Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910 -> <- 1, 2 ... 10 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Love this is coming again. especially now that i have started running FFIV... guess i need to work on getting my time down. otherwise i'll just volunteer for commentary =).
I'm a scrubby noob
Thanks eLmaGus (even if I hate you) for telling me that this thread was created (I totally missed it! Sorry!)

Short answer: I'M FUCKING IN

Long answer:
I would really enjoy doing another relay race with you guys. Last one was really awesome. Also, I'm sorry last time, I wasn't sure about talking/commentating because of my bad english, I thought it was better to let Puwexil explain FF5 ^^'
Also, didn't added it but, I'm up for it only for FF5! (I'll remove my submission if ANYBODY DARE TALKING ABOUT THAT RUN KILLER MONSTER IN THE FLYING FORTRESS!!!)

(I'll try to make a better answer about everything that was said in that topic later, I don't have lot of time right now)
Edit history:
puwexil: 2014-05-21 01:56:26 pm
Professional Second Banana
If people don't have much more to say about the logistics, I'll probably start signups next week so we can start working on finding a date.

Based on early feedback I've gotten, sounds like getting a commentator slot is going to be more competitive than a player one. Tongue
I think the set-up for the last one was pretty good.

with a little more Viewable information on incentives/challanges (if existent or vote for a bonus game) and with something in place to make sure racers start ASAP or within a timeframe of the last game (in order to simulate a real race situation), also the addition of commentators for games I think it will just make for a much better relay. (and the last one was already awesome)
Edit history:
Neerrm: 2014-05-21 03:05:17 pm
Comparing the two layouts in the same post, I definitely like the one that puwexil had for the last relay more than the one from the JP relay. I do feel like there should be some kind of indication of current race position though; it'd make it easier for people who are not terribly familiar with the games to get a quick idea of who's ahead. That's why I like the idea of the progress bar from the JP relay; it's a quick visual representation of the current race status.

I wonder if there's a way we could do that without taking up so much screen real estate...maybe horizontal instead of vertical?

edit: I've an idea to MSPaint when I get home.
And here it is!

I couldn't figure out a better way to arrange the game streams, but I'm sure there's a way. There's a lot of space to play with. Just an idea.
That does look pretty amazing, Neerrm! But I personally think, that the actual game windows are too small in comparison to the rest. It's like the game footage only takes up 40% of the screen. But then again I don't have a better solution either and I definitely think that the progress bar at the top is a very nice feature, which should somehow be included.
Small detail, but I can't help but think the event logo would make more sense if it were flipped. Rydia being on the left (because it's IV), and the crystal being passed to the right.

If you're looking just to fill space on Neerrm's layout, you could add total timers for each team. I agree with everything Jenja said though.
If you want, I can talk to Chris Hanel, who does all my overlays (BOILeR) and see what he's up for - fair warning - he aint cheap, but does amazing work
also, in for either 4 or 6 - or as commentary for 4 (I dont know 6 well enough for that)
Another attempt after a brief discussion with puwexil...this allows for the same size screens as the previous relay, and also has the checkpoint and logo. It could very easily only show 6 or 7 checkpoints as opposed to what I have in this to free up some room, and I don't think people will ever be ultros to kefka apart in the race, so I'm pretty happy with the idea:

Edit history:
puwexil: 2014-06-13 01:20:10 pm
puwexil: 2014-06-02 11:49:37 am
Professional Second Banana
OK, let the signups begin!

Signups are being tracked at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqEudIauJEyodEQ5NE1yODB2eXMxNUhlUVoxNDlkNXc&usp=sharing

To sign up for playing in the relay, just post the following info:

Twitch channel
Games offered (FF4 SNES Any%-No 64 Door Glitch, FF5 SFC w/Eng patch Any%, FF6 SNES Any%-No Sketch Gltch), and PB at each
Dates available (Aug 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Sept 6, 13, 20, 27) - most likely going to be starting at 10AM Eastern (GMT-4) again, so FF4 will be morning, FF5 will be afternoon, and FF6 will be evening in that time zone

I'm looking for 4 teams of 3 (which I'll balance out by PBs as best I can), and if I get more 4 signups for a game, I'll pick 4 players based on PBs and availability dates.

To sign up for commentary for a game, just post the same above info and let me know you're interested in commentary instead of playing.  Note that I'm only looking for 1-2 commentators per game (the runners will be there too, and I don't want it to get too crowded), and commentary preference will be given to people that apply to run a game but aren't chosen for a team.

I'll cut off signups on Friday, June 13th (Friday the 13th hype) so I can start trying to pick a date for the relay.

For possible bonus games, we'll wait until a date is set for the main relay, then I'll open it up to game suggestions.  The idea there will be to identify ~4 other RPGs with enough runners that a 3-4 person race could be organized shortly after the FF relay (preferably next day or at least within the week).

