minute behind at this point is exciting. I'm fairly certain I can gain time from here out so that is good news Smiley

Time to start powering through the game!

Aeroga - 6800
Bio - 4900
Bubble - 3300
Carabeener Mail x1 - 11000
Death - 5200
Dispel - 4500
Enchanters Habit x2 - 6400
Firaga - 8200
Glacial staff x2 - 4800
Gilt Measure - 4000
Hi-Potion x30 - 6300
Lamia's Tiara x2 - 6400
Mirror Mail - 8100
Pheonix Down x20 - 5000
Storm staff x2 - 4800
Theif's Cap x1 - 9300
X-Potion x20 - 12600
Made some really good progress today. I'm now over 4 hours into the run.
Weegee Time
Keep up the good work, Youkai!
Today was crazy frustrating. Had the Mandy/Ahriman segment and the Cid 1 segment today. Both of those are really BS segments. After Cid though I got a couple more segments done. Next up is Tyrant.
Edit history:
Zali: 2012-07-22 08:25:26 am
Zali: 2012-07-22 08:24:38 am
Zali: 2012-07-22 08:22:45 am
Zali: 2012-07-22 08:22:21 am
Two Little Corrections:
- Protect gives a multiplier of 0,75 against physical attacks, which equals 25% damage reduction.
- Measures do not carry a status effect, they have a chance per hit to inflict them. This chance account 50% for all Measures. The duration of this effect is the same as normal.

Oh and you can't reduce the damage done of Measures with defense, because they share the damage formula with guns, which ignores defense completely. On the other hand, protect itself will reduce the damage done. But that's shouldn't be any problem. The Attack value of any Measure is very low.

Did you used CET for Cid? Like the japanes guy (Nico?) used it.
Edit history:
Youkai: 2012-07-23 01:43:54 pm
Youkai: 2012-07-23 01:38:59 pm
CET? I had to use the equipment swap trick to kill him if that's what you are asking.

EDIT: I'm to Pharos now. Got the Hydro segment done. Next is Pandemonium and a bunch of running through the tower.
Edit history:
Youkai: 2012-07-25 10:12:24 pm
I got to the top of Pharos. Spent about 5 hours today dieing over and over trying to learn the group of boss battles at the top. Man it's a bitch. There is so much micro management that goes into those fight and it all has to be done at very precise times. I managed to actually beat the fight once so I know it can be done but it was definitely less than ideal. Anyway I will be working on it tomorrow. If my internet isn't being crap again I'll stream the attempts. I get the feeling that this segment is going to take some of my patented "Crazy Stupid Magical Unicorn Luck".

After 130 attempts I got one that I can keep. Now only one more segment!
fucking beast
You have such a great patience. Just amazing.
Edit history:
Youkai: 2012-07-27 02:49:06 pm
Youkai: 2012-07-27 11:35:12 am
Youkai: 2012-07-27 11:35:02 am
Spent 7 hours yesterday trying to learn the final boss block. Got to the fourth form twice :/ Got destroyed both times. Hopefully I can actually figure out a more consistent way to do forms two and three and get this crap taken care of. I'm so insanely frustrated with it right now.

EDIT: Did a couple more test fight this morning. I think I figured out a trick that will help me get past the third form more consistently. So I have it worked out to this now:

First form (Gabranth): Guanateed
Second form (Vayne): high success rate if I don't make a mistake
Third form (Vayne Novus): Reasonable success rate if I don't make a mistake (possibly high depending on how consistent this new trick is)
Fourth form (The Undying): Haven't beaten it yet.

EDIT 2: The second and third form seem consistent and I think the fourth is going to boil down to some luck manipulation. Hopefully I can get this recorded tonight.
Edit history:
Youkai: 2012-07-27 07:50:24 pm
FINALLY! I managed to beat the final boss block once. It's good enough to keep but I'm going to give it a few more attempts. Still though the nightmare is over!

6:35:17 should be the game time at the time of The Undying's death.
Edit history:
Fragmaster01: 2012-07-27 10:05:36 pm
Wiggle wiggle
*does the ff12 dance*

Congratulations! May you wear this victory with pride and sass.
aka theenglishman
Quote from Youkai:
6:35:17 should be the game time at the time of The Undying's death.

...you're pretty good >_>
Professional Second Banana
Congrats Youkai!
I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Wow!  That's an amazing time.  Congratulations!
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
Grats Youkai!
Weegee Time
And so the saga finally draws to a close.  Well played!
Everything's better with Magitek
That's a great time! Congrats for sticking to it and actually completing a run!
Make it so.
Youkai that is utterly boss, the work you've put into this is staggering, I can't wait to see/verify this!
Congrats Youkai!
Watcher
Oww yessss! CONGRATULATIONS YOUKAI.

Really nice the run for the best (for me) RPG game on PS2. And second game on PS2, just behind Devil May Cry. I spend so many friggin good hours (one run was >200h), and OST is always with me oin the phone. Mmmm. Run is done!

Mmmm. Can somebody play it on one of marathones?
Congratulations on finishing at all given how many restarts you had to do, and especially with that time! BANANAS.
Quote from Scorpio:
Mmmm. Can somebody play it on one of marathones?

No. At the moment I'm the most qualified to do that and it's not going to happen. I have no idea how those crazy Japanese RTA runners make it work but I certainly couldn't make a SS run of this any kind of consistent. Not to mention fast or interesting to watch. Sorry.
as well as submitting to sda, will you be uploading to youtube with commentary?