Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
DRsynj: 2013-06-24 02:03:00 am
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
Name: Dylan Rothwell
Nationality: English
Twitch: DRsynj
Twitter: @Roatse
Interests: Fighting games, heavy music and vegetarian cooking!
Pets: 1 Cat; Malcolm

When's marvel

Hockey enthusiast
Keep the updates coming guys! If you can, try to avoid webcam / blurry pictures.

There won't be any visible updates on the website for a couple of days. But rest assure updates and tweeks are being made. You won't be disappointed!
Personal text
Quote from Joka:
The first i heard about speedrunning was about 10 years ago when some friends showed me a clip of someone beating Mega Man 2, which I love, in 23 minutes (didn't realize it was a TAS back then). I then tried to time myself and see how fast I could beat it. I think I got something like 45 minutes (PAL version).. with strats that included intentional deaths.

Then a few years ago, a friend linked me to Speed Demos Archive and I saw Seth's runs which got me playing again, but only Mega Man 2. I then found some SGDQ videos on YouTube by accident and thought that was really cool. I ended up watching AGDQ 2012 live and after that I started to watch a few runners on Twitch (mostly duckfist :)). When I saw how they trained and how they improved, that's when I really got into it!

Copied from the "introduce yourself"-thread.. beacuse I'm lazy and at work Tongue
Edited my previous post, added an actual bio.
Good job, the website is great ! I noticed 2 things to improve (if possible of course) : fill in the meta description to have a better description in google & co / the arrow to go back is not explenatory and if you're on the runners page, it goes to game's page anyway.

here is my profil, bio and picture may come later

Nick: A-M
Name: Adrien Monpeyssen
Nationality/hometown: Paris, France
Twitch: twitch.tv/DieYouEvilDruaga
Twitter: @EvilDruaga
Interesets: Superplaying
Edit history:
Partystar: 2013-07-03 02:21:09 pm
Partystar: 2013-07-03 02:09:45 pm
Partystar: 2013-07-03 02:08:23 pm
Partystar: 2013-07-03 02:07:10 pm
Partystar: 2013-07-03 02:04:46 pm
Partystar: 2013-07-03 01:57:59 pm
Partystar: 2013-07-03 01:54:51 pm
Partystar: 2013-07-03 01:54:05 pm
Partystar: 2013-07-03 01:50:42 pm
Partystar: 2013-07-03 01:48:56 pm
Partystar: 2013-07-03 01:47:17 pm
Partystar: 2013-07-03 01:45:23 pm
Partystar: 2013-07-03 01:43:12 pm
Partystar: 2013-07-03 01:41:03 pm
Partystar: 2013-07-03 01:39:47 pm
Partystar: 2013-07-03 01:38:08 pm
Partystar: 2013-07-03 01:36:55 pm
Partystar: 2013-07-03 01:35:39 pm
Partystar: 2013-07-02 03:53:37 pm
Partystar: 2013-06-24 09:00:49 am
Partystar: 2013-06-24 05:56:18 am
Name: Piet den Dulk
Nick: Partystar (a.k.a. Pierro)
Location/ nationality: Heerenveen, Netherlands
Twitch: I don't stream (but plan to do in the future, my useraccount is: denderend)
interests: Video games, movies, science, going out/ partying, game collecting

Prior to running  Donkey Kong Country Returns (DKCR), I only played the time trial mode of Mario Kart Double Dash (MKDD) occasionally.  I had lost interest in gaming for more than 10 years. Once in a while I went to meet a few other Mario Kart players. I joined NLG 11 which was held in the Netherlands. I did not practiced but friends from the Mario Kart meets were there as well. I really liked the event.

When I received an invitation for NLG 12 in Norway I decided to go, because I liked the people I'd met at NLG 11. NLG shifted from a tournament to a showcase with a live stream. However, I had no game to show off. Even with MKDD I didn't felt I was able to make something impressive out of it.  The competition in Mario Kart games is extremely strong and I didn't really maintained it either. However, I did played Donkey Kong Country Returns when it came out and had beaten all time attacks with a gold medal and some shiny golds. I asked the NLG organizers whether that was good enough and they suggested an any% run of the game. I liked the idea and started right away.  Back in the 90's I used to develop my own strategies for  games and for me that is half the fun. So I used that idea to develop my own speedrun for DKCR. My final run for NLG was pretty nice, given the fact that I did everything myself. The whole streaming thing got my attention and motivated me to play games competitively again. After NLG 12, I did not played DKCR anymore for half a year, but my hands were itching all the time. It wasn't until AGDQ13, that I started working on my speedrun again.

Hockey enthusiast
Quote from A-M:
Good job, the website is great ! I noticed 2 things to improve (if possible of course) : fill in the meta description to have a better description in google & co / the arrow to go back is not explenatory and if you're on the runners page, it goes to game's page anyway.

Thanks for the feedback! The arrow is going to be adjusted.
I had not thought about the meta-data. Nice catch!
Edit history:
AdamAK: 2013-07-10 12:26:40 pm
Totally rad
Name: Adam A. Kuczynski
Nationality: Polish/Dutch
Twitch: twitch.tv/adam_ak
Twitter: AdamKuczynski
Interests: Economics, Music, Going Fast

Adam has, as many others, come into contact with speedrunning via Morimoto's SMB3 TAS. After casually working on various speedrunning projects (such as SSBM "break the targets" ILs and Metroid: Zero Mission) over the years, he eventually decided to sign up at SDA and started taking the hobby a bit more seriously. Since then, he's mastered Sonic 1 (Master System), Sonic Chaos, Batman Returns (Master System), Left 4 Dead, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and many other titles.
Short bio:

Name: Dave Janssens
Nationally/hometown: Mechelen, Belgium
Twitch: twitch.tv/bangerra
Interests: Playing horrible games on sunday, #blind races!

