Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
ESA: 2014-07-15 02:49:51 am
ESA: 2014-07-14 02:05:24 am
ESA: 2014-07-13 02:27:52 pm
Final Schedule

THE IMPORTANT BIT: The Final Schedule Can Be Found here

The long and short stream are shown in detail in the 2nd and 3rd tab.

We apologise for the delay, but we have finally released our final draft of the ESA 2014 schedule. 

If at this point you have dropped out and not told us, please tell us ASAP. Do not sit on this as it is very important for us that we know who is coming.
If you will not be there on the day your game is scheduled, let us know.
If you notice any problems or inconsistencies please tell us directly.

For the sake of clarity, this post was written by flicky. The decisions were made by flicky and bangerra with input from Svenne and Joka.

If you have a question, comment or problem with a cut, please send a PM to this account and we will get back to you. We do get back to everyone. You can also type feedback and so on in here as this thread is entirely regarding this draft of the schedule. Please do not hesitate to talk to us about this. We will happily reconsider certain things if provided with constructive reasoning and so on. While we say this is the "final schedule" we will still make changes to accommodate schedule conflicts so please let us know if there are problems.

Firstly, I'd like to apologise for the time it took to get this out. We had to deal with some problems along the way. We have tried to keep things somewhat similar to how they were and have tried to document all the changes we made for convenience. We've tried to keep the structure we had before, but as we did not want to completely rebuild the schedule (which would mess with all of you) there will inevitably be a few games out of place.

We'd like to take this time to remind you that there are still open blocks in the marathon that you can get your games into. In addition to that, bonus stream and maybe extra space if we're ahead in time. Please come find flicky, bangerra or Joka during ESA and we can talk about adding you to open blocks.

Change log:

Due to new drops outs and other changes, most games will be shifted by a little bit (hopefully not too much) Unfortunately our sacrifices to the goddess of time were in vain and so we have to live with this. To any of you that sent us goats, thanks anyway.

Whiplash swapped with Gex 64 & Spyro 2 - games have same timeslot & stream but whiplash runner had two runs too close to one another.

Island Peril moved to Short Stream by request.

Goemon 2 moved to Long Stream Monday am

Skateboard block moved to Thursday pm

Binding of Isaac moved to early Tuesday as runner wants to leave on Thursday

Portal, Portal 2 & MDK swapped with Deus Ex block at runner’s availability

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles moved to Wednesday Long Stream AM

Titan Quest moved to Saturday Short Stream at Ariwa’s request

Eye Motion Tracking and Blind Exhibition/Rick Dangerous switched at request

Bionic Commando Rearmed moved as per runner’s availability

Magical Quest 2 moved to Short Stream Friday AM at runner’s request

Some setups have been moved to slightly better positions

All requested estimate changes and donation incentives suggested added.

More open blocks have been added.

Following runs removed at request or drop outs:

Hebereke
Bomberman 64
Deus Ex
Sonic CD
Castle of Illusion HD
Megaman Unlimited
Braid
Another Perspective
Hercules
Spyro 2
Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
Shadow Tower

The following games were added:

Crash Bandicoot 2
God of War 3
Takeshi's Challenge
Goldeneye 007
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Rayman Legends
Pocky and Rocky
Sonic Generations
Fez
Donald Duck: Quack Attack
Ninja Gaiden 3

The following games were added as donation incentives:
Super Mario World - Cloud%
Super Mario 64 - 1 Star
Dear Esther
Final Fantasy III.
Thread title:  
Edit history:
Kotti: 2014-07-13 03:29:02 pm
Pretty happy with the slots of my own games, the games I'll definitely be watching and the schedule in general but there's one bit that it seems you overlooked, the Half-Life 2/Portal overlap on Thursday night. Oh and the Dark Souls 1/2 estimates, not sure what they should be exactly but both are definitely off.
Edit history:
flicky: 2014-07-13 03:31:37 pm
$15 per rant/allegory
Quote from Kotti:
Pretty happy with the slots of my own games, the games I'll definitely be watching and the schedule in general but there's one bit that it seems you overlooked, the Half-Life 2/Portal overlap on Thursday night. Oh and the Dark Souls 1/2 estimates, not sure what they should be exactly but both are definitely off.

