<- 1234
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
KVD: 2013-07-03 05:07:04 am
Haha coincidentally I also found that this morning.

Also the schedule says UCT+2. Is that the local timezone?
In the Netherlands we are at UCT+1, I thought it was the same in Sweden lol. But maybe I'm confused because of the summer time thing.
Edit history:
WMJ: 2013-07-03 09:28:29 am
The Netherlands is also UTC+2 with the summertime.

Really great job with the website! I did notice one thing that I think was good before but now doesn't work anymore. The links to the runners pages don't seem to be correct. I clicked on Abadox and then on Wery and to my surprise it went to WMJ, my own page! Then I went to F-Zero X and clicked on WMJ and it just failed to load at all.
Thanks for the debug reports. We'll try to fix them soon
Hockey enthusiast
iMysty: The PDF-schedule is made by Aavock, the same awesome guy who does all the overlays. I'll ask him for an updated version in a couple of days. Since Portal has been dropped aswell, there migth be more changes since there are still 15 persons who have to pay.

WMJ: UTC+2 is the local timezone. I usually say GMT+1. And it's all so confusing :S

I've corrected a few typos now. And updated a few pictures for runners. Screenshot are still in progress!
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Only that GMT does not include daylight saving either, so we would be in GMT+2 as well. It's better to say UTC than GMT imho. Or maybe 'Iceland time + 2 hours'?
Name: Patrick Wessels
Nickname: Meridian ( MeridianPrime, Scooter ), Tournament Legend
Twitch : www.twitch.tv/meridianprime or www.twitch.tv/nlg_organisation
Interests: Video Games, Cycling, Traveling, Movies, Programming
Favorite games : GoldenEye (MP), League of Legends, MMORPG in general, Dr. Mario

Bio: Started to play NES at age 6 at my uncle's birthday and got my own NES at age 7 where I really started out to be a gamer. First game was Casltevania and still own that first cartridge. Took me 3 months to complete it and now finish it without a hit. Since buying games are expensive.. especially when I finish them in like a few weeks, my dad looked up a videogame store where games can be rented. Around age 10 I started to rent almost every game imaginable (no barbie though) and wrote down every game I completed.
Due to the developement I managed overtime I attended the first National Nintendo Competition in The Netherlands. At age 12 I was the youngest player to achieve the 2nd day (the final 64 players to enter the knockout system). After some crazy rounds I ended up in the Semi Finals and became 4th. A year later I managed to collect the first place price. Since this day I have been attending Championships/tournaments all over the globe. This is where I got the name "Tournament Legend"
Later on I stopped console gaming and stepped to PC gaming. In 2007 friends contacted me about an uprising event in Norway (NLG) and decided to blow away the dust of my Nintendo's. Picked it up again and became much stronger. Joined up the NLG team and now trying to get it up and running for a broader audience.

Pic : https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/166_8124082714_1747_n.jpg
Quote from Alko:
Only that GMT does not include daylight saving either, so we would be in GMT+2 as well. It's better to say UTC than GMT imho. Or maybe 'Iceland time + 2 hours'?

Every timezone has its own tiemzone abbreviation UTC, GMT, CET etc, etc, etc...
If anyone is ever concerned about timezones than the first thing they should learn is their own zone and GMT. GMT is worldwide known as the standard 0-line time.
In this case we're dealing with people across multiple zones so GMT should be the only timezone mentioned/use in any form of chart.
Because so far everyone is asking what time it is they are playing, this would not occure if we use GMT, since everyone is obligated to know their own and GMT (and the correlation between them)

Than again... this is merely imho
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from Alko:

There is also the CET (UTC+1) and CEST (UTC+2).
But to be honest most of us have the same time zone (except for those in the UK), so it really doesn't matter how it is called.
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
Really sorry for the delay guys.  Picture incoming.

Name: Ian Green
Twitch: robo_sparkle
Youtube: Robosparkle

Ian got into gaming from an early age playing his mum's Acorn, particular favourites being Repton and Jack Attack.  Since then he's had a console from every generation and enjoyed a true golden age of gaming lost to some younger games.  History includes the Amiga, Master System, Game Gear, Mega Drive, Playstation, PS2, Xbox and all Nintendo handhelds up to DS. 

He first got into speedrunning a few years ago initially planning to route and run Spyro 2, but now is best known for being the #1 (out of 1) speedrunner of the 100% Story mode category of Batman: Arkham City.  He hasn't forgotten his retro roots though and also runs games such as Dragon Crystal, Great Giana Sisters and the James Pond Series (basically any game where he can have the WR because nobody else runs it) and although he's not to the standards of the WR holders is still a huge fan of the 2d Sonic games.
Edit history:
S.: 2013-07-04 08:42:18 am
Quote from Alko:

I have stopped referring to timezones by their names alltogether. Daylights Savings Time fucks the shit over anyway.

I just refer to a timezone as "whatever Sweden uses"
Quote from Meridian:
Quote from Alko:

Every timezone has its own tiemzone abbreviation UTC, GMT, CET etc, etc, etc...

Every timezone that goes through inhabited land has at least two abbreviations, except maybe one that only touches Greenland. CET is also known as WAT (West African time), for example.

