12 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Schedule Draft 1

THE IMPORTANT BIT: The Current Schedule Can Be Found here

The long and short stream are shown in detail in the 2nd and 3rd tab.

We apologise for the delay, but we have finally released our first draft of the ESA 2014 schedule. As you can see, streams 1 and 2 have both been drafted out and displayed simultaneously, as is our plan and goal for the two streams. We're happy with this for now, but we would like some feedback about schedule; whether it makes sense or if people feel that certain games are out of place. It is impossible to please everyone and it's quite the task to fit everything in well, so please bear that in mind.

If you will not be there on the day your game is scheduled, let us know.

This is still a draft so we will also go over it ourselves and fine-tune it.

If at this point you have dropped out and not told us, please tell us ASAP. Do not sit on this as it is very important for us that we know who is coming.

For the sake of clarity, this post was written by flicky. The decisions were made by the ESA scheduling team - flicky, bangerra, joka & Svenne with assistance from Edenal.

If you have a question, comment or problem with a cut, please send a PM to this account and we will get back to you. We do get back to everyone. You can also type feedback and so on in here as this thread is entirely regarding this draft of the schedule. Please do not hesitate to talk to us about this. We will happily reconsider certain things if provided with constructive reasoning and so on.

This was a massively complicated and difficult task and there will be cleaning up to do following this post. We apologise in advance for any fuckups that may cause problems, stress and so on.
Thread title:  
Edit history:
Heinki: 2014-06-03 03:25:09 pm
DX, DXHR, MGR, TRA, GTA SA
The time for Deus Ex Invisible war is still wrong, the estimate would be around 50:00-1:00:00.
Otherwise ok with the time and everything! Cheesy

Edit : ESA HYPE!!!!!
DS Dictator
New Super Mario Bros 2 is going to be Warps only, it was mentioned in the practice thread.
So the estimate including (long, unorganized) setup is 35 minutes.
Precursor
Bionic Commando Rearmed is currently scheduled before I'll be arriving so yeah no that needs to be moved a bunch. My current travel plan has me arriving at the very earliest after lunch Monday. There was never any thread for schedule limitations, if there had been, I would have requested to not have any of my runs scheduled before mid-Tuesday. So I guess I'll formally put in that request now instead.

Aaaaand once again all my runs are scheduled very early in the day, something I sincerely hoped to avoid this year.
You can never run enough games
The Estimate for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption can be moved down to 3:50, I thought I had mentioned this in the practice thread already but I can't find my post if I did :L  Run should be around 3:30, then to get the in-game time (It is a Prime Game) you have to sit through the credits, which is about 7 minutes, so 3:50 will be enough time even if things go wrong or if I show some other stuff off.

Also for the races or games with multiple runners, not all of them have been selected for who's running or which are races? (Specifically asking about Ty here)
Ty will be a race (in case both people are present)
You can never run enough games
If It's a race, it should be both of us playing on GCN then ideally, XBOX and GCN don't really compare since XBOX saves minutes in loading times, and I don't have access to an XBOX version to practice / learn on. But this can be discussed with Hanjoness if needed.
There is no light to save you
God damn I'm so excited for this! And good job on the schedule guys it's very well done and sorted!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I have mixed feelings about the Island Peril. Don't get me wrong I'm kinda happy that this game is gonna be on the first stream, but people really need to know that I have suggested it for the second stream and it isn't a game I'm primarily speedrunning (I also showed it at the Bad Games Marathon). Anyway: I'm hyped!

