1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/DukeNukem3D.html

Duke Nukem 3D (Any %) (Individual Level)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Had a look. No mistakes that I can see. Audio/Video fine. Give this an accept.

Quote:
So looks like the new run is not quite Fernato-standards good. It loses maybe 0.5s between getting the blue key and entering the room with the conveyor belts. Overall it is around 1s behind before going for the new trick. However, it is still quite smooth execution.

No other issues detected.

Accept. (time 0:34 counting all the in-game stuff)

Quote:
The level is executed smoothly and compared to Fernito's run it falls a bit behind but gains a huge time advantage by clipping up to the rocks near the end instead of waiting for the water to rise.

Audio and video qualty is good

ACCEPT

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Alex 'pogokeen' Dawson!
Thread title:  
Very cool! Smiley  Thanks very much everyone!
Surely you're going to go on and improve on all those other shabby Fernato runs now? Roll Eyes
Someone needs to improve E1L5. That's like 20 seconds slow. If only the new route wasn't so insanely hard.
Quote:
Surely you're going to go on and improve on all those other shabby Fernato runs now? Roll Eyes

Haha I'm working on a couple other levels, right now I'm doing some episode 3 IL work that looks promising Smiley

Quote:
Someone needs to improve E1L5. That's like 20 seconds slow. If only the new route wasn't so insanely hard.

I keep going back and watching your video of the new trick!  It's really sweet.  The new route is amazing, it might be the trickiest IL route in the game now...
E1L5 is a lot of fun to work on, especially with the new trick! Smiley  Are you making attempts at that one?  I might race you for it...  (Hesitantly, I don't wanna steal anyone's thunder Smiley )

I'll be working on a vid explaining the water jump glitch I use in my run.  It's a bit finicky; mainly on 1.5 Atomic since they changed the movement code for the game a bit, making it a short window of opportunity trick (it seems to only have a couple frames/single frame? of leniency).  I can't seem to find the trick anywhere else -- hopefully it'll be helpful.