--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Fantasy Zone (ntscus) (vc/sms) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Jordan 'Greenalink' Greener!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Fantasy Zone (ntscus) (vc/sms) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/fantasyzone-20150224/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by June 16, 2015.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
That was.. fast.
Not sure about the Turbo thing, but beyond that there's no reason not to accept.
HELLO!
I can confirm the turbo thing.  It's a standard feature of an official re-release. It's not even a setting. It's just a button.

Tubo makes the game a lot easier.  By removing the need to mash I think the standards for routing go way up.

Love the La Dune boss fight.

I question the snowman boss a bit, though I understand the control difficulties here with the high speed.

Snowman refight looked more bold.

Accept though definitely this should be in a separate category from an SMS run.
Turbo on Master System is a bit of a gray area due to the Japanese "Sega Master System" hardware having a built-in rapid-fire unit.

I can't comment on potential differences in turbo speed between that particular console and the VC version, however.

I don't see any reason not to accept if turbo is a standard feature in VC.
DS Dictator
I perfectly understand the verifiers being a bit concerned about VC turbo. I think only the Sega Master system games supports it.

Don't forget this website did accept a run that was a re-released game and supports turbo.
The Anniversary edition of Mega Man 3 not only used turbo (standard feature) but also a few exclusive tricks like quick weapon switching and slide speed glitch.
http://speeddemosarchive.com/MegaMan3.html#ACSSdid

Other Fantasy Zone games

Original System 16 - Re-releases supports turbo
NES/Famicom - No(?), the run by Peaches___ uses Laser which is pretty much a rapid firing weapon, a turbo run may or may not make a huge difference as it depends if a turbo twin shot is stronger or weaker than laser.
2: Tears of Opa-Opa - Re-releases on VC and PS2 supports turbo but there is also an upgrade to enable rapid fire in the original SMS release.
System 16 version of 2 - PS2/3DS release supports turbo, not sure on the original arcade machine/users with Supergun and PCB copy.
Final Fantasy Gear - The PS2 and possibly 3DS if it ever comes out supports turbo but like SMS version of 2 Tears of Opa-Opa, there is an upgrade to enable rapid fire.
Super Fantasy Zone - Rapid fire can be turned on by going to options, even in the original release.
Neo Classic - This is the PS2 release which is loosely based on the Famicom version, it supports Turbo.

Opa-Opa/The Maze  and Galactic Protector are not traditional FZ games but the PS2 re-release supports turbo.

Quote:
I question the snowman boss a bit, though I understand the control difficulties here with the high speed.

This fight is on a timer, from what vaguely remember is that the big snowman will join in with the other two medium size snowmen, or if I kill the 2 medium snowmen so fast, the big snowman's projectiles will come out from the left and then from the right. I will double check with this but if you haven't noticed both original and re-fight against the snowman were done in a similar time (listen to the bgm).
Edit history:
presjpolk: 2015-06-03 06:02:11 am
HELLO!
Could be I was mistaken. It looked like he did some dodging in the first fight he didn't in the second.  But I could be mistaken.
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
A/V : Good
Cheating : None
Gameplay: Very good

As it's a feature of the re-release I don't see the rapid fire as any kind of issue, however, I do agree about it being a separate category and it should not obsolete the previous NES run by Peaches__.

Accept.
Decision posted.
DS Dictator
One down, a few more to go.

Attachment: