<- 123 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Some of the runners might not want to be performers on a stage. The stream room was pretty homely and while a big audience could fit it was still a comfy sofa appropriately positioned in front of the TV in a well lit room with friendly people around. Take away some of that and many might have trouble to perform because of nerves.

Or maybe I'm misinterpreting something here. Perhaps you could give a more detailed description of what you're suggesting.
Hockey enthusiast
Quote from TimpZ:
Text

Of course there are trade offs to suggested approach. Nothing is decided yet so don't worry. I'm just throwing all ideas out there.

The idea was to make the event look massive on stream. There were too many times during the marathon that the stream room was empty except for a few people, this sends the wrong message to the viewers and I believe making the event look bigger than it actually is can help to keep viewers hang around and maybe get a slight snowball effect.

I would like to limit the spots around the runner to a few spectators and make sure they are occupied at all times then having lots of chairs/sofas and having the majority running empty. And have a computer hooked up to a projector for the remaining viewers. I am not worried about nerves at all. Do you believe this is a major issue?

Think about it like a television/movie set. You know it's all fake but it looks damn impressive Smiley
I know at least one person who was literally shaking when he was on stream so I'm just saying that some might perform bad because of it. I myself had no problems with it but I know from experience of playing guitar that no matter how much you've practised, having a live audience is a problem unless you're used to it. But like I said maybe I'm misinterpreting the scale of this.

But I am interested in what it could become so please do elaborate on your suggestion.
Edit history:
Alko: 2012-10-10 08:14:53 am
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
I'm pretty sure I can recall occasions during SGDQ when the streaming room was empty execpt for runner and commentator (and invisible people on streaming/donation station). I also think, though that's an entirely biased point-of-view that this 'problem' occured mainly during the small hours of the night while Nev unexpectedly won FFXIII-2 or stuff. So we need less people to sleep Wink

Also I'm not sure if the nature of LAN party players allows them to think in terms of speedruns. And frankly: We had our 'big projector', it was the massive screen in the practice room with twitch running at all times. I'm not sure, what you're planning on doing. Of course LAN people have no sleeping schedule whatsoever, so they could easily come into the streaming room, to make it look fuller at all times xD
Speedrunner
These are good ideas Edenal. But in practice hard to pull off, since our main audience is on the internet. We had a TV in the practice room where guests/visitors could watch the stream while playing some games. If we could upgrade to a projector, that would be awesome! Im willing to share my projector for that cause.

BUT we dont want to force everyone out of the live-room. If you want to be there, that is ok. But respect the runner who plays the game and listen to what he/she demands. (Serious time)

And i can see that many of us agrees that the venue was good. The price was good and good connection to train, grocery etc. The sleeping area needs to be optimized if we get more attendees though.

And yes Alko, we cant demand people to stay awake so the stream looks good. Cheesy Cheesy We're people after all, we need to sleep!
The Duce
You only need to get some local LAN-players to attend to the place. And a projector that is connected to the stream, for displaying is a good idea. It is not so farfetched as it might sound, cause you only need a projektor for that, and off course, a good place to display the picture from it
Smörgåsbord
On a random note, all the "whole" runs from ESA are now up on YouTube!
Except Double Dragon 3? I couldn't find it at least.

Anyway, thanks for putting up the videos! =)

Man...I get anxious of not know if Skövde would work for it next year. Stoopid.
Smörgåsbord
On the request of the runner we did not put it up on YouTube but it will forever be in our hearts! (You can still see it on Twitch.tv/ludendi under videos)

The Ludendi Crew is hyped up for AGDQ! We have a tradition to watch it together in our local meet-up place or at home of one of the Team-members! This will be the third time! Cheesy

Edit history:
ozzy88: 2012-11-08 01:23:49 am
Okey.

I've learned to laugh at my terrible marathon run but it's awesome that you respected the runner's request.

Do you want highlights and bloopers made and linked to this thread, so it can be added to the first post?

If so I can fix the highlight for SotN at least.
Edit history:
Svenne: 2012-11-08 05:27:27 pm
Svenne: 2012-11-08 03:32:18 am
Smörgåsbord
Yeah, on that run he got game over on the last boss, so I understand why he did not want it to be uploaded. The rest of the runs gave him offical times on NESdb so he is happy about that! Smiley

Sure! If you want to, I haven't had sufficient to finish the blooper/highlight reel yet. Sad But do so in the Highlight/Blooper thread, this thread is for ESA 2013 preliminary planning.
The Duce
Yeah the DD3 run really sucked so much, it would only be a waste of time to upload it, when there are better runs of that game made by other gamers, that also finished the game faster. It's a pity it failed for me but I have learned the lesson to pick another game for the next time and I have found some to replace it with Smiley
I'd love to join next year. I've been watching all the time during the 2012 event and felt it was a great event, and as a matter of fact, it actually got me back into speedrunning. I'm hoping to be able to provide at least a run or two (looking at Demon's Crest at the very least), but generally being there and getting involved with you guys would be awesome.

If you guys want, I'm involved in some of the eSports/gaming community here in Austria, and we also have some connections to other European areas - while we're not doing any eSports stuff here, it might provide viewers. Smiley
Edit history:
ozzy88: 2012-12-30 03:36:18 am
Welcome aboard Red!

Some of the people who attended ESA this year have already started to do some planning and Ludendi have discussed the next and the previous Marathon at a meeting held not long ago. It seems the future for ESA is secure for the moment and we hope to get things rolling shortly after AGDQ 2013 Smiley
Infinite Combo
Hi.
Quote from IrregularJinny:
Hi.

Hello
Edit history:
ThaRixer: 2013-01-23 02:17:24 pm
ThaRixer: 2013-01-23 02:17:23 pm
Dog
Sup
Smörgåsbord
Yo
Cat planet, cat planet, cat planet, cat planet, cat planet, cat planet, cat planet, cat planet, cat planet, cat planet, cat planet, cat planet, cat planet....cat planet!
HELLO!
Wish I could go.
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Point?
Hockey enthusiast

Keep calm
                    and
            Stop spamming

Information about ESA will be posted in the near future.
Hey guys. I am a friend of ThaRixers and I hear that he is running Jak 2 and Jak 3. I run Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy 100% (Jak 1) It would be a shame not to have all three games being ran at this marathon. I would estimate that a good time for this would be 2:45:xx. I was wondering if it would be possible to do a run at this years ESA? If you need to contact me, just talk to ThaRixer, or message me here or on twitch (Rozerr.) Many thanks in advance.
Precursor
There'll be a game suggestion thread eventually, so just wait until then.