Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Speed is all that matters.
Quote from A-M:
Please remove my N64 and my DK 64 from the list, thanks

Done.

Quote from ozzy88:
Quote from Rueake:
I mentioned this in an earlier post so I apologise for posting again but just wanted to try and get it out there again.
Is there anyone who would be able and willing to bring an original PAL Xbox?
The issue for me bringing mine is that I'm on a RyanAir flight so I have fairly limited space (my own fault I know)

Actually I have one laying around...

I'm not sure I can bring it tho. It's kinda bulky :/

Alright, if there is nobody else that could bring it, I'll bring it. PM me a week before ESA as a reminder for me to bring it or else I might forget.

Quote from KennyMan666:
I, uh, have a PAL Xbox that I got for free once. It's untested but should be in perfectly working condition. It does not have an original controller and I don't have a power cable for it. So if you can bring those things, I guess I can bring the machine and A/V cable, since I'm coming by car. Wouldn't take a lot of space.

Quote from Edenal:
Quote from Rueake:
I mentioned this in an earlier post so I apologise for posting again but just wanted to try and get it out there again.
Is there anyone who would be able and willing to bring an original PAL Xbox?
The issue for me bringing mine is that I'm on a RyanAir flight so I have fairly limited space (my own fault I know)

I'll bring mine if necessary. It's been collecting dust since Ninja Gaiden 1.

Which of these should I add then?
Hockey enthusiast
Add Ozzys for now.

I don't remember if the original Xbox uses a standard of proprietary power supply. Perhaps Ozzy can drop of the Xbox with Kennyman since they are both going from Gothenburg?
Precursor
We do have a practice get-together at my place planned (more details on that soon-ish), but rather than Ozzy leaving his here for me to bring when I drive, I might as well bring the one I already have here, as long as someone else brings a power cable and controller.

I guess Ozzy could drop those off at my place so I can bring the whole thing.

Looking at the back of the thing, it seems to have the same power cable contact as the PS2, which I'm pretty sure is a standard power cable, actually.
Edit history:
ozzy88: 2013-06-18 03:04:19 am
Quote from KennyMan666:
We do have a practice get-together at my place planned (more details on that soon-ish), but rather than Ozzy leaving his here for me to bring when I drive, I might as well bring the one I already have here, as long as someone else brings a power cable and controller.

Looking at the back of the thing, it seems to have the same power cable contact as the PS2, which I'm pretty sure is a standard power cable, actually.

Let me know if you have all the stuff needed, whatever is missing, I can bring to you during the get-together. Going to test if all my stuff works. Let me know if you need me to bring a controller.

EDIT:

I'm a derp! Will bring controller.
Personal text
I'm going to also bring my japanese Little Nemo cart and my PowerPak.

I'll also try to bring my own NES (NTSC) if I can fit it, but probably not :S
I will at least bring a few controllers.
Quote from ozzy88:
Quote from KennyMan666:

Let me know if you have all the stuff needed, whatever is missing, I can bring to you during the get-together. Going to test if all my stuff works. Let me know if you need me to bring a controller.

EDIT:

I'm a derp! Will bring controller.

Thanks for the help massively appreciated.
I'll probably be bringing my controller anyway, because I'm not dealing with the mammoth sized controllers. As for the power plug I can bring mine but its UK so I'll need a step-down
Audio-guy. twitchtv:ohgoddamnit
You just need a travel adapter for your UK plug, we're all 220-240.
And we will hook you up anyway, no worries!
Hockey enthusiast
I've said this on Skype / IRC / PM a couple of times, but I feel like I should make it crystal clear.

Unlike *GDQ, we will not record your runs, encode and upload in high quality. We don't have the man power nor equipment to handle that. If you want to record your run, you will have to hook up the console to a DVD-recorder / Capture device yourself.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Quote from Edenal:
I've said this on Skype / IRC / PM a couple of times, but I feel like I should make it crystal clear.

Unlike *GDQ, we will not record your runs, encode and upload in high quality. We don't have the man power nor equipment to handle that. If you want to record your run, you will have to hook up the console to a DVD-recorder / Capture device yourself.

Of which I assume there will be enough on-site, including people who know exactly how they work?
I think we could make it a low priority during the setup-day to try and record SDA-acceptable vids (using whatever is around and reasonable) for those who want that and are there that day, so they know how to set that up when they play their game?