But the more important thing is: What happened with PayDay 2 (CO-OP with AMVX, heinki and tocophonic)? I'm wondering since it was on the final list (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z9akNmFFflkjL9V1RUwJRxg19_jZULUbW6ajGByTDp8/edit#gid=0)

And my last question is: Are you still considering to take any of the things we suggested in the other thread for the second stream?
We figured PayDay 2 can be filled into the open casual/mutiplayer blocks on the short stream. We also didn't add Goldeneye 007 multiplayer for the same reason.
There will be 'on the spot' scheduling for those open timeslots.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Thank you =D
And I want to mention that tocophonic will be arriving on the 30.07 (ca. 14:15 in Skövde) so the PayDay2 block has to be something between 30.07-05.08 ^^
Edit history:
Partystar: 2014-06-03 04:55:38 pm
At first I missed a bit of the usual blocks such as Mario world and Yoshi's Island in Mario block, Mega Man X games, but the games are very well balanced over both streams. I like the creativity such as Mario Kart and Mario World glued together. Both streams really look hype, I'm gonna have trouble deciding what to watch thumbsup
FrankerZ
You can cut 15-20 minutes off of the TR2013 estimate
After serveral testruns, I think my estimate can be around 1:20. The run itself can be around 50-60 minutes with average map layouts . I would like to showcase some more glitches and other things..... also it's funny that no one asked about offline% :D. Nice scheduling btw.
While I'm very okay with the late night/early morning slots, Ariwa wasn't that happy with Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and Titan Quest being late on the same night. Any chance of having them on different days or earlier/back to back so sleep is more of an option? Also in case you missed it there's some potential for a small Tomb Raider block with TR2013 and Guardian of Light.

Already mentioned this to Flicky but there's the thing with two PC blocks overlapping on 1/8, most notably Hitman and Deus Ex are on at the same time. Not doing any favors to Dark Messiah either.

Overall looks like a very solid schedule, plenty of interesting stuff on both streams.
Just for clarity, NES Ninja Gaiden is only pacifist%? Followed by my SMS Ninja Gaiden run, correct?
Personal text
Quote from KrazyRasmus:
Just for clarity, NES Ninja Gaiden is only pacifist%? Followed by my SMS Ninja Gaiden run, correct?

Yes
Did I ever mention how beautiful all of you on the scheduling committee are? thumbsup
Looking good im hyped, gonna practice untill my eyes bleed once vacation starts :>
Dog
I don't see a reason why Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (Jak 1) takes place 2 days after Jak 2 and 3. It would be logical to make it a block like last year i think. Other than that, i like the schedule H Y P E
Quote from ThaRixer:
I don't see a reason why Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (Jak 1) takes place 2 days after Jak 2 and 3. It would be logical to make it a block like last year i think. Other than that, i like the schedule H Y P E

We're trying to do away with lengthy blocks for this marathon. As you can see, the longest block is the Mega Man block which is about four hours and that is split up from the X blocks. We think that having all of one series in one place for a long time is something that may be detrimental in such a large event and so we're experimenting with splitting them up this year. We think that by splitting them, big fans will be more likely to be able to watch all the games (setting aside several hours of a day isn't the easiest thing) and they will be more able to enjoy the content in smaller chunks. Similarly we split up Dark Souls 1 and 2 and the X blocks.

Quote from Kotti:
While I'm very okay with the late night/early morning slots, Ariwa wasn't that happy with Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and Titan Quest being late on the same night. Any chance of having them on different days or earlier/back to back so sleep is more of an option? Also in case you missed it there's some potential for a small Tomb Raider block with TR2013 and Guardian of Light.

Already mentioned this to Flicky but there's the thing with two PC blocks overlapping on 1/8, most notably Hitman and Deus Ex are on at the same time. Not doing any favors to Dark Messiah either.

Overall looks like a very solid schedule, plenty of interesting stuff on both streams.

Just to say, anyone who has any concerns like this, let us know. Pointing out mistakes (like the Deus Ex/Hitman overlap) are very helpful for us.
Speed is all that matters.
Already mentioned that when I was talking to Svenne yesterday, I won't run FFCC on 2nd stream.
Also, Lighting Returns estimate is off from what I submitted. While the initial 3:45 might be a bit high, 3 hours is too short for donation incentive stuff, needs to be at least 3:20 to be on the safe side.
I'll glady play Pacifist NG btw, but im still open for a donation war between pac and race.
3D Dot Game Heroes estimate cun be cut to 3:00:00
I would like to point out that the categories for both HL2Ep1 and HL2Ep2 won't be "any%", but "SS / RTA no QS". A categorysplit was put in place shortly after the submissions of these games.