<- 1234567 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Smörgåsbord
I think we can borrow Frezy_man's copies of dt1 & 2! TaleSpin is another matter, I have a powerpak that I'm borrowing from a friend, but I am willing to buy a copy of it! Do not know if anyone els has NTSC TaleSpin. Smiley
Precursor
Got a 38:51 Ufouria any%, so no problems there. 0:50:00 is really too much, but I don't dare to put the estimate at 0:40:00. 0:45:00 would be perfect but apparently the schedule is entirely in 10-minute increments, so I guess 0:50:00 it is.
I have one issue, that my computer won't register my video signals from my Dazzle (even though it installed the driving routines) although I bought a new computer and have Windows 8 installed. No stream means no runs... because it sucks to sit down and do a game for 3,5 hours by your own.

I will keep you updated though. And don't worry, I won't cut all my games out. Although, if this continues and my motivation gets any lover I might cut one of the Star Fox games.
Edit history:
Partystar: 2013-04-12 10:09:59 am
Partystar: 2013-04-12 10:08:19 am
Partystar: 2013-04-12 10:07:42 am
Partystar: 2013-04-12 10:05:36 am
I also have a safe estimate for my DKCR run which is 2 hours. A very good run will end in sub 1:40. An OK run will be sub 1:45 and a bad run wil still be sub 1:50. The last few runs were all sub 1:45. I haven't had any runs slower then 1:50 since I started practicing again. But I like to have a safe estimate.

Furthermore, this game requires both mental and physical stamina which I think a pretty interesting and a lot of fun.
sinister1
so pro u don't even know
Quote from dxtr:
I don't like Metroid because of missile drops. But i can get somewhere around 20-25min all the time. Besides that, the rest if the games i feel good at.

You should try Jprophet's Sandython route. Basically you get an extra missile pack just before Kraid and it makes it incredibly less likely that you will get screwed by missile luck.
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
http://www.twitch.tv/drsynj Flicky and I will be streaming practice for the DMC3 co-op run all weekend! maybe some other games too
Precursor
ABLAGARGH.

Did a 38:41 Ufouria. Then I had another run where everything went awesome and I was a minute ahead and recording and on track to finally get the run to wipe my old 41:40 off the face of the earth and have enough health that I can skip the safety medicine I usually grab before the final boss and MISS A THROW AND LOSE MY RHYTHM ENTIRELY AND GET KILLED. When he had like 2 hits left. Fucking shitballs.
Sounds that you're in the right place to get a time you're happy with KennyMan! Don't accept defeat! =)
Personal text
I've been streaming a lot of MM5 attempts the last few days. It's quite clear that I need more practice, but keeping way under the estimate at least Smiley
Once I get my new TV, I'll be able to stream my CVHD practice. ^_^
Precursor
Okay, Ufouria any% is pretty much conquered as I've gone under 38 now. Bionic Commando Rearmed any% I've gotten down to under 30 minutes. What's left is getting Little Samson down to under 15, and then it's only Wild Guns that needs practice...
Penumbra Overture: Did an awful run that was like 28 minutes RTA, so that's all good.

Penumbra Black Plague: Did an amazing run and got like 20 minutes RTA which is the world record by a good margin, so that's all good.

Dark Souls: Realized I hate the game now and uninstalled it but assume that either I'm still decent at it by July or someone else will run it.
http://speedrunslive.com/races/result/#!/45134

I lost more than 2 minutes to random bullshit (e.g. a softlock I can't even control lost me more than a minute alone) and still got a low 26.
quake: Perfect. I've gotten used to running the game without the grenade timer and speedmeter.
half-life: Very good. I still need to get used to playing on the WON (old version) but my skills are up to par.
mega man: Good. I'm currently practicing this game for the gamefest in germany
metroid 2: I need to learn behemoth's route but that shouldn't be an issue Smiley
Playing Battle Kid. It´s going fine. I wish there was some kind of drug that would make me motivated though.
Precursor
Ufouria any% is even more conquered, which means I have a run recorded that I'm going to submit. The 0:50:00 estimate can very safely be lowered to 0:45:00.
Infinite Combo
Ninja Gaiden II practice will start saturday, but I'm pretty solid at MMX, always tie'ing my PB (38:02) or a bit higher.

X3 is solid, but anything can happen in that run.
Maybe even something that has never happened before.
Smörgåsbord
Quote from Airrider:
Maybe even something that has never happened before.

Like that teleportation glitch like I got last ESA, let's hope not. >_>
Edit history:
Partystar: 2013-04-21 10:50:11 am
I just did a full run on DKCR with 1:40:46. I totally messed up in the level handy hazards. As a result Cog Job started off pretty slow too. Else I would have hit that sub 1:40. I might do another run tonight when I feel to.
Edit history:
KVD: 2013-04-23 03:41:36 am
KVD: 2013-04-23 02:49:04 am
Coming Friday we will have a ESA preparation mini marathon in the house of gaming, Utrecht the Netherlands.
We will host it on the NLG stream: http://www.twitch.tv/nlg_organisation

We will all train for our ESA slot (among other things GoldenEye, DKCR & SMK) and do some bonus stuff afterwards.

The schedule is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AnMdUx7QUl-PdFFkMVBKRzl5T2oyaHZZNi05Z2JQVHc&output=html

If anyone is up for watching, see you next Friday!
Quote from KennyMan666:
Ufouria any% is even more conquered, which means I have a run recorded that I'm going to submit. The 0:50:00 estimate can very safely be lowered to 0:45:00.

Congratulations Kennyman! Updating such an old run must feel good to finally have done. I hope you record a commentary track for the submission. Smiley

Quote from KVD:
Coming Friday we will have a ESA preparation mini marathon in the house of gaming, Utrecht the Netherlands.
We will host it on the NLG stream: http://www.twitch.tv/nlg_organisation

We will all train for our ESA slot (among other things GoldenEye, DKCR & SMK) and do some bonus stuff afterwards.

The schedule is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AnMdUx7QUl-PdFFkMVBKRzl5T2oyaHZZNi05Z2JQVHc&output=html

If anyone is up for watching, see you next Friday!

I hope I can catch some of the runs, good luck to all the runners!
Precursor
Quote from ozzy88:
Congratulations Kennyman! Updating such an old run must feel good to finally have done. I hope you record a commentary track for the submission. Smiley

Oh, definitely. It's an improvement of over 10%.

I honestly don't know what I'd say in an audio commentary track. And if I'd record one it'd be for the 100% run (also recorded, making more attempts, but if I don't get anything better by the end of the week, I'm submitting both the any% and 100%).
Edit history:
Joka: 2013-04-24 11:16:12 pm
Personal text
My Mega Man 5 practice/running has gone like this so far:

1. Set goal
2. Beat goal by the tiniest margin
3. Not happy at all
4. Set new goal
5. Goto step 2
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Jokaah:
My Mega Man 5 practice/running has gone like this so far:

1. Set goal
2. Beat goal by the tiniest margin
3. Not happy at all
4. Set new goal
5. Goto step 2

Totally true. Beat my RotJ run with 1½ second yesterday.
Goto step 2!