If anyone has suggestions for bonus incentives for any of the games I'd love to hear.  Since the incentives will not directly affect the runners' times, they should be things that have negligible time costs (like getting Rydia-less on Golbez in FF4 or getting the most EGGs of the teams, avoiding Ramuh in FF5, curing Cid the fastest in FF6, etc), though I'd really love to see merchant Locke riding a chocobo even though that has a slight time cost.
Edit history:
eLmaGus-: 2014-05-31 07:01:35 am
I must simply laugh.
well i guess ill start

twitch.tv/elmagus
Games: FF4 (3:21:48), FF5 (None yet), FF6 (4:55:03)
Dates available: Should all work since its saturdays.

Essentially i would like to sign up as backup for every game in case runners fall out or we have to few(maybe FF5 i dont know but i heard from a lot that they dont know if they want to join or not)
If i would have to set a priority, i'd like to do FF6 the most i guess, but since i was in the last relay you should take priority on new runners imo. Also i have a high chance of ending up being able to
run a Bonus Game if there is one :).

Commentary: Down for all games on commentary though i would imagine i wont be needed in FF5 since the host can take over for that Tongue
EDIT: Needless to say i wont play unless im on Team Y Burn

Well here is to hopefully lots of other signups

Cheers~
Edit history:
Incalex: 2014-05-31 07:03:41 am
Incalex: 2014-05-31 07:02:09 am
I'm a scrubby noob
twitch.tv/inkalex
Games: FF5 (4:25:19,) Haven't played it a lot recenty but I think I can cut the 420 ezpz
Dates available: Whenever you want Wink

Commentary: I could help for FF5 but because I'm not native english speaker, my english isn't the best so it would be better to choose me as a backup. But totally up for it anyway.

TEAM EGG FTW!

EDIT: I don't wanna be in eLmaGus team, he'll jinx my FF5.
twitch.tv/jenja23
Games: FF5 (4:16:23)
Dates available: Every date should work fine except the 9th of August, since it's my birthday on the 10th and I won't have time on that evening Wink

Commentary: I have seen enough runs to be able to participate in commentary for each game, but I'll gladly pass if there are more experienced people available for commentary (I'm pretty sure there will be).

I am really looking forward to this, so let's make this an even bigger success than the last one already was!
twitch.tv/crumps2
Games - FF4  (3hr23min) and FF6 (not so much a speedy run)
Commentary - FF4 (could also do FF6 but there's FAR better choices)

Dates - all available here

Also can possibly speedrun Chrono Trigger if thats added as an extra.  Was in last year's event, so feel free to give my spot to a newcomer!
Edit history:
Deln: 2014-05-31 11:06:39 am
Deln: 2014-05-31 11:06:18 am
sigh ok i think ill do this

twitch.tv/deln
Game: FFV(what else?) (4:18:36)
Commentary - FFV

Date - Weekend

if you get good runners for FFV then i would most likely do commentary for it instead
Edit history:
Neerrm: 2014-05-31 11:05:27 am
twitch.tv/neerrm
Games - FFIV (3:18:14)
Dates available: Don't foresee any issues with the dates, but hard to tell since it's a couple months away. Shouldn't be an issue.

I can also provide commentary for FF4 too!
Edit history:
obdajr: 2014-05-31 11:26:43 am
obdajr: 2014-05-31 11:24:52 am
I feel like im pretty behind with FFIV stuff, but 3 months should be enough time to catch up.

twitch.tv/Obdajr
Games - FFIV (3:25:59) will try to improve
any saterday other than August 30 will work as i'm going to PAX

Can commentate for FFIV as well, in fact if there are too many FFIV runners, I might just opt to commentate and not play.
twitch.tv/nocashnocash
Games - Final Fantasy 4 (3:28:08)
Commentary - Final Fantasy 4
Dates Available - All dates. i can request time off when the date gets set.

The only additional game i would recommend is FF4 64 floor glitch run, of course.  Might be too much FF4 for one relay.  My PB for the RTA will increase drastically over the next few weeks.  For those who knows me i grind pretty hard on diehard% so it was really easy for me to pick up RTA. 
Edit history:
Khobahi: 2014-06-07 06:22:29 pm
twitch.tv/khobahi
Games - Final Fantasy 4 (3:32:39) (3:25:33)
Dates: Anytime weekend

My time is awful and should be beaten easily today or tomorrow.

Commentary - I can also commentate for 4 and 6 (as long as not much much changes by then...)

EDIT Updated time with new PB
Edit history:
FeralPigMan: 2014-06-01 08:19:13 pm
twitch.tv/feralpigman
Games- FF4 (3:24:18)
Will be trying to get that sub 3:25 in the next week or so. For now I'm free all of August and September. I don't think I really know enough to really do commentary on anything, sadly.

Edit: Cut the 3:25! New PB of 3:24:18
http://www.twitch.tv/thelcc/
Games: FF4 (3:37:13), FF6 (4:50:40)
The only date I will NOT be available is Aug 9th. All others i'm good to go.

FF4 time is easy to improve on but i imagine there will be more than enough runners for it.
no love for 5 :<
twitch.tv/rageypoo
OH WOW I can't wait!!!