Sad
<- 12345 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Not a walrus
Well, the issue is that we don't post WMVs to the final site for various reasons, so it'll have to get passed through Yua just like most of the stuff we post. That said, if Yua is having issues with the files then that's something nate can look into.

I'll try to get all the file shuffling done some time in the next couple of days.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2014-06-04 11:17:11 am
Aspect ratio: the new aspect ratio really caught my eye at first and took some getting used to. It's definitely flatter than it should be. When I compared one single unit rectangle in the unit display that you click for starting production, the ratio here
is 4:3 and in the newer encodes 7:4. The same with the ones you've uploaded on your channel (though TBH I only checked a few). So that's 1.33 compared to 1.75. For me, the A/V problems are in order of importance:

1. totally corrupted encodes
-so far I've seen this with:
Atreides (easy) 2-1, 3-1, 6-1
Harkonnen (easy) 2-2, 3-2
-will keep listing them as I watch
2. aspect ratio
-lots of this across the board, I'm creating a full list as I watch them
3. flickering
-this I can personally live with but maybe it's easy to fix: scan for totally dark frames and e.g. duplicate previous frame.
-the 4 new "faster" times all have this as Ware pointed out, also some others, I'm listing these too but I know I missed some earlier.

Ware: maybe you could list the flickering ones so we can be sure we caught all of them?
Heavy Metal Powered
Quote from LotBlind:
Ware: maybe you could list the flickering ones so we can be sure we caught all of them?

I can certainly do that, I'll start tomorrow most likely.
Heavy Metal Powered
Code:
(Faster)Dune 2000 Atreides Mission 6 - Version 1 (Hard)_HQ.mp4
(Faster)Dune 2000 Atreides Mission 9 - Version 2 (Hard)_HQ.mp4
(Faster)Dune 2000 Harkonnen Mission 9 - Version 1 - Hard_HQ.mp4
(Faster)Dune 2000 Speedrun - Ordos Mission 9 - Version 2 - Hard_HQ.mp4
Dune 2000 Atreides Mission 1 - Version 1 (Easy)_HQ.mp4
Dune 2000 Atreides Mission 1 - Version 2 (Hard)_HQ.mp4
Dune 2000 Atreides Mission 2 - Version 1 (Easy)_HQ.mp4 (+ other video corruption)
Dune 2000 Atreides Mission 2 - Version 2 (Hard)_HQ.mp4
Dune 2000 Atreides Mission 3 - Version 1 (Easy)_HQ.mp4 (+ other video corruption)
Dune 2000 Atreides Mission 3 - Version 2 (Hard)_HQ.mp4
Dune 2000 Atreides Mission 6 - Version 1 (Easy)_HQ.mp4 (+ other video corruption)
Dune 2000 Atreides Mission 6 - Version 2 (Hard)_HQ.mp4
Dune 2000 Atreides Mission 9 - Version 2 (Hard)_HQ.mp4
Dune 2000 Harkonnen Mission 1 - Version 1 (Easy)_HQ.mp4
Dune 2000 Harkonnen Mission 1 - Version 2 (Hard)_HQ.mp4
Dune 2000 Harkonnen Mission 2 - Version 1 (Hard)_HQ.mp4
Dune 2000 Harkonnen Mission 2 - Version 2 (Easy)_HQ.mp4 (+ other video corruption)
Dune 2000 Harkonnen Mission 3 - Version 1 (Hard)_HQ.mp4
Dune 2000 Harkonnen Mission 3 - Version 2 (Easy)_HQ.mp4 (+ other video corruption)
Dune 2000 Harkonnen Mission 6 - Version 1 (Hard)_HQ.mp4
Dune 2000 Harkonnen Mission 6 - Version 2 (Easy)_HQ.mp4
Dune 2000 Ordos Mission 1 - Version 1 (Easy)_HQ.mp4
Dune 2000 Ordos Mission 1 - Version 2 (Hard)_HQ.mp4
Dune 2000 Ordos Mission 2 - Version 1 (Hard)_HQ.mp4
Dune 2000 Ordos Mission 2 - Version 2 (Easy)_HQ.mp4
Dune 2000 Ordos Mission 3 - Version 1 (Easy)_HQ.mp4 (+ other video corruption) [excellent example of BAD flickering]
Dune 2000 Ordos Mission 3 - Version 2 (Hard)_HQ.mp4
Dune 2000 Ordos Mission 6 - Version 1 (Easy)_HQ.mp4
Dune 2000 Ordos Mission 6 - Version 2 (Hard)_HQ.mp4
Dune 2000 Ordos Mission 9 - Version 2 (Easy)_HQ.mp4

These are the ones that I could detect flicker in. Might be in even more of them, but I didn't notice it if that is the case.
I also marked the ones I noticed had video corruption. And marked another video that is a good example of severe flickering.
Edit history:
Shaokhan: 2014-06-11 11:46:39 am
Shaokhan: 2014-06-10 10:29:37 am
LotBlind: So I looked into the aspect ratio. Basically all videos are x720 as on youtube you will get best visible result when it is encoded for HD. And x1080 is just unneccessary too high resolution considering original game is 640x480 (or 400). So in Bandicam I chose 1280x720 (16:9) as opposed to 960x720 (4:3) because when I view it in BSplayer, you cannot see the credits (top and bottom part of the video) while in full screen when its 4:3. So that's the reason why it is like this.

btw, i updated my comment with your question about one of the missions.

