Sad
page  <- 1234567891011 -> <- 1 .. 7 .. 11 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
F*ckin' sanity effects...
Eh, it's really your call.  Those are just the start and end points as far as SDA is concerned.
twitch.tv/pandaneversleeps
10 to go!

Also an odd thing with that chat file I had

Attachments:
GUYS I CANT BREAK 4:40... i can't figure out why either...
OMG I GOT MY FIRST PERFECT CLOCK! I DON'T EVEN CARE THAT I ONLY PULLED A 4:41... PERFECT CLOCK.
Do you have a youtube or twitch I can watch you at?
Ok so I decided to do a run today starting at where SDA says to start, I can finish chapter one by 4:15... I'm confused considering you guys are hovered around 4:30.
Edit history:
Uilnslcoap: 2014-02-27 03:03:58 pm
Uilnslcoap: 2014-02-27 03:02:07 pm
In-game time vs. real time.  The "4:31" I have on the first chapter in the segmented run includes the hymn before you skip the cutscene, the loading screen (cutscenes and loading screens count on the in-game timer, as does all the time in the pause menu) and the time it takes after the cut back to Alex to dismiss the text, pause, and save the game.  In other words, it's not 4:31 by SDA's standards, but by the game's (I do like having the in-game timer for instantly knowing whether a segment run was good or not after it's done).
Oh I see then, so for SS I'm going by Wsplit, right?
Edit history:
Uilnslcoap: 2014-02-27 03:13:50 pm
Uilnslcoap: 2014-02-27 03:13:28 pm
Yeah, obviously the in-game timer is no help with SS, so it's just from "moment you can control Alex" to "moment you pick Bind rune as Edward".

For reference, I think my Chapter 1 segment is about 4:05/4:06 SDA time (from the moment you can control Alex at about 0:44 to the moment where it says "Operation in Progress" on the screen after choosing to overwrite/save at about 4:50, I believe).
If that's the case, first ever completed run 3:18:24. Basically I need to clean up the Cambodia chapters and the last 3 chapters of the game. The guardian boss fight can go a little faster, too.
Awesome!  Practice, practice, practice.  Especially the Cambodia chapters, yuck.
I don't have either but in possibly the next 2-4 weeks I SHOULD have everything I need to stream and put more vids on my youtube
Zwajken doing work, new personal best by over 3 minutes takes us into sub-2:30 with 2:28:48.

http://www.twitch.tv/zwajken/c/3792336
Just did another run today, 2:54:02. I'm coming for you Zwajken Cheesy

I'll highlight the run in a bit and link. I could use some pointers when it comes to setting all your spells (and I should really study all the spells).
Highlight! (Sorry wouldn't let me edit my post, I guess I could sign up for the boards.)

http://www.twitch.tv/llyno87/c/3815930
Awesome, I will absolutely take a look at this sometime in March (life's a little busy right now) and let you know what I see, Llyno.  Of course, Zwajken might have advice of his own!
Hey guys I'm going to put a couple of videos on my YouTube later ill link it here. They won't be runs just updates for my channel but it might be a good idea to go look to know where to go in the future, also I have a series of Alice lets plays on there where I'm drunk and they are interesting sometimes. The first one sucks though so feel free to skip it.
Been having trouble getting the video to upload I'll see what I can do soon
Hey Llyno, just to let you know I haven't forgotten I am going to look at your video.  My job interview that I'm studying for got pushed back to next week.  Hopefully by the end of next weekend, I'll PM you with my thoughts.  I might have a lot to say, just to warn you, haha.
~
glad to see people are running this game! anyone want to list some streams for the runners?
No worries, I'm on a small break from the game at the moment and just casting some Dark Souls XD. I was practicing so much that eventually I was just raging a lot.
http://www.twitch.tv/zwajken Is live right now if you want to catch him. He currently has the SS record.

/Llyno87 is my channel but as stated I'm taking a small break and practicing off cast.
Zwajken's latest is just over 7 minutes better than his last.  2:21:46, and with that I think we might have our first really good effort.  He's shooting for sub-2:20 next.  My $75 bounty is set at sub-2:16.

http://www.twitch.tv/zwajken/c/3940185

Haven't watched it yet, but can't wait (job interview and Llyno's come first).
Edit history:
Diogenes: 2014-04-05 12:44:50 pm
Diogenes: 2014-04-05 12:41:25 pm
Diogenes: 2014-04-05 12:41:09 pm
Diogenes: 2014-04-05 12:40:11 pm
Diogenes: 2014-04-05 12:39:42 pm
It's not just pool that restores stamina; a simple heal (e.g. strange necklace) will do it. I use heal all the time in SS before I acquire pool because I hate walking anywhere. I should actually time it to see if healing saves time over walking/running, but I have an inkling that it does.
Edit history:
Uilnslcoap: 2014-04-05 07:26:19 pm
Yep, was aware of that.  Doesn't matter in Karim's level, or Max's (you never have to stop running if you play it correctly).  Could be useful in Lindsey's level before he gets the Summon rune, perhaps...one time, maybe twice at most, I'd say.  (In my run, I just used casting green shields to stay rested, and I think probably using a red shield and green heals in order to cast fewer spells, you still probably wouldn't find a ton of use for healing for the sake of sprint stamina.)

Edit: I'd bet money it doesn't save time in Ellia's level.  The length of the cutscene to get the Strange Necklace plus how long it takes to cast AND having to stop moving probably overrides any savings from being able to run.  I did a very few timing comparisons of getting the Necklace and casting vs just doing run/walk/run/walk, and I'm all but certain run/walk is faster.