<- 123456 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Our travel plan for this year:

Bus & Train times are maybe changing (it depends on the train tickets and how much they will cost)
DX, DXHR, MGR, TRA, GTA SA
Hey there,

going to arrive at the 25th in Stockholm at 9.45pm but since the train will start the next day I will be there for one day.
So if someone is around or needs a roommate in the hotels for one day just tell me. Smiley

best wishes
You can never run enough games
Hey, just a question to people who have travelled through Arlanda before:

My flight arrival time is 16:30 on Friday 25th, And the last train from Arlanda to Skovde is at 17:30. Is it likely that I would be able to make that train? Or should I play it safe and stay somewhere in Stockholm that evening, and get a train in the morning? I would be taking a checked bag on the plane, so baggage claim would be a thing as well.
Edit history:
icedpingu: 2014-05-30 04:00:50 pm
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from MLSTRM:
My flight arrival time is 16:30 on Friday 25th, And the last train from Arlanda to Skovde is at 17:30. Is it likely that I would be able to make that train? Or should I play it safe and stay somewhere in Stockholm that evening, and get a train in the morning? I would be taking a checked bag on the plane, so baggage claim would be a thing as well.

Easy, we took last year also the train from Arlanda to Skövde (over Stockholm) and the train station in Arlanda is just 5 minutes from the gates away. (it is right under the airport) So getting out of the plane, grabbing the luggage and heading to the train station shouldn't take more than 20 minutes. Wink
I forgot to mention: Prepare your train ticket after getting your luggage, they are checking your ticket right before you take the long escalator down to the train.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from icedpingu:
Quote from MLSTRM:

Easy, we took last year also the train from Arlanda to Skövde (over Stockholm) and the train station in Arlanda is just 5 minutes from the gates away. (it is right under the airport) So getting out of the plane, grabbing the luggage and heading to the train station shouldn't take more than 20 minutes. Wink
I forgot to mention: Prepare your train ticket after getting your luggage, they are checking your ticket right before you take the long escalator down to the train.

Careful, he's coming from the island, so he'll have to endure passport controls first. But if you say it's usually only 20 mins from plane to train, then the passport control shouldn't add too much, what would make it still doable ^^
Quote from MLSTRM:
Hey, just a question to people who have travelled through Arlanda before:

As someone who travels between Sweden and UK a lot, I would be rather uncomfortable with that connection for a few reasons:
1) Flights can (and do occasionally) get delayed.
2) SJ are a bit of a pain for rebookable tickets, if you get a rebookable ticket you need to be able to call them before the train leaves to change your ticket.
3) Baggage can also have a delay to it (last time I arrived I wait waiting in the baggage hall for 10minutes - after using the loo and grabbing a trolley)

I'm guessing since you're from the UK you're taking my favourite flight, Norwegian from Gatwick, to Terminal 5.  The London flights normally arrive right at the end of terminal 5, and I would say 20 minutes is a bit optimistic (doable without luggage for sure), I would say generally as an average I get from the plane, collect my luggage, and get to the Cafe that you reach after exiting the baggage hall in about 30 minutes.

Which is fine for you if everything is running on time.  If things are delayed then you will have an issue with rebooking tickets etc.

I would say you have options with better contingency and helps you still do most of the journey on the Friday still:
Swebus from Arlanda to either Vasteras or if you like here in Orebro.
The airport transfer bus leaves from Arlanda about every 45 mins and takes about 1.5hrs, and has the benefit of if you miss it, you can just catch the next one, if you want to go to Orebro then you might as well take the 18:35, which you do a switchover in Vasteras at 20:10 and arrive at the Central Station here at about 9:30pm.
You can then catch the train from Vasteras (which also passes through Orebro), to get to Skovde on Saturday, and it looks like there's a train that runs approximately every 2 hours during the day, and takes about 2hrs and 10 minutes to get to Skovde (subtract 45mins if you stay in Orebro).

I can't give you a place to stay in Orebro, but I might be able to help you out on the friday and saturday getting to and from a hotel. I would imagine the Hotels are cheaper in Vasteras though.

Worth looking into rather than having a rush in an unknown airport for you to catch a train.
Edit history:
thiefbug: 2014-05-31 01:49:38 pm
Quote from Heinki:
Hey there,

going to arrive at the 25th in Stockholm at 9.45pm but since the train will start the next day I will be there for one day.
So if someone is around or needs a roommate in the hotels for one day just tell me. Smiley

best wishes

lol, same here with elo and me... guess we can hang around together for... 12 hours until we can take the next train? xD
hotel would be pretty expensive, I guess
DX, DXHR, MGR, TRA, GTA SA
Quote from thiefbug:
Quote from Heinki:
Hey there,

best wishes

lol, same here with elo and me... guess we can hang around together for... 12 hours until we can take the next train? xD
hotel would be pretty expensive, I guess

Haha Alright , So I guess we will see each other in the flight already. Tongue
Edit history:
Gyoo: 2014-06-01 01:23:45 am
The cake is a lie
Random infos :

I'll land in Gothenburg on the 26th of July, and my train to Skövde is at 17:55 (26th too)

Does anybody else take this train ? We could do the end of the trip together Smiley
Hey menno if you are still in here, is there any possiblity of me traveling with me and how much would that cost?

