--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Sigsig: 2014-01-31 05:03:53 pm
Good run 3l3ktr0! thumbsup

I have also beaten my PB as well.

Time is 26:56. Still not satisfied as I made dumb mistakes here and there and especially at the wizard.
My current Goal is sub 25:30 but sub 25 is looking to be possible if a perfect no death run is done. Tongue
That's a mighty sexy run there Elektro - how am I ever going to catch up when you keep improving your already good times?!
I really need to train me on the "stomp-jump".

Do you use A for jump and B for stomp ? Do you change your inch of button or you just press B with the right side ?
Get over here!
I've been thinking about something fairly important while looking back at some really mean glitches that were fixed in the game but might still affect the time for the any% run for some people.

Should we limit the framerate on our runs to make levels where the portal appears more consistent overall? This is a problem with the RTA timing and game since some desktops are just faster at registering the end script for those levels for some reason. I've been talking about this problem a lot with OrangeCrix and it's basically a reason why some ILs are just awful to grind out because you can't affect frame loss.

What's everyones thoughts on this?
I've thought about that a tad, but the game plays much worse for me when I have the limiter on - feels like there's an input delay.  I imagine the differences won't be enough to matter significantly in the end for overall, though they do have some unfortunate relevance for individual level times.
I'm stomping with the X button for me.
I've been lurking here for a while and thought I would share the run I had earlier today. 
I haven't seen much activity since 3l3ktr0's 25:52, so I am just assuming that this is a new WR.

Final time of 25:34.01.

Get over here!
Great run Prismatoid. I've been working on and off the any% run. I'm still bad with my 29:28 but at least I have some decent IL standings. Smiley

Slowly approaching the sub 25 mark! Cheesy
Another thing, I encountered a glitch a while ago and haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. 

In world 3-11, the first phase of the wizard fight, I have somehow managed to do 3 points of damage in two attacks, thus saving the need for the third hit and cutting about half of the time off the level (my level time was 14.xxx seconds before I wiped my save). The problem is that I have only been able to do this twice in hundreds of attempts and haven't been able to record it so I really have no idea as to how I did it.  It is something that I am still trying to figure out as it would help greatly in achieving sub 25.
Edit history:
OrangeCrix: 2014-02-18 09:28:08 pm
Yes, we are aware of that glitch, thought that was patched a while ago though. I've tested it for a few hours a while back and it doesn't seem to happen to me. One other guy who played the game was getting it consistently and he didn't know why, so it has to be something with the computer.

Basically, it doesn't seem like you have to do something special in order to do the glitch.

Edit: Found the clip http://www.twitch.tv/monkiboy_/c/2810578
OH MY GOD ARE YOU IGNORING GINKA HAGANE???? WHAT A  DISGRACE TO ALL OF BEYBLADE!
skookhdfokhkofdhoksdkohfd
Thanks for the clarification!
Hi,

GG Prismatoid, i'm sad now, you're proud ? Cry
I'm currently in Denmark for my studies and i don't have my desktop PC, only my old portable computer and it's impossible to play + record .... so i will not be able to do videos for 5 months, but i'll keep playing.
Edit history:
Prismatoid: 2014-02-24 12:40:49 am
Prismatoid: 2014-02-23 11:50:00 pm
Improved WR to 25:23, I will edit in the video once it is done processing. Smiley

Edit: Twitch isn't exporting properly at the moment so I'll just leave the VOD here.
http://www.twitch.tv/prismatoid/c/3778194

Edit 2: Export is working again.

Nice runs Prismatoid! I'm in the same boat as ShadowDraft right now (except with an even worse 31:04 PB atm...its been going down rather fast though), but I'll make my way down there soon enough!
Edit history:
Robrock55: 2014-03-09 07:31:25 am
Ok, now I really need to improve my skills Wink Congrats Prismatoid

By the way, I will now twitch on this channel http://www.twitch.tv/robrock55
Also, I say on this Facebook page when and what I'm doing in live (it will probably be only ESJ for next weeks ^^) https://www.facebook.com/Robrock55?ref=hl

It would be cool to have some advices from pros. Because it's really hard to speedrun alone, it's my first speed run attempt ever, and yeah, it's hard !

I also tried to Hourglass ESJ, it doesn't work on my laptop W7. I will try on a old XP computer.

EDIT : Don't work on a old XP computer. I obtain better results on W7 (the windows opens and the game doesn't crash)
Edit history:
Prismatoid: 2014-03-23 12:27:11 am
Prismatoid: 2014-03-10 10:53:39 pm
Prismatoid: 2014-03-10 09:34:08 pm
Improved WR to 25:03, will upload and post when my streaming session is over.
(Also I choked on first phase of wizard fight and lost 13-14 seconds so I'm terribly upset). ;-;

Edit: Video.

A little bit late, but congrats ^^
I have a bit give up since i can't record my runs. We'll see during the summer when i back home :p
Edit history:
Prismatoid: 2014-03-23 12:27:33 am
Prismatoid: 2014-03-23 12:27:10 am
Improved WR by a whopping 1.2 seconds. :x

Previous run was better in terms of quality, I just didn't have any huge mistakes this time.
Get over here!
Congrats. Updated your time on pbtracker.
Edit history:
Prismatoid: 2014-03-25 10:05:17 pm
Prismatoid: 2014-03-25 10:04:59 pm
Prismatoid: 2014-03-24 11:40:48 pm
Have the criteria for a 100% run been finalized as of yet or are they still up for discussion?  Kind of want to attempt a 100% depending on what the requirements are.

Edit: Also looking for people to have a few races sometime.  I personally have never done a race and am interested in giving it a go.  If anyone is interested send a PM my way on SRL IRC or twitch. Smiley

Edit 2: Sub 25 complete!

Bowlercaptain mentioned to me that there are 3 levels in world 1 that aren't required to progress through the game, so you can exit to the menu in these levels and continue on with the game.  I'm finding this to save 10-12 seconds on average depending on how fast I navigate the menu.  This run is pretty much entirely thanks to him.  Still lots to improve though.
Get over here!
Wait what. That isn't strictly speaking any% anymore. You reset back to the menu so it becomes any% with resets. Sorry but I can't agree with the reasoning behind it.
This is currently the fastest way to beat the game from a clean save file, it has to be any%.  If anything the old run would now be considered any% no pause & quit.