1234 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
ESA: 2014-04-09 07:46:06 am
We've talked a lot about the second stream in the past but not shared very much information. Here's a quick run down of the plans.

Philosophy
Meant to be a compliment to the main stream but with high enough quality to be considered a standalone stream. A great opportunity to experiment with new additions that previously have need been tested in marathons and for us to be able to show the viewers what's going on behind the scenes.

Equipment
The second stream will be run with the equipment from last years main stream. Hence it will be equipped for any console games, any PC games and handle 2-player races.

Schedule
Currently the schedule is devided into 4 blocks. (No games or content are yet 100% set) Times are local Swedish time. (GMT+1)

Block 1 - 02:00 -> 07:00 - Obscure / Adult
Block 2 - 07:00 -> 12:00 - Arcade / Score runs / Time Trials / Individual Levels / *Attendee provided content
Block 3 - 12:00 -> 18:00 - Popular Titles / RPGs
Block 4 - 18:00 -> 02:00 - Underrated Games / Alternative Entertainment / *Attendee provided content

During block 2 and 4 we want your help to fill these with what's called Attendee provided content.

What's an example of Attendee provided content?
Something that your don't see in marathons but viewers will find interesting. Example are:

Finals of tournaments
How to TAS - for example how to find bosses  HP values
Glitch exhibitions
How to do ROM-hacks
How to get started with speedrunning
How to route a game

Interviews and "behind the scenes"-stuff is already planned as parts of these blocks. 

Right now, we want you to suggest content for these blocks. Go nuts!
Thread title:  
Personal text
Would be cool to have a block to show glitches that are never seen/used in speedruns (or marathons runs). I could show of some in Rockman & Forte, Little Nemo and maybe the ww in SMB3, for instance.
Some cool things that came to my mind and I would like to see:

Interviews with speedrunners/attendees/organizers/volunteers/etc
Showing off the venue and the backstage stuff
Blind races

Will add more if something comes to mind
Personal text
I think the point is to suggest what you can do, not what you want to see Smiley
Quote from Joka:
I think the point is to suggest what you can do, not what you want to see Smiley

Well ofc I'm willing to do all of these myself too, but I was thinking mainly from viewers point of view. I find it hard to be selfish. Tongue
Hockey enthusiast
Joka said it. We're not looking for what you want to see, we are looking for what you can do.

And to clear up one tiny thing. We won't force content into these slots if they are not polished, professional, thoroughly planned and executed.
Edit history:
Gyoo: 2014-04-09 08:17:34 am
The cake is a lie
Quote from Arzga:
Blind races

I'd definitely do that.

Throwing ideas :
-It could be nice to see a blind race of a game that has been shown on the main stream earlier, or that will be just after the blind race happens.
Pros : Viewers can really see the difference between speedrun and a more casual playthrough
Cons : Might be redundant
-Blind races could be chosen via incentives, from a list of what players would like to play.
Edit history:
BlackWin5: 2014-04-09 08:17:02 am
BlackWin5: 2014-04-09 08:16:36 am
Quote from ESA:
How to route a game

would you want this to be for a specific type of game? since every genre has its own very unique way on how to route it.
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Gyoo:
-It could be nice to see a blind race of a game that has been shown on the main stream earlier, or that will be just after the blind race happens.

Blind races would fall under the category "Finals of tournaments". *Hint* Blind races will most likely be a thing. *Hint*
Having runner be chosen by donation incentives (especially on the second stream) is something I'm strictly against.

Quote from BlackWin5:
would you want this to be for a specific type of game? since every genre has its own very unique way on how to route it.

I'm thinking specific game, showcased on emulator with prepared save-states. Or preferably pre-made videos or routes.

Here's a concrete example of routine progress from a game I play myself. Return of the Jedi.

Original route: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgm-BTZg4rw#t=21m43s
The normal way of doing the level. Fasted route without using any special tricks or glitches.

