List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Fancy Pants Adventures (Any %) (Single Segment) [World 1]

Verifier Responses

Quote:
This game is a pain to run. It's fast and has slippery controls.

A/V = good. While there is a faster record out there, I believe this is a good example of the best strategies. A very solid run.

Accept.

Quote:
A/V is very good and I can see no signs of cheating.

I have to be honest here, this is a marginal run for me. As the verifier above me says, FPA is a deceptively hard game to run, requiring a quite bit of luck with the controls at time, meaning that it's very easy to (seemingly) time everything perfect and still have things turn out wrongly, so some lenience on the runner should be given. And don't get me wrong, this is a solid run, executing most of the optimal strategies, few mistakes (barring the penultimate level) and showing that the runner clearly has done quite a bit of training.

However, there's room for improvement, as I'd estimate that an absolutely optimal run could be 8 to 10 seconds faster (barring the discovery of dramatically new strategies) and, more realistically, there's a run out there that's about 4 seconds faster than this one. So although it's a good showcase for the game, because FPA is a very short game (150 seconds from start to finish) and being a bit harsh, it's a weak reject from me, I think that we'd need sub 150 at least to accept.

Quote:
Audio Quality: Good
Video Quality: Good

There may be a faster run out there, but this run is solid enough on it's own right.

Accept.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'cooopercrisp!'
Thread title:  
Part of a balanced breakfast.
Thanks guys! I didn't expect this to get accepted so I am pleasantly surprised.

I know where the second verifier is coming from, and ideally I would have gotten sub-150 before submitting, but this is a frustrating game and I don't expect to improve this time anytime soon.
I've done a run of this game 4 years ago without the use of walljumps and it had a time of 144.67 (Definitely wasn't a perfect run) which you can watch here (For some reason YouTube couldn't handle the video so the video runs at like at least half the speed...). It can give you some improvement ideas and perhaps motivation to record a new run! But yes the game was quite frustrating to run... Wink
Second verifier here: crisp, having seen TheVoid's run, I'd heartily encourage you to try again sometime and go for sub 150... if you can combine your best strategies with his, I'm pretty sure that it can be achieved and maybe a 142 is possible, perhaps even less, with the wall jump.

And kudos on the accept, it's a solid run, even if improvable.
Edit history:
cooopercrisp: 2013-10-26 12:19:15 am
TheVoid, if there's that much time to be saved without the wall jump then it's something I want to look into, because that really was more of a hindrance than a help. Now that I know the time can be improved I have to at least put in a good effort to get a better time. Sub-150 will be the obvious first goal, with sub-145 potentially following. I'll definitely give that video a look.

EDIT: Looks like Level 2 is where I can save most of my time. I knew jumping over that first gap in the second room was possible but couldn't get it consistently enough during my runs. I'll have to try harder I guess.
New thread for the game, for further discussion.