List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

SS NG+ runs of Wu, Shu, and Wei on Expert difficulty

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Well I’ll split up my comments and decisions into smaller sections because that is how I was given the run and each clan is a different story line.
Also the games graphics are very repetitive so I had difficulty choosing what to snapshot. I ended up choosing moments I found impressive even though most of them look very similar.

Shu
Stage 1
Starts on a horse. Very good control and avoids just about every fight without slowing down at all.
Kills Zhang Jiao incredibly fast. And the + Attack modifier is a nice touch which saved probably a couple seconds.
Stage 2
That first gate went by very quickly. The units were a little spread out but compared to my experience with those guys they were killed about as quickly as possible.
Diao Chan, I saw lots of guards during your first special attack. After that first special the fight went very quickly.
Dong Zhuo – Very nice fight. The speed of this fight made me forget that there were other captains present. Very well done. A couple blocks, but luckily not on your special attack.
Stage 3
Disobeying orders O.o sounds like a good plan.
Amazing Cao Cao fight. I’m stunned about the speed you defeated him, no blocks that I saw.
Stage 4
Lots of running. Maybe could’ve avoided that first group which you stumbled around. Yet another Cao Cao fight, I don’t remember him being anywhere near as easy as you make him look.
Stage 5
“Ma Chao has refused the duel” to go win the mission by himself.
That fight was very nice, the X2 attack bonus seemed like it helped quite a bit. You lost track of him for a second but recovered very quickly. Besides that minor flaw yet another incredible boss.
Stage 6
The gate fight was done very well, you barely stayed on your horse a couple times.
The second gate had a couple blocks.
You made Sun Jian look easier than his gate guards, great job.
Stage 7
Attacking that first group probably could’ve sped up your musou gauge a little bit.
Blocked Musou vs Sima Yi. So many dodges of the little guys during this fight I thought for sure that you would be knocked off.
Cao Cao fight – Nice job always orienting yourself towards the group of guys to boost your Musou gage.  Lost him for a second but very nice fight.
Stage 8
Dian Wei – Very fast and nice use of musou.
You got off the horse.
Getting onto an even better horse go figure. Missed the initial dismount attempts though.
Cao Cao fight once again goes by very very quickly. Dodged quite a couple of dismount attempts.
“Two arms, we must choose carefully” – “How about I just take out the leader? Oh wait I already did.”

Wei
Wei Dynasty
Sima Yi Chosen.
Stage 1:
Nice job getting full gauge right in time.
Wow. I never knew Sima Yi was that strong. Instant officer kill
Also it looks like getting knocked off goes about the same speed and getting off.
Stage 2:
Trolly guard captain, don’t they know they shouldn’t block or win.
Full Mushou vs Dian Chao was very nice.
Hit a couple times by a foot soldier while the end guy ran away :/ kind of annoying
Stage 3:
Couple of combos seemed to hit the wrong guys and you missed a little bit with your musou against the first boss guy. Nothing major though.
Used Musou while facing the wrong way. Then dismounted. Then dismounted again and used musou to clear lower guys. :/ Probably lost a couple seconds at least here.
Managed to live vs a bajillion unites, very nice. Many blocked attacks, but you musou finished him off.
Stage 4:
Missed a group of guys. Then hit several times by Liu Bei. Overall a decent looking fight.
Stage 5:
I like how you ran straight to the disguised guy. Cheesy
Knocked off your horse and seem to be beat up pretty bad. Fill your musou through being attacked rather than attacking for the first bit.
Close call to being defeated Zhuge Liang.
All recover on boss. Nice touch again Cheesy
Stage 6:
That musou on the bridge might have been mistarget, luckily you don’t really lose anything from this besides the lock between you and the boss.
Sick musou, the screen turns black. And incredibly close fight. Well done.
Stage 7:
Nice turn around block at the gate. But then you were comboed for a while.
“Sima Yi’s unit is retreating” – of course I am. After defeating liu Bei .
Couldn’t really tell, but Liu Bei seemed to block a lot of your first Musou. Second one however was very nicely timed and caused an instant death.
Stage 8:
How did you get through that mine field O.o you hit like 5 Tongue in real life that would’ve killed a horse (I’m pretty sure)
I’m not even sure what happened at the end of this one. It ended too quickly.

