Edenal: 2013-05-09 02:38:01 am
Edenal: 2013-05-09 02:33:23 am
Edenal: 2013-05-06 12:04:54 am
Edenal: 2013-04-30 01:53:35 pm
Edenal: 2013-03-03 09:08:16 am
Edenal: 2013-03-03 09:07:53 am
Hockey enthusiast
What is ESA?
A gathering which happend last year in Skövde, Sweden. With speedrunners and enthusiasts from all over the world. We hung out, played games and broadcasted a marathon (You can find last years schedule here: http://ludendi.se/esa-schedule/ ). The event is sponsored by Ludendi,  a non-profit video game organization based in Skövde and made possible thanks to all wonderful people coming together for a week to share the love for games and entertainment. We hope to keep the ball rolling, turning this one-time-thing into an annual event.

For those of you who missed us last year. Here are a few clips:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UrXf2zFEk8 - Zelda: OoT any%
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i81aGep3gI - North & South
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbOJWj4T3Lo - Duck Tales 1 (race)

But most importantly. ESA is not Ludendi. ESA is not SDA. ESA is not SRL. ESA is not TAS-videos.
ESA is an event with members from all communities coming together, enjoying each others' company and hopefully deliver one hell of a show!

When is ESA?
Monday, July 15th through Sunday, July 21st are the dates we are broadcasting the main-marathon. However we are open from Sunday the 14th for setup through Wednesday the 24th for clean up and bonus streams.
Monday, July 15th through Sunday, July 21st are the dates we've reserved the venue. If the turnout is big enough, there might be room to expand and start a few days eailer, but this is where we'll start.

Venue?
We are expanding this year. And due to reconstruction at House of Culture there are some changes. We will be moving the main event to Nyeport in Skövde. It's a brand new location, located less then 400 meters from the House of Culture. Stream-HQ and main practice rooms will be held here. In total there are three rooms 20 (66) , 77 (252) and 166 (544) square meters (feet) in addition to shared spaces with a kitchen. We will still be using areas in the House of Culture to sleep in and have another practice / casual gaming room.

Sign-up and game suggestions
You can find the sign-up thread here: https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/european_speedster_assembly_2013__signup_thread.html
You can find the game-suggestions thread here: https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/european_speedster_assembly_2013__game_suggestions.html

Accomodations
Most of the attendants will be staying at the House of Culture. Unlike AGDQ we cannot offer separate rooms. If anyone prefers this you can always get a room at the nearby hostel, but you will have to make these arrangements yourself (but we are happy to help).
Any questions? Our travel co-ordinator Crippe, will assist you.

Costs
We are looking at 50-75€ pricetag, this includes accomodation for the entier week. (It's European Speedster Assembly afterall!)
If you would like to solve your accomodation yourself, the price for attending is slightly less, landing at 25-40€.

45-90€. More info can be found in the sign-up thread.

Charity Updated: 2013-05-20
Doctors without Borders.
Undetermined. Save the Frames foundation until further notice.

Schedule
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al2bOTojRyCldHpiZjJlZUtRRDJ2N21KVG5aNUdXaUE#gid=0
Thread title:  
meh
Sniping first, in case I need it for later. Hype!
HELLO!
Wish I could go!
Dog
ESA Hype! I am coming
90% sure I can come... hype!!!!!!!! Smiley
Edit history:
KennyMan666: 2013-03-03 08:28:48 am
Precursor
You know I'll be there. Though this is not the signup topic.
Hype! Hope I can make it. Smiley
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Ai'll bee dere! */Arnie voice*

Question on the pricing, are we all going to pay in Euros, or will everyone pay by the currency of his/her country (SEK or EUR)? Or will it be like last year, that we are actually paying krones but the prices are also estimated to be whatever euros?
Reverse Death Valley Bomb
Awesome job Edenal!

Quote from Edenal:
What is ESA?
But most importantly. ESA is not Ludendi. ESA is not SDA. ESA is not SRL. ESA is not TAS-videos.
ESA is an event with members from all communities coming together, enjoying each others' company and hopefully deliver one hell of a show!

<3
GET HYPE!
Personal text
Hmm.. I'm getting slightly hyped for this
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Alko:
Question on the pricing, are we all going to pay in Euros, or will everyone pay by the currency of his/her country (SEK or EUR)? Or will it be like last year, that we are actually paying krones but the prices are also estimated to be whatever euros?

It will be like last year. You will paying in SEK. Since the money will be spent paying the rent.

If you use PayPal, that will not be an issue. For other methods of payment, we will figure out a way that works for everyone.
Damn I would love to join you and meet some guys (Adam_AK especialy), but I just started with speedrunning and have nothing to show off .... yet Wink
:D
Quote from WorldEater:
Damn I would love to join you and meet some guys (Adam_AK especialy), but I just started with speedrunning and have nothing to show off .... yet Wink

You can probably come and just hang out I believe...? I'm not 100% sure but as long as you pay like everyone else it shouldn't be a problem. Need confirmation on this I guess Tongue
meh
Yes, you can come visit without speedrunning anything. We will have a casual gaming room where you can just chill and play.
Edit history:
jatenk: 2013-03-04 03:58:15 am
jatenk: 2013-03-04 03:56:33 am
I am so coming. Is there anyone coming from germany? I can't speedrun but I have a bit of a talent in organizing things and technique arrangements.

I would suggest car-sharing. If we get together 4-5 including me that would be pretty easy and cheap. I have a driver license and would rent a car in hamburg, germany, coming through denmark over the big bridge. anyone coming from near that route and interested in participating pm me
GOD I'm so über-hyped right now
Quote from jatenk:
I am so coming. Is there anyone coming from germany? I can't speedrun but I have a bit of a talent in organizing things and technique arrangements.

I would suggest car-sharing. If we get together 4-5 including me that would be pretty easy and cheap. I have a driver license and would rent a car in hamburg, germany, coming through denmark over the big bridge. anyone coming from near that route and interested in participating pm me

If I'll go then I could join you, I'm from Düssseldorf but have no problem joining you in Hamburg
Very much looking forward to this, last year was amazing.
Edit history:
TimpZ: 2013-03-04 05:48:51 am
TimpZ: 2013-03-04 05:48:40 am
TimpZ: 2013-03-04 05:35:41 am
TimpZ: 2013-03-04 05:23:55 am
Quote from jatenk:

Well, Alko is german but there's lots of people coming from continental Europe in general so you could hopefully organise something in the travel thread. Just post the specifics of where you are and such and hopefully you'll find someone to pick up on the way or a carpool can come and pick you up :).

Edit: Derp
Please discuss travel arrangements and such matters in this thread: https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/european_speedster_assembly_2013__travel_thread.html
I'll be there! Hype!
Is there a new channel set up for the stream? I'd like to tell people to go follow the ESA channel but I don't know what it's called.
Only Offense Will Survive
Definately interested.
Edit history:
Edenal: 2013-03-04 11:14:34 pm
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from Kotti:
Is there a new channel set up for the stream? I'd like to tell people to go follow the ESA channel but I don't know what it's called.

I think we will stream at the Ludendi channel once again. It's already got some followers from last year and it's featuered on SRL / SDA team pages.

http://twitch.tv/ludendi
Edit history:
MarkHest: 2013-03-06 05:00:27 am
Don't trust chairs
I'm definitely showing up for this! Anyone know how I properly sign up for this event and when the last day of signing up will be? Also, how does the paying method work?