1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

E.V.O.: Search for Eden (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Cheating: Don't think so.
A/V: No problem here.
Commentary: Comprehensive.

Fish:
The boss fight is really tough to try to do fast with few evolutions. There's a strat where you just stun lock him, but it's slower because you really have to get jaws for doing that instead of fins. I'm really impressed with this fight.

Amphibian:
Bosses are all impressive to watch. The first one has a decidedly different, faster strategy. By nature of the game, a lot of the gameplay is just hopping through screens as fast as you can.

Dino:
One missed bounce. Very successful Prime Frog chew-up. The Tyrosaurus fight has an improved strategy (I'm using the SGDQ run as a comparison).

Mammal:
Used the green crystal a bit earlier, which ends up winning a little time, but maybe that's a bit random. Mammoth goes well. Fortress goes really well. Yeti flesh is consumed in an optimal time.

Man:
Evolution progresses in skips and bounds. And so does the player, bearing through some hardships and meeting a monkey tribe that later evolved into trolls. Golden Yeti wasn't quite as lucky as SGDQ, but the sea monster and Cro Magnon especially were fast. The metroidesque final boss rush, again, went seemingly very well with more updated strategies that saved time... Yup that's all I have to say.

No real menu screen screw-ups or anything. Overall, a very impressive run with several boss fights that could have went a *lot* worse, especially the shark.
Accept

Quote:
Comments:

Not much to say really. The run was very well optimized and I saw very few mistakes. I was particularly impressed with excellent use of the evolution save feature to save time.

Accept.

Quote:
Audio and video qualities were good, little to no mistakes were made. No need to go in-depth due to the opinions of verifier #1. Like verifier #2, there's not much to say either. A game this good, must have been done by DW. If he didn't do this run then I'm sorry for the mistake. Very impressive run. Would love to see this on the front page by the end of the month.

Accept.

Quote:
You can really tell that a lot of planning and polish went into this run, to top it off, the run is also very well executed, and i especially like how quick the menu work is. You can tell that the runner really has his route memorized.

Chapter 1: A few rough spots early on, a few jellyfish hits and getting combo'd by an eel. Not really a big deal though, especially because of the really good luck on the special meat drops. A bit more damage is taken on the way to the boss due to bad enemy AI. Shark boss goes very well.

Chapter 2: Not much to say here. Almost no mistakes here. Queen Bee fight is always impressive.

Chapter 3: You do not like slime? Excellent use of green orbs to increase mobility. I didn't catch any mistakes in this chapter either, though there was a pretty scary near miss during trex farming.

Chapter 4: Wholesale mammoth and yeti slaughter is a go. Bird King is combo'd into submission, and then the whole floating island explodes...

Chapter 5: "They even had a bear in the air!" Seriously, those bears can jump like professional basketball players. Pretty good use of emergency evolution to refill health. Monkeys were surprisingly well behaved... oogi. Golden Yeti took a bit to get into a corner, but went smoothly after that. Last ocean went well, though a Laser-shark-riding-shark got a few shots off. Bolbox fight goes well, and the run ends with a well deserved boing-oing-oing-oing.

Very impressive run indeed. Accept.

Quote:
A/V is good now, no cheating detected.  Very impressive run indeed.  Nice job getting out of being stun locked about 2/3 into the game, and very nice job stun locking most of the bosses that gave me so much trouble when I played this game casually.  Accept!  I'm not 100% sure when timing for this starts, but assuming it starts when he presses the button to enter the first stage up until the final hit on Bolbox, I'd time it as 49:59.

Quote:
Not enough backward jumps, reject. Sorry, but with out more backward jumps this run is really really sub par on entertainment.

Edit: Oh and about speed, formalities.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Darkwing Duck!'
Thread title:  
Was a great run. It will be very hard to beat it.
Highly Evolved
Quote from Eternalspirit:

Nah, just do exactly what I do except avoid the Michael Jordan Grizzlies.
Highly Evolved
Quote:
A/V is good now, no cheating detected.  Very impressive run indeed.  Nice job getting out of being stun locked about 2/3 into the game, and very nice job stun locking most of the bosses that gave me so much trouble when I played this game casually.  Accept!  I'm not 100% sure when timing for this starts, but assuming it starts when he presses the button to enter the first stage up until the final hit on Bolbox, I'd time it as 49:59.

I'd much rather have timing end on losing control of character, since you still have to run to the spot, which makes the final boss evolution a strategic decision.
HELLO!
Drink every time the run is accepted!
Quote from Darkwing Duck:

What are the Michael Jordan Grizzlies?
Arbitrary forum emu
DWD - how many drinks in this run?
Quote from Egg McMuffin:

What are the Michael Jordan Grizzlies?

Quote:
"They even had a bear in the air!" Seriously, those bears can jump like professional basketball players.
HELLO!
Quote from Boxfat:

Well if it was The Run it should be low on bonks at least...

Kay, I'll get right on that. In 10 years, when I beat your time, I'll let you know. Tongue
Highly Evolved
Quote from Boxfat:

I don't remember.  I think there were two backward jumps, which were too few, according to Dragonda...the last verifier (completely a guess, but I don't think I'm too far out on a limb, here).
Highly Evolved

Kay, I'll get right on that. In 10 years, when I beat your time, I'll let you know. Tongue

See, my standards are such that I didn't submit this for 5 or so months because of the grizzlies.  I suppose that's the speedrunners mantra, but that screen really makes me think this run isn't THAT hard to beat.

See, my standards are such that I didn't submit this for 5 or so months because of the grizzlies.  I suppose that's the speedrunners mantra, but that screen really makes me think this run isn't THAT hard to beat.

Don't blame you, but sometimes, you just have to submit! It really was a very good run. Smiley