Wu
Zhou Tai – I don’t have too much experience with this character, the other two I have plenty of
Stage 1:
First Moushou sort of blocked but not all the way, very nice stage overall.
Stage 2:
Zhou Tai is way too strong off foot. And on horse.
That combo against the wall / barracks was insanely cool.
Stage 3:
I think you missed the attack X2 powerup (the sword, I might have been mistaken though) but I’m pretty sure you didn’t attack anything for 30 seconds which it would make a difference for.
Why does Diao Chan always die so fast Sad shes my favorite character.
Attack + while fighting the final boss. Amazing luck there. Very well done too.
Stage 4:
I didn’t even notice when you knocked Liu Biao off his saddle. Overall this fight was very nice. I especially like how you went through his guards every time he tried to do one.
Stage 5:
More blocks than the stages before this but none the less very few, very nice fight again.
Stage 6:
Not too many comments for this one. Very clean victory.
Stage 7:
lol tree
Nice dismount into horse steal. That was incredible, though I kind of wanted to see his ground musous again, they are so cool. Anyways this fight once again was very well done.
Stage 8:
Seems like you missed several attacks and got many more than normal blocked. So far this would be your slowest fight by far. (And maybe the hardest so I don’t blame you too much)
Stage 9:
All those cutscenes were really annoying during the Ma Su gate fight so I must applaud you on finishing that one so well.
That final fight was so nice and the musou recovery came at the perfect time. Nice job, you constantly were hitting the final boss. Only way you could have improved it would be to get an attack X2 powerup from a little guy.

In all three runs the video and audio quality were good and there was no cheating.

I found the Wu and Shu runs to be very high quality. The runner knew the exact routes and what men to hit along the way in order to charge his musou along with when to jump off the horse in order to continue running. All in all I found these runs incredible.

The Wei run left me wanting a bit more. The runner very clearly knew his route well and didn't get lost but during the actual fights he made several mistakes, getting comboed almost to death several times and using his musou while facing the absolute wrong way of his target. Granted he lived through many situations that I thought he was going to die in due to the difficulty level however some fights just didn't seem anywhere near as optimized as the Shu and Wu fights. Meanwhile he had a couple fights where he point blank musoued the

I would have to say that I would definitely accept the Shu and Wu runs and most likely accept the Wei run.

Quick Edit : The runner's comments has the time per stage which could be used.

Quote:
No evidence of cheating, audio and video quality is fine. The runner here plays through the three main Musou modes, using the most optimal character and route through each version.

Shu:

Super Ma Chao Man takes the fields of battle for this musou mode.

The Yellow Turban Rebellion:
Straightforward run to Zhang Jiao. Got lucky with a War God's Axe drop to save a few seconds. Can't do much better on the ZJ kill.

The Hu Lao Gate:
Started in the north. This stage is a little more involved, having to go through several gates, and waiting on the second for the gate to bust through. Diao Chan gave some trouble, so that cost some time. Another Axe drop made quick work of Dong Zhuo though.

Battle of Bo Wan Po
Cao Cao is basically dead ahead from the start. Quick kill even though no Axe dropped this time.

Battle of Chi Bi
Despite the maze-like nature of this stage, takes the most direct route from the left starting position to Cao Cao. Boss kill was just as quick.

Campaign for Cheng Du
It's quicker going through and avoiding the duel than going around. Liu Zhang doesn't appear straight away, but once he does he goes down fairly fast.

Battle of Yi Ling
First, straight ahead to Lu Meng to open the gate there. Then around to Cheng Pu to open his gate. After that, it's a case of storming the camp and taking down Sun Jian. Couldn't have gone much better, although Lu Meng didn't cooperate as much as the other two generals.