Quote:
If anyone is ever concerned about timezones than the first thing they should learn is their own zone and GMT. GMT is worldwide known as the standard 0-line time.
In this case we're dealing with people across multiple zones so GMT should be the only timezone mentioned/use in any form of chart.
Because so far everyone is asking what time it is they are playing, this would not occure if we use GMT, since everyone is obligated to know their own and GMT (and the correlation between them)

Common misconception. Since the seventies, UTC and not GMT is the standard 0-timezone. Yes, they are formally identical, but timezones are nowadays usually referenced as UTC+x or UTC-y.
Also, I very strongly believe in using an events local time, but also mentioning what the difference from local time to UTC is (what we have done here; UTC+2). AGDQ, SGDQ and C4L did it that way, as well. Even more ideally, we would use the little applet, that automatically converts the schedule to the user's computer's time zone.

Quote from icedpingu:
But to be honest most of us have the same time zone (except for those in the UK), so it really doesn't matter how it is called.

And Finland!
Edit history:
Joka: 2013-07-05 02:31:11 am
Joka: 2013-07-05 01:42:23 am
Personal text
Stuff that could be improved on the website (my own opinions! I'm trying to be constructive here!):

* There's no link anywhere to the actual stream?
* Navigating back and fourth is a little difficult. No way of getting back to the front page when on a game/runner page. Hitting "back" in the browser will take you off the site, for instance Sad
* Not possible to link directly to a runners page or a game page (not any easy way anyway).
* Schedule is a bit small, but I guess downloading the PDF is a valid option.

Smiley <3

PS. The website is awesome and big thanks to you for doing this! Also sorry if I pointed something out that you are already working on.
$15 per rant/allegory
Twitch: flickyish
twitter: flickyish

For the sake of completion. Can't have a cat representing me so have a decent photo.
Magical. Flying. Bathtub
Photo!

I'm the one that's not Cyprys, DRSynj or Nev (i.e. 2nd from the right).  More modern photos of me exist, but none in such excellent company Wink

Attachment:
Some criticism on the site:

- The games page looks nice but is not practical. I doubt anyone's interested in going through 17 pages of thumbnails rather than having a look at a simple list in which they can use Ctrl+F to check if their favorite games are in there. Also, the "All" button doesn't do anything.
- The schedule isn't practical either. The one on the site is simply too small and again, Ctrl+F is not an option. The timezone adjusted one is handy but not visually pleasing. Whenever I've had to check something from the schedule over the past weeks, I've looked up the original Google doc as it's by far the easiest to read. I also think the schedule should have links the the runners' Twitch channels, this is something that already came up during AGDQ.
- Twitter/Facebook/Youtube links take you to said pages rather than opening a new tab.
- Jokaah's post implies that there is a link to the actual stream somewhere in there but I sure can't find it.
Last issue: The link to the actual stream won't be added until it starts. In fact, I believe I remembered someone talking about embedding the stream rather than linking to it.
There's no reason not to have a link on the site already so people can go follow the channel and spread the word using the stream link.
Quote from Kotti:
Some criticism on the site:

- The games page looks nice but is not practical. I doubt anyone's interested in going through 17 pages of thumbnails rather than having a look at a simple list in which they can use Ctrl+F to check if their favorite games are in there. Also, the "All" button doesn't do anything.
- The schedule isn't practical either. The one on the site is simply too small and again, Ctrl+F is not an option. The timezone adjusted one is handy but not visually pleasing. Whenever I've had to check something from the schedule over the past weeks, I've looked up the original Google doc as it's by far the easiest to read. I also think the schedule should have links the the runners' Twitch channels, this is something that already came up during AGDQ.
- Twitter/Facebook/Youtube links take you to said pages rather than opening a new tab.
- Jokaah's post implies that there is a link to the actual stream somewhere in there but I sure can't find it.

I gotta agree with all of this. But there is just one person working on it really. It's great for what it is and we'll just have to wait and see how many improvements that can be implemented in time for ESA.

At least now we have something to stand on for future marathons and I'm sure we've all learned a thing or two already about planning that we didn't before. So, I'm happy with what we currently have and I see any updates being made as a bonus. 
Quote from Kotti:
The timezone adjusted one is handy but not visually pleasing.

Sorry about that, but I can't fix it (I'm on an interrail trip with some friends and won't have access to a PC until I'm back - which is after ESA. I will still watch some runs though ;]). I posted a link to the source code download in the schedule thread, so if anyone wants to improve it, go ahead. It's mostly CSS.
Or I could go to Skövde at 3 pm, update it there before the marathon starts, watch some runs and go back some hours later. It would work on my end because I'll be close-ish on the 15th. Don't know whether it's fine with the marathon operators.
Of course it's fine with us!

Come by and say hi to everyone Smiley
Can I suggest featuring the dates more prominently? I looked at the site because I had no idea when the event was, and afterwards I still had no idea when the event was. The only place it's written down is on the schedule and it's so tiny I couldn't read it until I came back today and zoomed way in.
We both like money! Friends?
Why is there no link to the stream as soon as you open the web page? I had to work a little to find it.