Thanks in advance,

Jasper
Edit history:
BaalNocturno: 2014-06-02 08:55:05 am
There is no light to save you
Ok i finally booked my flight now, i will be in Stockholm (Arlanda) at 18:55 on 25th July. So from what i've read there isnt a train anymore at this hour xD where can i check the trains? or does somebody know when the earliest one comes?
I think of just party through the night instead of sleeping any seems cheaper xD
A lot of you seem to be unaware that you can get a bus from Arlanda to Stockholm C and get trains to Skövde up until 23:05.
There is no light to save you
oh thats possible? That's really good to know! Do you have a link to the plans? And do i have to buy the tickets beforehand or can i just buy them there?
Quote from BaalNocturno:
oh thats possible? That's really good to know! Do you have a link to the plans? And do i have to buy the tickets beforehand or can i just buy them there?

I know you can buy flygbussarna tickets from ticket machines in either the baggage hall or in arrivals area of Terminal 5, I think they are about 120SEK.  The busses are easy to get to from terminal 5, just exit arrivals by the cafe (big taxi rank on your right), and go left.  Other terminals I'm not sure about, but can't be too hard to find Smiley

You can buy those in advance here: http://www.flygbussarna.se/en
I will arrive in Göteborg on July 26th at 13:45.

I have not booked train tickets yet but I assume I will take a train at 15:55 (arrival in Skövde at 17:20).
Quote from curseddolls:
Quote:
Of course I'm serious, Mariestad is what, less than 5 mins off the E20? Smiley So no trouble at all. Don't need anything in exchange.  As for when I'm going, once I know the schedule, I can work out which couple of days I want to go for and discuss it with the two friends that have shown interest in going.  Will let you know after that. Smiley

Sweet.. but yes if you could be there on saturday or sunday would be the best for me, want an early time so I can get a good place to sleep and so I can get more time to be there in general (since I have to leave 1st august) Smiley

Just so you know I'm probably going Thursday to Late Saturday (still yet to hear from one friend on their opinions on dates, but it's unlikely we'll be going on the First Saturday/Sunday).
Ok then I'll see you there instead Smiley
Precursor
It's possible my plans of travel will change to actually driving Gothenburg-Skövde on July 26th instead. Haven't decided completely yet, though.
Seems like I'm going to take a train to Oslo, then a bus to Göteborg and then a train to Skövde on the 25th, should then be there at about 7-8pm.
Second post once again updated.
KennyMan, keep me updated.
Curseddolls, did I enter your stuff correctly?
Menno/J4sp3rr, did that work out?
Alko, when are you finally deciding on trains?

Finally, grabbing this post to remind you guys that you have one and a half weeks left to shoot me a PM, if you wish to take advantage of my Euros to Crowns exchange booth Wink See first post for any missing details.
Alko, I'm won't be driving from Oslo. I'm likely to go by bus or train from Oslo to Gothenburg, and onwards to Skövde from there.
Removed your request in that case ^^
Edit history:
curseddolls: 2014-06-20 12:09:19 pm
Quote from Alko:

The date is sort of correct but since IRL changes i will be there for the whole event this time.
But if no one replies on that I will take the buss on 25 or 26 instead.

Is the masshouse open already at the 25th?
That would be great to know.
Edit history:
Alko: 2014-06-21 07:01:15 am
Quote from curseddolls:
Quote from Alko:

The date is sort of correct but since IRL changes i will be there for the whole event this time.
But if no one replies on that I will take the buss on 25 or 26 instead.

Is the masshouse open already at the 25th?
That would be great to know.

Changed ^^
I hope it is, I just bought my ticket for the 25th …
That said, here are my details:
Arriving on Friday, 25/07 at 19:05 in Skövde with R 7248 (from Nässjö C, 17:16; arriving there at 17:05 on X2 542 from Copenhagen, 14:29; arriving there at 14:14 on ICE 33 from Hamburg, 09:28; rest irrelevant).
Leaving on Wednesday, 06/08 at 10:54 with R 7225 (Nässjö 12:40, into X2 529 at 12:51, Copenhagen 15:32, change to ICE 32 at 15:42; rest irrelevant).

Edit: Just as a heads-up, if you want me to change your Euros into SEK, you still have six days to contact me via PM before I start organising stuff like phoning my bank and whatnot.

As a second heads-up, if you still have no idea how you're getting there, I would advise you to book your tickets yesterday; they're not going to get any cheaper Wink
So, Finns using boats to get to event, I would love if you'd PM'd me as I am totally lost with boats and Stockholms harbor, so I would appreciate travel company!