UPDATE to Lotblind: I'll answer that one here.
Question: do the price fluctuations affect your choices a lot when placing orders in the starport menu?
Answer: no, unless I'm really low on cash and need to decide whether to order the unit or build the unit. Ordering also takes longer, so depends on situation, the starport generally costs a little less, so I assume it always does, I don't have time to check. And also if I feel I'm gonna need units any time soon (expecting an attack), I'll order as many tanks I can, if I have good defense, I order harvs, or 2-4 caryalls (usually emergency - running out of spice near base).
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2014-06-11 09:30:24 am
Okay, I don't know what to say to that aspect ratio thing except it looks squished in 16:9. I'll let someone else decide on this.

Gonna watch some more Ordos missions today.

EDIT: My many questions - I'm just trying to be a "good verifier" here. You're a tough one to crack! Smiley Just quenching my curiosity as well.
Not a walrus
Sorry I haven't gotten to this like I said I would, between trying to get stuff done at work before SGDQ, and, well, SGDQ prep, my free time has been a lot more sparse than usual. I have the raws downloaded so I'll try to do something with them this weekend.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2014-07-09 02:29:35 pm
LotBlind: 2014-06-14 12:26:21 pm
UA: I'm almost finished with checking each of the missions that were uploaded so far. Maybe a week off from that so then I'll have a complete list of what's missing or badly corrupted in case it's gonna help your/Nate's work.

Here it is now: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o32i96immi94vpu/Dune2000.xlsx

^^ ignore the "f" ones it's an incomplete list of the ones with flickering.
Ok guys, maybe I don't check this too often, but if you need anything from me, message me on my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/radim22
waiting on new encodes...
Not a walrus
Really sorry about all the delays, I've been trying to encode the missing files with yua but some of them are freezing/crashing. I might have to try a different version of Yua to see if that has better luck with those files.
Not a walrus
Alright, all of the stuff listed in Shaokhan's post before should be up, except for:

Dune 2000 Harkonnen Mission 3 - Version 1 (Easy).wmv
Dune 2000 Harkonnen Mission 7 (Hard).wmv
Dune 2000 Harkonnen Mission 9 - Version 1 (Hard).wmv
Dune 2000 Ordos Mission 8 (Hard).wmv
Dune 2000 Ordos Mission 9 - Version 2 (Hard).wmv

Because they're making yua freeze/crash. I'll try to figure out a workaround but it might take me a bit.
Heavy Metal Powered
Quote from UraniumAnchor:
Alright, all of the stuff listed in Shaokhan's post before should be up, except for:

Dune 2000 Harkonnen Mission 3 - Version 1 (Easy).wmv
Dune 2000 Harkonnen Mission 7 (Hard).wmv
Dune 2000 Harkonnen Mission 9 - Version 1 (Hard).wmv
Dune 2000 Ordos Mission 8 (Hard).wmv
Dune 2000 Ordos Mission 9 - Version 2 (Hard).wmv

Because they're making yua freeze/crash. I'll try to figure out a workaround but it might take me a bit.

If you run into issues I might be able to do some stuff with them if I'm allowed to try.
I've dealt with broken WMVs before, though it was a long time ago.
Not a walrus
I fed the broken ones through ffmpeg directly just for verification purposes. They should be showing up soon. Sorry this has taken so long.
Dune 2000 Ordos Mission 9 - Version 2 (Hard).wmv - Is that the new one? Because the old one is 15 mins longer and the new one was called (Faster)Dune 2000 Speedrun - Ordos Mission 9 - Version 2 - Hard
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2014-07-12 04:37:48 am
Not a walrus
The one I uploaded is 46:19, is that right?

Edit: Actually, the faster one was up already, so I'm not sure why I uploaded that one again. Should be removed now, though.
Heavy Metal Powered
Downloading them all now.
Heavy Metal Powered
Need to ask again because I am not sure if it was resolved: What is the verdict on the black frames issue? I can't seem to find one.
Despite finding them really annoying personally, I'd give them a pass since they're caused by modern hardware making it harder to otherwise run the game, and in no other way appear to affect the games integrity.
But I'd like to see a staff verdict before I watch hours and hours of video.
The encodes that were totally corrupted are still totally corrupted looks like. Here's the list again (the ones marked with b or x(afb) or something like that).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o32i96immi94vpu/Dune2000.xlsx

I'm currently watching the new ones but probably won't finish till after ESA is finished in about 3 weeks from now.
Not a walrus
I didn't redo any that weren't already in, so I'll get to those later this week. Maybe tonight if I can squeeze the time in.
Heavy Metal Powered
I'd be open to take a crack at one of these corrupted ones if any help is needed.
Not a walrus
The version of ffmpeg that the public release of Yua is using right now is fairly old (by ffmpeg standards anyway) so I might just use a newer ffmpeg directly like I did with the other ones that had weird problems. I'll have to experiment.
Not a walrus
I'm going to be trying to do the SGDQ encodes starting tomorrow, so before I get too deep into that, remind me if the corrupted videos for this run completely unwatchable, or just "they need to be fixed before publishing"?
Heavy Metal Powered
The latter. A verdict on the black frames are however necessary. See https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/dune_2000_available_for_verification_2014.2.3_68.html
A few of them are pretty bad, I almost gave up on verifying them because of it originally, but I've established a kind of overarching trust in the runner by now and besides it's still possible to somewhat tell what's happening... So none of the ones I've seen are unwatchable.

The black frames are a thing, the aspect ratio is a thing possibly but they don't stop us from doing our part. Like I said I'll be gone for a while anyway.