Bangerra started speedgaming at an early age, mainly playing N64 racing games and Kirby's Dream Land (his favourite game of all time). One day while searching for times to compare with his runs he stumbled upon SDA, which further introduced him to SRL. He is an active SRL community member and one of the #blind ops. #blind is an awesome channel where people speedrun games they never played, or never even heard of. On Sundae Fundae, together with a select few fools, he races bottom of the barrel games like Strawberry Shortcake and My Little Pony! When not playing horrible games, bangerra loves to speedrun Disney games such as DuckTales, Lion King, Chip 'N Dale and many others!
He's also not afraid of taking a dive into history and whip out his Commodore 64 and Odyssey², showing his love for the bleeps and the bloops.

pic:
http://i.imgur.com/DTVqa1t.jpg
Hockey enthusiast
If you want to help out. Go ahead and look at this document. Every single picture helps.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApEWxszNBGpHdFA3X2p5Tk1jUGxXcEpna1RjODNrMmc#gid=0
Edit history:
Joka: 2013-06-25 03:13:24 am
Personal text
What are you gonna use the pictures for?
Edit history:
Edenal: 2013-06-25 02:51:51 am
Hockey enthusiast
Screenshot-pictures are going to be show in the "internal" game pages. Instead of the title screen.

The current design does not allow linking from "internal" game pages to "internal" runner pages and vice versa. This has also been fixed in the redesign.
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2013-06-25 03:12:42 am
KennyMan666: 2013-06-25 03:06:57 am
Precursor
You know what just use this picture of me. It's not new but it gets the point (?) across.

Also, any plans on having short blurbs about the games on the game pages, like was done for this for AGDQ?
Edit history:
Edenal: 2013-06-25 03:27:45 am
Edenal: 2013-06-25 03:22:46 am
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from KennyMan666:
Text

Awesome picture!

I had no idea such page existed on teamLiquid. But yes, we can feature such text blurbs for our games. If there is enough interest and a someone takes responsibility to get the task done by the end of this week. At least added the column in the GoogleDoc, let's see who signs up for doing that!
Edit: Added myself to do a couple, but I won't start until there are more people signing up.
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2013-06-25 03:45:17 am
KennyMan666: 2013-06-25 03:44:10 am
Precursor
I'll write about my games, of course: Bionic Commando Rearmed, Ufouria, Little Samson, Wild Guns, Scott Pilgrim. There's a bunch of others I could write for, but I'll wait a day or three to claim those to see if the runners want to write about their own games first.

Edit: Oh yeah I can add myself to those on the spreadsheet. Derp. Done and done.
Hockey enthusiast
Grab the screenshot aswell! Don't be lazy! Wink
Precursor
Oh. Yeah. I was actually planning on doing that.
Smörgåsbord
I made one for Zelda 2 so far, will try making more for other games aswell!
Quote from Edenal:
If you want to help out. Go ahead and look at this document. Every single picture helps.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApEWxszNBGpHdFA3X2p5Tk1jUGxXcEpna1RjODNrMmc#gid=0

I've done 5 games already and have picked out 4 other that I plan to do tomorrow.

Quote from Edenal:
Quote from KennyMan666:
Text

Awesome picture!

I had no idea such page existed on teamLiquid. But yes, we can feature such text blurbs for our games. If there is enough interest and a someone takes responsibility to get the task done by the end of this week. At least added the column in the GoogleDoc, let's see who signs up for doing that!
Edit: Added myself to do a couple, but I won't start until there are more people signing up.

I've put myself on some of the "text blurbs" but I don't know how you want that. Plain text in the column?
Smörgåsbord
If you want to have you picture on the webpage, please post it before 1 of july.
Precursor
While it's not a big deal since it will just be there for another four days, I feel compelled to point out that "relaunch" is one word.

Also gonna write some things soon™.
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from KennyMan666:
While it's not a big deal since it will just be there for another four days.

Well, the site will relaunch in four days. The images and updates won't find their way to the site automagically Roll Eyes
Precursor
I meant the placeholder image that's there now, saying the site will relaunch on July 1st - it has "re launch". It should be one word. :V
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from KennyMan666:
I meant the placeholder image that's there now, saying the site will relaunch on July 1st - it has "re launch". It should be one word. :V

I know Wink But I was talking about the other images.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from Edenal:
To make it even better we would like pictures of runners (and attendees!!!).

Well, if you say so Tongue

Name: Viktor Pomper
Hometown: Salzburg, Austria (living in Vienna right now)
Twitch: twitch.tv/icedpingu
Twitter: twitter.com/icedpingu
Interests: video games (mostly FPS), speed running, eSports and bass guitar
Pic: http://i.imgur.com/5aTRa4e.jpg

Bio:
The one and only pingu started his video game history with the NES and a Gameboy. After he got a PC he moved on the FPS genre. Later he started in the teenage years with CounterStrike 1.5 and Q3, but moved on to RTCW and Call of Duty/Medal of Honor, because he liked the WWII setting a lot. In this time he played competitive Enemy Territory in the German Bundesliga. After a few years he quit and concentrated on school again. In this time he became a fan of the Battlefield series and he still thinks Bad Company 2 has a better Destruction 2.0 Physics than the Battlefield 3, which was overall a huge disappointment for him.
In 2011 icedpingu discovered the AGDQ/SGDQ and became a fan of speed running in general. Since then he is trying to watch every marathon on twitch and he is really excited for attending ESA this year.