Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Easy]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'gelato'!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment] [Easy]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/fahrenheit-20160519/FIPR%20HQ.mp4

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.
I survived MIKE-Fest 1
Verification-Report
Game: Indigo Prophecy Remastered
Category: [Any %] [Single Segment] [Easy]
Plattform: PC

***Verifier qualifications***

I played the X-box version ... like a really long time ago.
No expirence in running the game.

***Video & Audio Qualifty***

The video and audio seems fine. No problems.

***Comapison to other runs out there***

I found only one other run from 2013:

(not sure if it is a legit speedrun at all)

The submitted run beats it easily.

***About the Run***

From the nature of the game it is mostly the route and research the runner did on the game
that will result in a faster time.

The runner shows a great deal of knowledge of the game.

The excecution is very good in nearly all the parts (Some minor errors in the later part of the run). The game is obviusly not meant to be completed in a fast way.
As this is a Singel segment run some minor excecution errors are to be excpected.
The Deaths are intenional acording to the runners comments (I guess the second one was just not planned on that spot...)

Overall this run is very good from my point of view (completed the game but didn't run it).

***Verdict***

Accept
Borderlands 2 Glitch Hunter/ router.
A/V: Fine, the starting credits look laggy as hell (when compared to the other YT vid posted) but the video file is running at 29-31~fps at that point so it's some kind of rendering lag for that sequence. (maybe an older Pc or a compatibility mode issue?) after the intro it seems fine for the most part.

Cheating: None

Gameplay: Execution seems good, Runner knows what they are doing, as mentioned above the second death was not meant to happen in that 'Chapter' however the runner required a second death before the final chapter anyway to get the ending he wanted, apparently this wasted around 20 seconds which given it's a 3:26:00 run is not worth crying over.

ACCEPT
Audio & Video Quality:
The quality is alright. I personally dislike the 30fps because it makes the game look "lumpy", but it's sufficient for SDA.

Gameplay:
Anyone who played this game knows that the runner tells the truth about how the controls are kinda weird and delayed. That excuses occasional mistakes, which are totally acceptable for an almost 4 hour single segment run.
It’s obvious that the runner put a lot of work into figuring out the fastest routes, decisions, dialogue options, and also when to fail on purpose is the smartest choice. Kudos for that.

No cheating

Verdict:
Accept

I‘d also like to say that I really appreciate the author‘s detailed (and humorous) commentary.
Edit history:
gelato: 2016-06-01 06:12:10 pm
Thanks for verifying, you guys! I'm also dissapointed with the fps of the encode. I did all I could to try and record at an acceptable framerate (which is why I played with the lowest graphics quality) I have a decent gaming pc but it has issues recording and running a game at the same time. I will try to find a way to fix the issues with the fps as much as I can in the final encodes.
Well you did set the game resolution to 1920x1080, isn't that most likely the problem ? Grin
Is it? I thought it would look off if I recorded it in another resolution, seeing as that's my monitor's native resolution. I'm not a pro with recording stuff so that's my bad, haha.
Decision posted.
Great! Doing final encodes in all qualities (including insane and xtreme) which will hopefully help with some of the video issues.
Just a tip for future recordings:
In general, recording in 1920x1080 is pretty demanding on your system, hence the low fps. And recording in a resolution lower than your monitor's native is normally not a problem.
How did you record it anyway ?
Edit history:
gelato: 2016-06-09 08:17:14 pm
Right, makes sense. I should have done more testing with settings before I recorded for sure. I used OBS.
Finally submitted all the final encodes!