1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page:

Duck Tales (GB) (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Timing: I concur with 9:27 as the video suggests.
Cheating: none
A/V: as nice and crisp as GB gets.

Amazonas:
Nails the pogo jump off the vine after copter, that thing likes to troll.
Good boss fight.

Transylvania 1:
Stage looks pretty much flawless.
Great boss fight.

Mines:
The above applies here aswell.
Good boss fight.

Himalayas:
Slight miss on the second to last snow hare.
Great boss fight.

Moon:
Probably the most luck dependant stage in the run with all the damage boosts and health drops required from enemies.
Good boss fight.
Slight miss on the treasure chest unfortunately.

Transylvania 2:
Great boss fight.
No luck on the pogo jump onto the chain ascent towards last chest, but no big deal.

Compared to its NES counterpart, the GB version is extremely clunky and doesn't play fluid at all. There aren't that many tricks to comment on, the run is about playing solid and minimizing mistakes, it's an extremely unforgiving game to speedrun.

In conclusion, DREAM AND FRIENDS. Also ACCEPT.

Quote:
Audio and Video are fine, no signs of cheating. This is a quite straight forward game after all.

Overall the run is pretty sweet. Good luck with the moon stage, good hitboxes on the enemies combined with a poor control over Uncle Scrooge.
There were some minor hicups as the runner says. I believe you can save time, more than 2 seconds. Maybe up to 10 seconds, but that takes some very insane good gameplay and luck on moon stage.

- Stuck in snow
- Stuck on some ledges while moving.
- Maybe could have jumped of some ladders and started pogo sooner.
- Maybe damage boost on one bat instead of hitting the stone on it.

These are all VERY minor "mistakes" and the runner isnt to be blamed for. I know the game isnt very forgiving when it comes to the controller and too the not-so-fast gameplay and lag compaired to NES which is fluent.

Final time: 9:27

This is an easy accept. Congrats!

Quote:
Amazon-
Hit from bee seems intentional, since waiting would waste time. LAUNCHPAD, GET THAT NOISY HELICOPTER OUT OF HERE.

Small bit of getting stuck on a block before boss and an unfortunate hit on the boss, both cost less than a second total. Good job here!

Transylvania-
Nothing much to say here, just great execution! Very nice boss kill, too! I honestly see little to no room for improvement here.

Mines-
I still never understood the point of sending the player back to Transylvania. I guess if they wanted to collect more money?

Another few small cases of being semi-stuck on blocks, but that's hard to avoid with the GB version's clunky controls. As expected, they cost very little time. Judging by your health, you can probably take one extra hit from one of the bats earlier. Worth experimenting on for anyone that wants to improve on the time, maybe? Still VERY fast.

Himilayas-
Still very speedy, only mistake was getting stuck in the snow for practically half a second. OH NO! Great work here.

Moon-
I would be killing myself if I had to take this route, great utilization of the drops.

I feel really silly for not knowing the fast way out of the remote room! Sheesh, that's a lot less tedious. Great damage boosting through the last corridor, even if it means you're stuck with one health against the most random boss. Speaking of which, the boss goes down with no trouble. Nice work!

Final stage-
Creators must have really liked Transylvania to make you go there three times.

Once again, the stage goes nearly perfectly. Good boss fight, unfortunate that you weren't at just the right spot to be climbing the rope right away. Very little time lost.

I feel like I would be uncool if I didn't include DREAM AND FRIENDS in my verification response, so there it is.

Time is 9:27, audio and video are good, no cheating detected.

Accepted.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Dave 'bangerra' Janssens!
Thread title:  
Thank you for the accept and the nice comments overall!
Glad I'm done with this game too, it's quite clunky indeed.
Now go congratulate dxtr for his NES DuckTales run, 'cause that's way more impressive than this one! =)
Smörgåsbord
Congrats bangerra! Cheesy
Speedrunner
Yay Bangerra! Nicely done. And what i meant with "Combined with poor control over uncle scrooge" is that the games control is bad. not you! Cheesy
I know that's what you meant, don't worry Wink