Battle of Wu Zhang Plains
Sima Zhao could have been handled a little better, but still went down quickly. Once Zhuge Liang feigns death, the central gate opens and Sima Yi becomes a bigger pain to take down. After that, Cao Cao appears, didn't quite come off his horse straight away but was a much better fight than the other two generals.

Battle of Xu Chang
South first to beat up Cao Xiu and open the gate, and then swings around the far east of the map to beat up Deng Ai and open the castle. The seige engines prevent a horse going further so Ma Chao has to take on Dian Wei on foot to start with, then steals his slightly slower horse and continues as normal. After that, Cao Cao is there in a somewhat laggy area, and finally bites the dust

Wei

Sima Yi is chosen for his powerful musou attacks

The Yellow Turban Rebellion
Straightforward start here. Rides up to Zhang Jiao, kills him in a single musou attack. Can't be done much faster.

Battle of Hu Lao Gate
Started in the far south, so that impedes the advance a little. Accidentally gets on the wrong horse after Li Ru, so that cost a bit of time too. Caught a little offguard by Diao Chan but she fell to a single musou attack. Yuan Shao shows his authoritah while Dong Zhuo takes a while to kill. All in all this stage has the most potential for improvement, almost none of it cooperated at all.

Battle of Guan Du
Have to take out Wen Chou and Yan Liang before you can advance. Wen Chou's honor guard make remounting difficult. After that, Yan Liang goes much quicker with the musou attacks now available. Laggy fight with Yuan Shao, and some bad luck in the fight itself. There's room for improvement here too, but Yuan Shao isn't much for cooperating at the best of times.

Battle of Chang Ban
Beating up Zhuge Liang allows you to leave the castle once you enter it. After that, it's just a case of beating up Liu Bei, who was more cooperative than the last two map's generals.

Battle of Chi Bi
First all the way to Pang Tong to prevent the central bridges from being taken down. Next, down to Zhuge Liang to prevent the winds, although this took a while. Finally to Sun Jian to finish the stage, who was again very uncooperative. Stage was finished before Huang Gai went all pyro.

Battle of He Fei
Moves into the centre to pick off Sun Jian just before the bridge is meant to come down. The hill makes the first kill difficult. Next back to beat up Taishi Ci while we wait for Sun Jian to respawn, who went down a lot faster this time

Battle of Wu Zhang Plains
Switches to Shadow Harness. Jiang Wei causes a big problem at the arbalest gate. After that, you have to wait around for Zhuge Liang to feign death then reappear to make Liu Bei come into play. Liu Bei goes down very quick in fact.

Battle of Cheng Du
Takes a lot of damage through the minefield, then swings around until the ambush is triggered and Liu Bei appears for a hectic and risky final battle. The ointment drops made this a much quicker fight than expected.

Wu

Zhou Tai mounts his horse and slices his way through this mode

The Yellow Turban Rebellion
A bit premature with the first Musou attack. Otherwise, a quick kill here.

Battle of Si Shui Gate
Dismounts and takes out the supply depot. After that, steals a slower horse then heads through the central entrance to beat up Li Jue

Battle of Hu Lao Gate
Switches to Shadow Harness. Guo Si goes down quick, gate only delayed by the general messages. Diao Chan went blazingly fast, as did Dong Zhuo with the Axe pick up.

Assault on Liu Biao
Heads all the way inside the fortress before facing his first enemies. Liu Biao went down fairly quickly, got a few blocks in.

Unification of Jiang Dong
Beating Liang Gang allows the gate to open. After that, it's just a sprint after Liu Xun, and a reasonably fast kill.

Battle of Chi Bi
Swings around to the right to reach Cao Cao quickly. Cooperative fight, only a few blocks.

Battle of He Fei
Used a bit too much of the musou bar on the Guard Captain, could have saved some to get a quicker first Musou attack on Cao Cao. Still, he goes down fast so it's only a minor nitpick.

Battle of Yi Ling
Direct route to Liu Bei is direct. Had some awkward positioning with the fight, and so could have gone much better, but still went ok.