Oh wow.

Odds are we'll be swapping Portal runs with Dark Souls 2 as there's not a lot of space for moving Portal around. We'll do some thinking.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from ESA:
Island Peril moved to Short Stream by request.

This was not a request as I said it in the other thread.
Yeah Dark Souls 1/2 estimates are not right. I'm probably to blame for this because I only mentioned it to flicky in passing a few times after the initial schedule. Safe estimate for DS all bosses would be 1:50:00 and for DS2 35 or 40 min.
Edit history:
wakecold: 2014-07-13 04:22:05 pm
disorder
Quote from Kotti:
Half-Life 2/Portal overlap on Thursday night

And I'm running both of them, thats another issue.

edit: Estimate for Half-life 2 can be changed to 2:00:00
Edit history:
Baffan: 2014-07-13 04:00:56 pm
Some "mistakes":

- In the tab "ESA 2014 Schedule" you wrote "Takeshi no Chousenjou" but in the"Long Stream - Detail" tab you wrote "Takeshi's Challenge"
- In the tab "ESA 2014 Schedule" you wrote "God of War 3" but on "Short Stream - Detail" you forgot the "3"
Dog
Spyro 2 didnt have to be dropped. ESGPuppetmaster is equally good at the game as Xer_91 is, i wrote it in the skype group but i guess you didnt notice it
Precursor
The BCR move was ultimately unneeded as it turns out I'll be there before the event begins after all, but that was late change of plans for myself, and I have no complaints about where it is now. I'll make no secret of the fact that I'm still not a great fan of having most my runs in early morning again, but given that the first of those is on the Tuesday and I'll most likely be arriving Saturday I'll have time to adjust for it, and there's a lot of time between my runs so it should be no problem as such, even if I'll still be grumpy when I wake up. Not going to oversleep for any of my runs this time, that's for sure! I hope. Seriously. It would be so bad if I did that. I mean, Alko would make fun of me. And I can't let him have that fun.

Also, the Umihara Kawase run can be noted as Longest Path on the schedule, given that I've been given a full 25 minute slot for it. I have suggested doing a shortest path run as well afterwards as a donation incentive, given that longest path is about 18 minutes and shortest is three.

All in all, I'm liking this schedule! Majora's Mask 100% finale is going to be cool.
The cake is a lie
Quote from ESA:
Fez

You made my day <3
Edit history:
exe: 2014-07-13 05:30:35 pm
exe: 2014-07-13 05:30:20 pm
from PAListan
Which player are set for the possible SM64 1-Star Run/Race? ParadoxKarl and me submitted this categorie on the first Game Submission and Karl also ask for Chrism to join the race.
So which guys should be "ready" for this game? Wink
The Duce
It's good to have early times. That way I need not worry about going to work the next Monday after this event Smiley If this year turn out rather well, I might request early mornings for the next year
Quote from ThaRixer:
Spyro 2 didnt have to be dropped. ESGPuppetmaster is equally good at the game as Xer_91 is, i wrote it in the skype group but i guess you didnt notice it

I remembered someone saying this somewhere, but it was never 'officially' confirmed by the runner (or anyone else for that matter) on the forums. So we had to let that one go.
If ESGPuppetmaster is still up for it I'm sure we can find a spot during the open speedrun slots!
We made a small update to the short stream schedule.
Affected games: Island Peril, Portal, Portal 2.
Precursor
Speaking of that, I've had a lot of people ask me "What's that short stream thing about". The layout of the schedule doesn't make it completely clear. I don't actually think long stream and short stream are the best of names for them, primary and seconday stream would be better, but that's a question for another time. Most of all, it's a bit iffy to read when you want to check what's going on for both. While the final schedule that gets posted to the website probably will be more sensible, this one is a good one to link to people to build hype in advance of the event as the site doesn't exist yet. While optimal would be if the primary and secondary stream lists would be aligned, it would at least be nice if the secondary stream schedule on the first page would line up with the day on the primary stream schedule.
Personal text
Quote from KennyMan666:
While optimal would be if the primary and secondary stream lists would be aligned, it would at least be nice if the secondary stream schedule on the first page would line up with the day on the primary stream schedule.

