--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Svenne: 2014-06-27 09:07:50 am
Smörgåsbord
You know what to do! If you have some people you want to have commentating your run etc. write it here. If you want to offer commentary to a run you can write it here aswell. If you want to do your own commentary and have an empty couch, you should state that aswell! thumbsup
Thread title:  
Smörgåsbord
Super Mario Bros. 2 - I want Greenalink and Dxtr as my commentators. Greenalink pretty much knows the different versions of the game and have alot of insight in that kind of stuff. Dxtr knows the speedrunning strats etc!
Edit history:
Gyoo: 2014-06-27 11:23:48 am
The cake is a lie
Leaf Me Alone - I will do my own commentary.

LeFrozer should confirm that I will couchcast his Phantasy Star Online run.
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2014-06-27 09:12:21 am
Precursor
Is this also the thread where you ask if you can be a commentator during someone else's game?

Anyway, Greenalink is welcome to the couch for Bionic Commando Rearmed if he wants to. Other than that, I don't really think people know a lot about the game sI run, so my couch is pretty open.

vvv Alright. Then, if the runners allow, I'm ready to commentate on Hebereke and Little Samson as I run those games myself. Wouldn't mind joining the couch for Super Metroid, Bubble Ghost and Kirby's Dream Land too.
Smörgåsbord
Quote from KennyMan666:
Is this also the thread where you ask if you can be a commentator during someone else's game?.

Yes!
There is no light to save you
Golden Sun -  If someone wants to help commentate on it that would be really nice, the more the better, but you should atleast know a bit of the game and its tricks^^ Smiley
And if someone wants me for their couch I'll gladly help out^^
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Just going to point out that an empty couch is not going to be an option, but you can ask for specific people to stay away from said couch Wink

On that note:
Goof Troop: Son Max and I will do most of the talking and any spaces we leave should probably be used up by the donation reader, so open couch for interested viewers, I guess? Wink

Duo Princess: I think I'll let Kenny do the talking for this one. I think I'm fine with everybody; people who've played the game or have played Threads of Fate are probably preferred Wink
Quote from Gyoo:
LeFrozer should confirm that I will couchcast his Phantasy Star Online run.

Can confirm. I may gonna explain some more "tricks" it's kinda layout-specfic.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Is it possible to have someone via Skype call for the commentating?
Because I only know one person who knows my game and has commented already on my run (on another marathon), but he can't attend ESA (no money/time, but next year maybe).

If someone, who is attending ESA, knows about this game or has knowledge about the FPS genre in DOS games or the early build engine he is welcome on the couch since I'm not really the guy who can commentate everything what happens on the screen.
Me and Spiriax probably won't say very much when racing Battle Kid. If someone who knows the game wants to commentate just tell me.
I'll commentate my own run of Nazo no Murasame Jou. I'm happy with having interested people sitting on the couch giving feedback and asking questions, though.
Edit history:
Joka: 2014-07-01 05:49:00 am
Personal text
I think I'm mostly gonna wing it like last year Smiley
I'll be on the couch for all mega mans, nuduas and primals runs at least. And The Lion King (NES)
Svenne, may I ask you to include a link to the schedule draft (or whichever one's more accurate Wink ) in the first post, so people with cheesy brains like me can remember which runs are happening? Wink

That said, I'm applying to sit on the couch for any of these runs providing the runners are fine with it:
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario World
Mariokart64
Arkham City
Beer, the Last Eichhof
Great Giana Sisters
Zelda Wand of Gamelon
Asterix NES
Donkey Kong Country 2
Mario Tennis

(This list is ordered by my preference, taking into consideration my knowledge of the game and how many other knowledgeable people I assume will apply)
Edit history:
BaalNocturno: 2014-06-28 08:27:40 am
There is no light to save you
Quote from icedpingu:
Is it possible to have someone via Skype call for the commentating?
Because I only know one person who knows my game and has commented already on my run (on another marathon), but he can't attend ESA (no money/time, but next year maybe).

