Smiley
Sad
<- 123 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
At first I was fine with my Portal 2 coop submissions being cut since Xebaz and D4rw1N were going to do it and that indeed did leave me without a coop partner, but upon closer inspection the whole game got cut as it is not on the list of runs that are still in, including the submission done by Xebaz.
I'm really sad that Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters got cut, but I disagree with that.

First of all, Size Matters IS part of original series and not a spin-off at all. Even in Japanese version of the game it is called Rachet & Clank 5. If you don't know there are 5 original game: Rachet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, Ratchet: Gladiator and Rachet & Clank: Size Matters.

Secondly, if you still think this is a spin-off why then Mario Tennis and Crash Team Racing are in? I know that this game isn't very popular but it's great and well made. Popularity doesn't mean that game is bad or good. For example let's take popular Call of Duty series even tho they are popular, nowadays they are poorly made. Developers just make the same thing over and over again reinventing the wheel while other games getting new gameplay parts and much more intresting plots, but not enough popularity just makes people miss such games.

In my final but not last words I can say that I've got some experience with this game now. Not a whole lot, but I keep finding more stuff, which makes it even more entertaining.

In conclusion, I can only add that it's only up to you to decide if the game is gonna be in, but I'll be really happy if you reconsider it. If it's not gonna be in I'm still gonna come because my main goal is to meet with people I really liked since I met them in this speedrunning community.
So that everyone is aware of the current situation, due to some late withdrawals, we will need to add more runs to the marathon. We will be doing this over the next two weeks.
Edit history:
KVD: 2014-04-25 01:38:24 am
KVD: 2014-04-25 01:37:29 am
KVD: 2014-04-25 01:35:58 am
KVD: 2014-04-25 01:35:30 am
KVD: 2014-04-25 01:35:05 am
I'd like to make an inquiry and comment about the GTA V cut. You guys stated that it's too early and not acceptable in it's current state.
Could you give us an indication from which point onwards it would become acceptable?

There is no denying that it is early days and a PC release (triggering a more active community) would probably revolutionize the run quite a bit. Therefore all 3 of us found your decision understandable, even agreeable.

However I would like to underline that the current WR is no push-over already. Though it stands at a whopping 7h54 and there are clearly tons of improvements still possible, it has to be said that the runner has dedicated the past 6 months of his life to this specific speedrunning project. He streams almost daily and considering it's potentially an 8h run everytime, that's a massive amount of input already... Naturally being such a looong run and being a GTA (i.e. fails can really come from unexpected/random places), it will probably never look very polished. In order to reach the point where the run looks somewhat decent, a runner would need to invest quite a lot more than would be the case for the vast majority of other speedrunnable games. You probably already realize this, but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in anyway.

Currently we are still running and targeting sub 8h for our next attempt(s). It's probably a long-shot, but should we keep you guys updated in case sufficient space opens up (even on 2nd stream)? Or is the decision regarding this specific run final in any scenario, considering another argument was that you didn't want to overkill ESA with GTA runs?
Cheers.
So is there no longer a race for sm64? I would like to know since I am quitting the game after esa, and if there's no race i might aswell quit after i just meet my goals.
SM64 120 star will be a 4-man race.
They discussed letting sig just do a run byhimself
Quote from ESA:
So that everyone is aware of the current situation, due to some late withdrawals, we will need to add more runs to the marathon. We will be doing this over the next two weeks.

I've heard rumors that Dishonored and Portal 2 co-op might be pretty awesome runs.
Personal text
Quote from Hampern:

Who is "they"?
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Hampern:

I can assure you that your source of information on that matter is trolling you.

When it comes to ESA and games. Trust only the information given to you by flicky, bangerra and Joka. Noone else. (Ehm, perhaps me though...)
Alright, so thanks for the update had make sure
The Duce
Quote from ESA:

You can add back the Wild Guns run. Me and KennyMan666 will run co-op
Edit history:
Joka: 2014-05-05 07:14:27 am
Joka: 2014-05-05 07:14:10 am
Personal text
We will have a meeting sometime during this week, to possibly add in a few more games (to replace dropouts).
Edit history:
KVD: 2014-05-05 05:42:19 am
KVD: 2014-05-05 05:37:23 am
KVD: 2014-05-05 05:36:55 am
Quote from KVD:
Currently we are still running and targeting sub 8h for our next attempt(s). It's probably a long-shot, but should we keep you guys updated in case sufficient space opens up (even on 2nd stream)? Or is the decision regarding this specific run final in any scenario, considering another argument was that you didn't want to overkill ESA with GTA runs?
Cheers.

To follow up on this post, Patrick & me performed a new co-op PR last weekend. Our new run stands at 8 hours and 6 minutes (~15 mins cut). The run is currently undergoing some revolutionizing changes. One of the main developments is that you can use a plane for 2 more missions, including a long travelling one. It's quite risky, as you have to land and take-off the plane in urban areas multiple times (kinda like the Dodo stuff in GTA 3, except GTA V planes are much easier to control of course). With these new developments the potential for this run has dropped to roughly 7 hours 20 minutes.
Shoutouts to M_tt for finding those plane strats while on teamspeak with me :D, is pretty freaking nice! Cheesy
Thanks, J4sp3rr.

If anyone's curious, here's the plane strats that KVD and Jasper mentioned: http://www.twitch.tv/m_tt/c/4178231
I love speedruns!
Wait, in this set i didn't make my Resident Evil 3 run, but i am in the marathon :/
Edit history:
ESA: 2014-05-06 02:14:49 pm
Alrighty, after some more discussion the following games, have been placed back in the marathon. If any of you are no longer running these titles, please let us know!

Portal 2 - Co-op -Darwin & Xebaz
Metroid Fusion - Any% - DragonFang & Chauzu
Half Life Ep. 1 - Any% - one of you guys
Megaman X3 - Low% - Irregular Jinny
Megaman Network Transmission - Good Ending - Crippe
Dark Souls - All Bosses - Noobest
Mario Kart 64 - Skips - Flippy_O
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses - Any% - Gcah
Spiderman 2 - Any% - CriminallyVulgar
Phantom Hourglass - Any% - Greenalink

The document has been updated to reflect these changes. Please let those people involved know if you know them!
New Speedrunner 2013
its hype the shit out me :3 <3 cant wait
Infinite Combo
Thanks for giving my game a second chance.
Is it possible to make a donation incentive out of it?
Between Low%  and Low% Buster Only.
The Estimate is the same so there would be no change in the schedule.

If not that is fine.

(Game is played on SFC CART, NTSC-J)
The cake is a lie
Quote from IrregularJinny:

If not that is fine.

I think incentives will be managed in a future topic Smiley
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from Gyoo:
Quote from IrregularJinny:

If not that is fine.

I think incentives will be managed in a future topic Smiley

They will, but I think the question is still valid Wink
Regarding the addition of Metroid Fusion, is that planned to be a race of some kind, or are you just not sure who will be running the game? It might change how I decide to practice the category, but not too much :P.
Personal text
Donation incentives will be handled in a future, separate topic.

The same goes for sorting out games with many potential runners.
I appreciate you reconsidered my game besides a little bit of an angry reply :P. I'm currently a bit busy with end of school year, so I don't expect to do any attempts for 1½ week. But will do a lot of praciticing in June, and do nothing but MK64 skips all of July up until ESA. Again, thanks, and see you there.