Smiley
Sad
<- 1234 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
How about a showcase around in Trials Fusion? Could be good entertainment if done correctly, as it is only a motorcross game in most peoples eyes.
Personal text
Quote from Tompa:
I would love to do some TASing work on the second channel. Both to show some TASes, with explanations, as well as TASing myself.

Yes! Cheesy
I can sit next to you and ask stupid questions.
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Tompa:
I would love to do some TASing work on the second channel. Both to show some TASes, with explanations, as well as TASing myself.

Consider it done! Let's discuss details

Quote from Zzzlol94:
How about a showcase around in Trials Fusion? Could be good entertainment if done correctly, as it is only a motorcross game in most peoples eyes.

Can you provide us with a 10-15 minute showcase?
Quote from Edenal:
Quote from Zzzlol94:

Can you provide us with a 10-15 minute showcase?

I could do that.
Murder on the Pawrient Express
Regarding the 'finals of tournaments' thing in the OP. I help run a lot of fighting game stuff over here and my actual games at ESA will probably take a total of 25 minutes to run. So if there's any interest in doing a tournament (or several) for SF4, Tekken, Marvel vs Capcom 2/3 (I can try and get the Dreamcast copy if people want that), Smash etc or whatever other games people want, I'm more than happy to organize the entire thing and get at least some of it streamed on second stream.

If you want niche/meme fighting games though, just bring them and let me know.
There will be a few smashers there including me. If we had enough players I think a smash tourney could be a good idea. Also anyone can easily play in a smash tourney even if they´re not good.
Maybe some f-zero races if other people are up for it?
Quote from Chucat:
Regarding the 'finals of tournaments' thing in the OP. I help run a lot of fighting game stuff over here and my actual games at ESA will probably take a total of 25 minutes to run. So if there's any interest in doing a tournament (or several) for SF4, Tekken, Marvel vs Capcom 2/3 (I can try and get the Dreamcast copy if people want that), Smash etc or whatever other games people want, I'm more than happy to organize the entire thing and get at least some of it streamed on second stream.

If you want niche/meme fighting games though, just bring them and let me know.

I think a fighting game tournament would be a great addition to the second stream, and I'll definitely join (and get my ass kicked).
Edit history:
Airrider: 2014-04-17 02:39:10 pm
Airrider: 2014-04-17 02:38:14 pm
Quote from Yvathacal:
Maybe some f-zero races if other people are up for it?

I´d love that. But the only F-Zero I´m decent at is GX.
Smörgåsbord
Mario Kart 8 tournament, get some indie developers to talk about how to amke games and then have a speedrun of it or something. Stuff like that
I approve of Mario Kart 8.
Edit history:
Gyoo: 2014-04-19 03:03:37 am
The cake is a lie
Quote from Svenne:
get some indie developers to talk about how to amke games and then have a speedrun of it or something. Stuff like that

Make a cooperative IWBTG fangame called I Wanna Be At ESA
Everybody designs a level :3

Before asking, I don't know anything about creating IWBTG fangames, it's just an idea I throw.
Quote from Gyoo:
Quote from Svenne:
get some indie developers to talk about how to amke games and then have a speedrun of it or something. Stuff like that

Make a cooperative IWBTG fangame called I Wanna Be At ESA
Everybody designs a level :3

Before asking, I don't know anything about creating IWBTG fangames, it's just an idea I throw.

that sounded so cool Smiley
www.twitch.tv/amvx
Just to repeat what I stated in the other thread, IF Payday 2 ends up having a segment, then I am very confident with being able to get some of the developers on Skype (or similar) to talk about the game as well. If it helps the games case.

As for stupid suggestions:

Time Trial: Moonbase Alpha (Co-op)
Alternative Entertainment : Viscera Cleanup Detail (Co-op)
Score Runs: Audio Surf (song by donation vote)
Score Runs: AaaAAA! A Reckless Disregard for Gravity
Alternative Entertainment: Worms 2: Armageddon (competition final)...or Worms Pinball / Worms Crazy Golf, I dunno.
Score Runs: Goat Simulator
Score Runs: Hitman: Sniper Challenge
Score/Time Runs: Super Hexagon (though this one could get annoying)
Underrated Games: You Don't Know Jack (2013) - 4 person competition
Adult: Mortal Kombat (2012)
Score: Bit.Trip.Runner or Bit.Trip.Beat

Hockey enthusiast
Quote:
Alternative Entertainment: Worms 2: Armageddon (competition final)...or Worms Pinball / Worms Crazy Golf, I dunno.
Score Runs: Goat Simulator

I'm sure the attendees and viewers alike would like that! Would you be interested in organizing a Worms tournament?

There is a very cool HTML5 game called Grabitty (You can play it here http://play.grabitty.com/ ) which I really enjoy. I speedrun it but I didn't submit it because I didn't know if it would be worth it. But I suppose here is a good opportunity for suggesting it.
I took contact months ago with the creator when he saw someone speedrunning his game. His name is Trygue Vea, he has a Twitter ( https://twitter.com/kvisle ) and he plans to come at ESA already. So I suggest to play at it with him commening the levels, some funny facts etc. Besides he is working on a full standalone version so maybe we will even have more things to show that now!
Smörgåsbord
If someone want to contact coffee stain studios (the makers of goat simulator) that actually are located in Skövde, and have them come to ESA that would be great. I know Armin but don't wanna ask him directly Tongue
That's a pity.
I don't know if there'd be enough people with an interest to run it, but I was thinking of doing a Pinball tournament (through The Pinball Arcade, which is available on Steam). That'd be something for the second stream.