If they want to keep the run they should bring their own recording material like DVD's or USB-storage devices.

Just a thought.
Whatever you did to split game audio last year, that needs to be done again.
Quote from MrLonghair:

Either Niss3 or Edenal should know how that will be dealt with this time.
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from MrLonghair:

RCA plugs from all consoles. (No console should run on HDMI, only component)
3.5mm to RCA from PC.

Simple.
Quote from Edenal:
Quote from MrLonghair:

RCA plugs from all consoles. (No console should run on HDMI, only component)
3.5mm to RCA from PC.

Simple.

Aha. I'll toss in a ground-loop eliminator with the equipment I'm bringing in then.

(When PS4/Xbox One running becomes active reality I'll set everybody up with what they need to do for streaming/capping)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) rolmander ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quote from Edenal:

Since I'm taking my own laptop with me, I would also take this little thing to ESA: http://gamerzone.avermedia.com//products/live_gamer_series/live_gamer_portable
The only disadvantage is that it only can record games from PS3, XBOX360 and the Wii. Older consoles with the Scart or video-chinch input are not supported by the device.
I hope I can get a small external HDD for the recording, altough I have 300GB free space on the laptop, but I want get sure that I don't run out of space Smiley
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from icedpingu:
Quote from Edenal:

Since I'm taking my own laptop with me, I would also take this little thing to ESA: http://gamerzone.avermedia.com//products/live_gamer_series/live_gamer_portable
The only disadvantage is that it only can record games from PS3, XBOX360 and the Wii. Older consoles with the Scart or video-chinch input are not supported by the device.
I hope I can get a small external HDD for the recording, altough I have 300GB free space on the laptop, but I want get sure that I don't run out of space Smiley

We've got the gear to upscale all content (except RF, don't know really, can't say I've tried that :D) to formats/inputs that device can capture. If we get our hands on a couple of more HDMI-splitter that would work.
Quote from Edenal:
Quote from icedpingu:
Quote from Edenal:

We've got the gear to upscale all content (except RF, don't know really, can't say I've tried that :D) to formats/inputs that device can capture. If we get our hands on a couple of more HDMI-splitter that would work.

So in other words, it doesn't matter which console it is, as long we have an HDMI-splitter you can provide me with a signal, which I can record on the laptop with my device, right?
Hockey enthusiast
Yep. If everything works.
Personal text
I think I have an HDMI-splitter I could bring, since it's quite small, if it's needed. Don't know about the quality of it though.
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Jokaah:
I think I have an HDMI-splitter I could bring, since it's quite small, if it's needed. Don't know about the quality of it though.

Please do!
Quote from Edenal:
Yep. If everything works.

Perfect, I just ordered an external 1TB HDD for recording, just in case the space is not enough for the 140h+ stream ^^

Btw. I'll be coming on Monday (15th July), not on the setup day, I hope this isn't a big problem.
No problem at all!
I will bring:

Laptop
2 PS3 controllers
1-3 N64 controllers
N64->USB Mayflash adapter.

I can also bring HDMI cables if needed.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Oh right, I was going to make my Can-brings list.
Any (or all) of the following games/consoles can be brought, but I'm not actually going to bring them, unless someone specifically requests them. Note that all of this is non-marathon proper. Note also, that every last piece of equipment is PAL standard.
Consoles:
-> N64 w/ Expansion pack; up to four controllers, rumble pack, transfer pack
-> PlayStation; one controller
-> Second controller for a SNES
SNES games:
-> Asterix (Not the one I'm running, that's with Obelix, and is on the will-bring list)
-> Donkey Kong Country
-> Donkey Kong Country 2
-> Goof Troop
-> The Lion King
-> Super Mario all Stars
-> Super Mariokart
-> Super Mario World
-> Yoshi's Island
-> TopGear 3000
-> Zelda LttP
N64 games
-> All-star Tennis
-> Donkey Kong 64
-> Extreme G
-> ISS 98
-> Mariokart64
-> Mario Tennis
-> Pokémon Stadium
-> Zelda OoT
PlayStation games:
-> FFIX
-> GT2

If anyone wants me to bring any of that, PM me or write in here by next week-end.
Nev, do not add any of these in the non-marathon part, until I confirm to you that I'm bringing it ^^