Battle of Cheng Du
Guan Suo guards the first gate. After he finally perishes, it's through the ambush and straight to Liu Bei, who falls extremely quickly.

Going by all this, I have no hesitation in accepting all three runs. While the Wei run looks the most awkward, there's no Wei character that benefits from the powerful mounted combat that Ma Chao and Zhou Tai benefit from. Sima Yi is not only a strong choice for his musou attacks but prevents the AI from taking longer in several stages, so he's a natural choice for Wei. Ma Chao and Zhou Tai attack on a single side for most of their mounted attacks, and this can be quickly stacked for a huge amount of damage. There's always room for improvement, but most of that would come from luck, either by more War God's Axe or Ointment drops, or a more cooperative AI on some fights, although given how aggressive the AI tends to be the player managed extremely well under the circumstances.

Quote:
Alright, I  know this has been delayed long enough, so let me do a quick summarization of the runs.

For both Wu and Shu, the runs were spot on with great execution with both Ma Chao & Zhao Tai so they are easily accept.

For Wei, it is understandably the weakest of the three as Wei doesn't have any good horseback riders yet, so with the choice of Sima Yi was good due to his Musou attack, but with that said, it could have been better in regards of luck.

Overall, if we were to evaluate the runs as a whole, it is an accept.  If we look at them individually, it would be a strong accept for Wu and Shu, but a weak accept for Wei.  I feel as though it could have been better, but given for what we got, this is good enough.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'Lenophis!'
Thread title:  
Weegee Time
Nice to see someone's ambition could not be stopped.
SDA Apprentice -- (3-1)
I'm just hope that this will be the first of many runs that we will get for the warriors series.

Dynasty? Samurai? Gundam? Fist of the North Star? Bleach? One Piece?

So many choices...
Waiting hurts my soul...
this is one that actually wasn't on the request list...
Yay! Now I just need confirmation on the times so I can encode and torrent them. Since it's D1F13D, you guys will also get the glory of IQ and XQ!

Now to the comments:

Quote from Verifier 1:
I’m not even sure what happened at the end of this one. It ended too quickly.

It surprised me as well, when I did it at the time. That ointment drop was well-placed and stupid lucky, and I'm not even sure how or if I can ever get that kind of time on that stage ever again.

Quote:
The Wei run left me wanting a bit more.

The amount of luck and execution needed to get a superb run is ridiculous. Sima Yi's attack is so much weaker on a horse, so it takes forever to build up the gauge, combined with officers blocking, Sima Yi's musou being very random inofitself, and with fodder behavior, it's a wonder I was able to do this at all. But, that also means that any improvement I do, it will need at least equal luck with all of the stages, and better on most. Grin

Quote:
The runner very clearly knew his route well and didn't get lost but during the actual fights he made several mistakes, getting comboed almost to death several times and using his musou while facing the absolute wrong way of his target. Granted he lived through many situations that I thought he was going to die in due to the difficulty level however some fights just didn't seem anywhere near as optimized as the Shu and Wu fights.

If I ever felt like a battle was getting out of control, it was a reset. Early on if there was a mistake (like getting knocked off the horse or the gauge not being charged up, etc) it was a reset. Plenty of things can and will go wrong with Sima Yi, Pang Tong, and Zhuge Liang.

Quote:
Meanwhile he had a couple fights where he point blank musoued the

*dundundun*

Quote from Verifier 2:
There's always room for improvement, but most of that would come from luck, either by more War God's Axe or Ointment drops, or a more cooperative AI on some fights, although given how aggressive the AI tends to be the player managed extremely well under the circumstances.

This pretty much sums it up. ^_^

Quote from MAS8705:
I'm just hope that this will be the first of many runs that we will get for the warriors series.

Wink
Forgot to mention this:
Quote from Verifier 1:
Also the games graphics are very repetitive so I had difficulty choosing what to snapshot.

I had difficulty as well, but I took a bunch for each story, and uploaded them here. The last 2 of Wei were actually of a run attempt that didn't make it, but I took those screenies anyway because of the hilarity. They're BMP, so convert/do with as you will, if you want them.