Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Escape Goat 2 () (pc) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verifier Responses

Quote from Vulajin:
A/V: good on HQ.
Cheating: nope.
Timing: in-game time is used, this is 13:39 as seen on the end screen after the credits.

I've already watched this run many times, and I have been hoping Stinger would submit it. The biggest time losses were in 3-2 (3s missing a two-frame trick), 5-2 (4s), 6-1 (2s), 9-5 (4s), and maybe a total of 5s in Spine rooms. He came within mere frames of achieving the ice block jump in 9-2, which would have saved 17s, but because that trick is so stupidly precise I don't consider it in the same realm as those other errors.

All things considered, this is 10 seconds ahead of the next best time. Improving this will be hard, even for Stinger, who has put more time into this game than any other runner. I'm happy that Escape Goat 2 will get its first representation on SDA with this run.

Quote from OrthoLabs:
No obvious cheating, fairly reasonable run that could only be improved by finding new strats or doing a lot of small risky timesavers.

Quote from Elipsis:
A/V: Looks great. (Watched IQ)

Cheating: None detected.

Gameplay: The runner could have saved a few seconds here and there in a number of rooms (3-2, 4-4, 5-2, 6-1, 9-5, a few spines) - and of course this run lacks the big 17 second time save in 9-2 that was shown off at AGDQ... but beating that TWR run by 10 seconds WITHOUT that time save speaks volumes to how strong the rest of this run is.

Conclusion
While this run lacks the incredibly creative 5-3 strat demonstrated at AGDQ - I nonetheless recommend it for a strong accept.

Quote from Yagamoth:
No cheating detected, also Stinger does not need that, since he is easily good enough to get such a run.

Ingame timer at the end: 13:39

A few time losses here and there, but considering how precise and ridiculous some of the tricks are, this is still a very strong run.

Simple accept, nothing to complain

Decision: Accept

Reason: Goats.

Congratulations to 'StingerPA'!
Thread title:  
Come now, Vula, I know you can bleat this record.
Puns don't behoove you, Onin.
Vulajin will beat this when he is ready, you don't have to ram it down his throat.