Revised route: http://www.twitch.tv/striker/c/2313058?t=15m00s
Starting to do force freeze jumps

Current route: http://www.twitch.tv/striker/c/2684352?t=14m00s
As the runners became more proffisient with using the force freeze jump glitch. Maxing out the number of glitch jumps that are possible, entering the boss from below is the fastest way. Previously we knew how the glitch worked it didn't seem possible to use consecutive jumps.

Work that into a presentation.

It would have to be something an audience can grasp. Practical examples. Talking for 30 minutes about what you need to think about when routing
The cake is a lie
[quote="Edenal"]
Quote from Gyoo:
Having runner be chosen by donation incentives (especially on the second stream) is something I'm strictly against.

There's a misunderstanding I think.
What I suggested is, volunteers for blind races set a list of games they'd like to play, and there are donations to select the game, not the runners ! Wink
If Rock Band/Guitar Hero is still a thing in the second stream, I could showcase charting custom songs. I haven't done that in a very long time and it would take a fair bit of preparations from me so I'd like to know early if there's interest. With proper preparations and a good song choice I'm guessing it would take like an hour.
The cake is a lie
Quote from Kotti:
If Rock Band/Guitar Hero is still a thing in the second stream, I could showcase charting custom songs. I haven't done that in a very long time and it would take a fair bit of preparations from me so I'd like to know early if there's interest. With proper preparations and a good song choice I'm guessing it would take like an hour.

I am a (former) song charter aswell, could be interesting to share tasks for instance Smiley
Yeah, I'd be okay with that. Having more than one person involved reduce the chances of a bad chart by a lot.
I would be up for doing Mario Kart 64 Time Trial attempts for as long as needed. It would not be world record attempts, since world records are impossible to obtain with my skill level, but I could grind some more difficult courses for, say an hour or something, if you would want that on your stream - it would still be entertaining grind for those who like time trials.

Other than that, I'm still very interested in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, expert on whichever instrument. I can bring X360 games for it, and I can also see about transporting a Guitar controller or two if possible.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
I suggest an hour of アイドルマスタ2 (iM@S2) with ハンバーガ-hype ^__^ all Otakus gather round.
We both like money! Friends?
I might get inthesiccor to do a Heores 3 run. I guess that would be more suited for this stream. He did one for the Ludendi halloween marathon. He might not be in the country at the time though, Ill know more about that later.
If it is no trouble, I would like to see if you will allow a Wind Waker SD Master Sword Race between myself and LPAmdee, it's roughly half the game and lasts around 2 to 2 1/2 hours. the route is slightly different from the any% route as you don't have to get any of the triforce charts early due to not needing them for this category. Although the glitches stay the same. I thought I would sign this up as the main game was cut and we wanted to show at least a little bit of the game Smiley
Hockey enthusiast
This is not the place to suggest new runs. We are only interested in content that is not speedruns.
I suppose this would only apply of the SM64 race was accepted, but if that were the case, and there were enough runners (at least 5), the 1st and 2nd stream could be used to fit all the runners. It would be INSANE to watch 6-8 SM64 racers at once.
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Bl00dyBizkitz:
I suppose this would only apply of the SM64 race was accepted, but if that were the case, and there were enough runners (at least 5), the 1st and 2nd stream could be used to fit all the runners. It would be INSANE to watch 6-8 SM64 racers at once.

SM64 race is happening.

We've discussed splitting up races between the stream and come to the conclusion that we won't do it. We believe that the viewer experience will suffer too much from the de-sync between streams.
Edit history:
Henjoness: 2014-04-12 06:34:51 pm
I have played through bad rats in less than 3 hours
Someone should play Zelda CD-i.
The cake is a lie
Quote from Airrider:
Someone should play Zelda CD-i.

If Tompa is there we have our man
There is no light to save you
I mean i would have some ideas but theres always alcohol involved so i dont think that would be a good idea xD
Airrider: Wand of Gamelon might already make the schedule.

I would love to do some TASing work on the second channel. Both to show some TASes, with explanations, as well as TASing myself.