--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/FestersQuest.html

Fester's Quest (ntscus) (nes) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Zakky the Goatragon'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Fester's Quest (ntscus) (nes) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/festersquest-20150117/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by April 5, 2015.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
HELLO!
I'm really surprised Fester's Quest went public.

So nervous there around 12:00, being chased with one health.

Looked like nerves from the runner around 14:30? Smiley

(Brossentia's old run comments are right: in watching this, the game looks, much more boring than it is)

A/V is fine, timing on the video looks accurate to me.  Don't see any cheating.  Beats the old run by nearly two minutes.

YOU RANG?, I mean, accept
A/V good for NES, no cheating detected

This is a legitimately good run.  The main thing I'd hold against it is that there is a fair amount of movement slop - certainly more than there needed to be - but not enough to warrant a reject.  Luck was good enough, and so was the execution.  It's also a significant improvement, as pres mentioned. So this is a definite accept, but if the runner takes improving this as Siliously Wink as he has improving another of his speedgames, the result will no doubt be far more entertaining a watch than a single Fester's Quest run has any right to be.

And as an aside, I had completely forgotten how much the overworld theme in this game makes me think of Bionic Commando...
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
A / V : Good

Cheating : None Detected

Gameplay : looks good, a bit of "off" movement but nothing major, the Key trick it just laughable and the 3D corridor sections look like hell to navigate (but the runner knows where to go :P)
all-in-all a great run.

accept
Decision posted.