Yeah really thats a good question, if that would be possible it would be nice to get Tl_Plexa or Werster on a call (because those are the only guys who really know the game xD )

Btw I also want to apply to sit on the couch on some games if thats fine with the runners:
Bomberman64
Metroid Fusion
Jak 3
Metal Gear Solid
Kingdom Hearts 2
Edit history:
bangerra: 2014-06-28 02:43:32 pm
Quote from Alko:
That said, I'm applying to sit on the couch for any of these runs providing the runners are fine with it:
Lion King NES
Lion King NES
Lion King NES
Lion King NES
Lion King NES
Lion King NES
Lion King NES
Lion King NES
Lion King NES
Lion King NES

I fixed your post
DX, DXHR, MGR, TRA, GTA SA
Deus Ex Human Revolution and Invisible war

I will do my own commentary, so everyone who wants to sit on the couch can do it. Smiley
If someone wants to have a place on it saved, tell me Tongue
FrankerZ
Tomb Raider 2013

Eidgod should be there, as well as maybe Tdawg
For the Bastion race:
Incalex has asked that I do most of the commentary, any couch commentary is welcome assuming they know the game

Games I can offer commentary for (in order of how knowledgeable I am):
Final Fantasy VII
Binding of Isaac
Super Mario World
Final Fantasy IV
Saints Row: The Third

Let me know if you want me on the couch (else I'll assume you don't want me there)
Hockey enthusiast
We're going to try out to have commentary through Skype/Mumble.

Not for every run, but if there's someone that belongs to the community and can bring that extra flavor to your run. Feel free to suggest them.
Edit history:
curseddolls: 2014-06-29 08:47:59 am
curseddolls: 2014-06-29 08:47:48 am
I know I don't know much of speedrunning most of the games that is going to be there
but for my own point of view I usually like to ask questions about the game when it's a game
that is interesting. And for me it can sometimes be just as good to have a "nawb"
next to you just as it would be with someone that knows everything since the one that
does know everything may take it for granted and not ask when special moves etc.

Anyhow my point was.
If you want someone with you that still maybe don't know 100% of your run
but can still make some good questions about whats happening on the stream.
Don't hesitate to ask me to join in. Would love to sit next to you
and  learn from your games as well. Smiley

- cursed
Edit history:
j4sp3rr: 2014-06-30 08:05:53 am
j4sp3rr: 2014-06-30 08:05:43 am
i'd be happy to help commentate f-zero X if WMJ is fine with that.

furthermore:
GTA: 3
GTA: VC
GTA: SA

if anyone else really wants people on the couch, hit me up and i'll research your game i guess Tongue
www.twitch.tv/amvx
Anyone is welcome to sit in on Grim Fandango - I'll be running my commentary, but other comments to rebound off won't go astray. LotsOfS has expressed interest in a spot, so I'll count him. Svenne, if you're interested, let it be known if you are keen.

Quote from JustShanz:
Tomb Raider 2013

Eidgod should be there, as well as maybe Tdawg

Any chance I can poke my head in on this one?

Quote from Heinki:
Deus Ex Human Revolution and Invisible war

I will do my own commentary, so everyone who wants to sit on the couch can do it. Smiley
If someone wants to have a place on it saved, tell me Tongue

Again, may I get a spot on that couch for yours?

Other games I have knowledge in:
Batman: Arkham City (Hint, hint: Robo)
Hitman: Blood Money (I'll leave it up to Kotti)
Super Mario Sunshine (but there are plenty more people better at it than me, and already a lot involved)
Two cookies and a cheeto
I would love to be on the couch for anything basically, But Im gonna post here just to be a volunteer for people in case someone needs it. Smiley Im speedrunner myself and I'm very familiar with Pinocchio, DKC series, Mario Sunshine, IMP,  Super Star Wars games and many others, been at most GDQ Smiley
Quote from bangerra:
Quote from Alko:
Lion King NES
Lion King NES
Lion King NES
Lion King NES
Lion King NES
Lion King NES
Lion King NES
Lion King NES
Lion King NES
Lion King NES

I fixed your post

Only if I'm allowed to wear Robo's AGDQ shades x3
Hitman - I should have this covered.
Tunnel Rats - Fans of Uwe Boll can join in.
Guardian of Light - Me and Ariwa probably have this covered pretty well but at least Greenalink, S. and JustShanz are welcome to join in.
Titan Quest - Anyone familiar with the game or even the genre could be there asking stupid questions that we'd otherwise overlook. No knowledge of the run required, in fact the less the better.

I can commentate Dark Souls 1+2, EYE, Max Payne 2 and maybe Portal 2 and Wand of Gamelon.