Alternatively, I could do a high score attempt on any given table (any of like... 15 different tables). This would also involve explaining the rules for the table, and HOPEFULLY getting to the Wizard mode.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from AMVX:
Just to repeat what I stated in the other thread, IF Payday 2 ends up having a segment, then I am very confident with being able to get some of the developers on Skype (or similar) to talk about the game as well. If it helps the games case.

Yeah, I've been wondering if this is still up, because in the round table stream they mentioned the second stream will be in a much tinier room with only one PC.

Suggestions for the stream:

+ Individual Levels: Enemy Territory - Trickjumping Maps (e.g. LNA Trickjump) - In my active seasons in the German Bundesliga/ESL we also had training for improving our movement in the game, we spent a lot of time on trickjumping servers. I could show some one of the most known trickjumps on several maps or I just play on a trickjump map. Here is an example: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpevPEJ_o24 (these trickjumps are made on the original maps, but I would play on a map where all the trickjumps are combined)

+ Speaking of Enemy Territory, which brings me to my next suggestion: Wolfenstein – Alternative Entertainment/Underrated Games (?) – Since Return to Castle Wolfenstein is one my favorite games I could do a mini-block of the Wolfenstein games (not all games in on run, maybe 2 games per day?). Many people think that Wolfenstein 3D was the first game, but there were two games before (Castle Wolfenstein and Beyond Castle Wolfenstein) that were released on the Apple II (later on DOS). I would play all of them on the PC in the release date order:  1981 Castle Wolfenstein, 1984 Beyond Castle Wolfenstein, 1992 Wolfenstein 3D, 1992 Spear of Destiny, 2001 Return to Castle Wolfenstein, 2009 Wolfenstein and for the final I would run the newest game Wolfenstein – The New Order, which will be released in one month (20th May). It is the second game, which has the newest id Tech 5 engine (after Rage). I could talk while the run goes on about the games; tell some fun facts and other things (heavy censoring in Germany/Austria, etc.).
+ Underrated Games: Killing Floor – 5-Player CO-OP with winkl0r, Huh? , Huh? and Huh? (any map on Suicidal/Hell on Earth), I would like to show one of the best CO-OP games out there (besides Payday 2). If any attendee is interested to join this game, feel free to quote this paragraph, but I can also ask my brother to join the party (online) since he is one of the most passionate KF players out there. This game is not letting you win: http://www.twitch.tv/icedpingu/c/3432522 | http://www.twitch.tv/icedpingu/c/3432595 and something that has never happened before http://www.twitch.tv/icedpingu/c/3432559
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2014-04-26 09:20:02 am
LotBlind: 2014-04-26 09:19:34 am
LotBlind: 2014-04-24 11:49:53 am
I don't know if it's something to stream, but someone suggested a cookery "race" which however I'm thinking is just going to be a vote at the end of the marathon for best dish. We could showcase the food people were making near the end of the marathon? This only requires someone to do the documentation of events in the way I suggested so we can have pictures and recipes and such to show.

I can also host a Quake Live tournament if we get a few players. I'm thinking funny game modes instead of the regular FFA/Clan Arena that people mostly play. I think even if our players aren't super talented or anything the game mode could make it fun to watch. I can talk more about that if needed but it's easy enough to organize and there's a lot of possibilities. We could even have a viewer vote on which game mode[s] get played.

The only drawback is Quake Live isn't THE most popular game right now. Well, we probably have speed runs of game even less known. And Quake is Quake I suppose.

EDIT: I thought I'd just emphasize that we don't strictly even need on-site players to do this - if no-one signs up I can get one of my friends to play against me online. The main idea is the same still - showcasing the exotic game mode. I'm guessing there's not gonna be a lot of PC gaming otherwise.
Rhythm Games:

Dance Dance Revolution!
and
Rhythm Heaven Fever

These two games are great and fun to watch.
One or two players - this will be AWESOME!

How about a "Friendship Destroyer" Block?
Munchkin or even Dokapon Kingdom Cheesy

Murder on the Pawrient Express
I've given it some thought and I should be more than able to run the following stuff:

1. SSF4 AE 2012 / UMvC3, whatever one people prefer more.
2. Brawl/Melee, once again, whatever people prefer more, if someone gives me the ruleset you generally use for this game, I'm cool with following it, otherwise I'll just invent one and you'll hate me.
3. Joke game, something like Micro Machines, Ehrgeiz, Heavy Nova, Sonic 2 vs mode, Quidditch World Cup etc etc.

It'd should just be basic double elimination (unless we get such a weird number of players that groups are the best option), and setups depend on how many players we get.
Edit history:
winkl0r: 2014-04-26 01:26:33 pm
Quote from Chucat:
2. Brawl/Melee, once again, whatever people prefer more, if someone gives me the ruleset you generally use for this game, I'm cool with following it, otherwise I'll just invent one and you'll hate me.

Final Fantasy
no items
Fox only
Pretty sure more people would prefer Melee. Here´s the Apex ruleset: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/
I'm up for most tournaments. Not that I will be doing well...

Only idea for 2nd stream I have is to pick four random people to play the Party Mode of One Piece: Treasure Battle! (GameCube) for an hour or something. I can imagine it being very entertaining. Random ofc, but hey, you wanted ideas, lol. I got the game as well on the off-chance anybody thinks this is a good idea.