Yeah we've played around with that, but it's difficult with all the small games. You basically have to make one row represent the length of the shortest game, which would make the schedule huge.
Lining up the start of the streams doesn't make much sense if the rest isn't also lined up.
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2014-07-15 05:14:55 am
Precursor
Yeah, no disagreement about the first point. But I do think it would improve readability somewhat if you'd at least see the days side by side.

I downloaded a local copy of the schedule, I'll experiment with it a little.

Edit: My experimenting is now making the yellow stream take place in the year of 1899. Oh dear.
Edit history:
Trineas: 2014-07-22 06:05:14 pm
Trineas: 2014-07-15 11:56:00 am
プラズマ
Edited.
The yellow stream details have been updated with whoever is responsible for the non-speedrun stuff (like the recaps, talks, tournaments, etc..). Please take a look and let us know if we've made any mistakes.
I want to point out my MK64 skips run is set for 9 am on the second schedule, and CTR is at 7:15 am (2nd of August). It's not impossible to finish CTR and then do MK64 about 45 minutes later, but if there is a delay on the CTR run in some way compared to how it looks now, odds are I can't make both run. So probably either a good idea to look into re-scheduling it slightly now, or some other solution.
Quote from Flippy_o:
I want to point out my MK64 skips run is set for 9 am on the second schedule, and CTR is at 7:15 am (2nd of August). It's not impossible to finish CTR and then do MK64 about 45 minutes later, but if there is a delay on the CTR run in some way compared to how it looks now, odds are I can't make both run. So probably either a good idea to look into re-scheduling it slightly now, or some other solution.

Swapped Crash Team Racing with Uncraft Me!, Asterix & Magical Quest 2: The Great Circus Mystery.

CTR blue -> Yellow @ 7:50
Quote from ESA:
We made a small update to the short stream schedule.
Affected games: Island Peril

Thank you very much! <3
Edit history:
Harima: 2014-07-24 06:23:34 am
Harima: 2014-07-24 06:21:29 am
Harima: 2014-07-24 06:00:44 am
Literally speaking... literally...
I find it quite confusing (and making no sense for me as well) that the "short" stream is on twitch under the "esa" tag, which in my opinion should be used for the long ESA stream. I know that ESA has been streamed under the Ludendi tag since it came to life but somehow wouldn't it make more sense to stream it under its own tag and leave the "second stream" to the ludendi tag?

Otherwise great schedule and the comments on my way down the list (and to the right at the end) made my day!

Edit: One more thing: the times of Lightning Returns FFXIII on the consolidated list and the detailed one for the long stream don't match (3:00:00 vs. 3:15:00) and therefor the times on the detailed list are all 15 mins off after LRFFXIII
Quote from Harima:
I find it quite confusing (and making no sense for me as well) that the "short" stream is on twitch under the "esa" tag, which in my opinion should be used for the long ESA stream. I know that ESA has been streamed under the Ludendi tag since it came to life but somehow wouldn't it make more sense to stream it under its own tag and leave the "second stream" to the ludendi tag?

I think it is because of the sub emotes they got while they were at the DreamHack. It is better to promote the channel with the partnership and sub emotes rather the one where only the name is fitting. ^^
Everything we always done on ludendi has always been streamed at ludendis own channel i think it would feel even weirder for us ludendi members to have it on another channel then what it's always have been.