1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/Drakan.html

Drakan: Order of the Flame (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Well this run resembles nothing of how I know the game, haha. Audio/Video quality is fine, I didn't notice any desyncs or splicing. No cheating was observed either.

As for comments... The out-of-bounds glitches destroy this game. There's a whole bunch of different aspects you never see because the run skips all of them. I recall this game being incredibly crash happy so I'm pleasantly surprised to see that a single-segment run is doable. It's been so long since I've played the game that I can't really criticise the route, but it looked solid enough. Accept.

Quote:
Well, after this run, watching my old 5 years segmented run (but still the current sda run! ) looks so long and un-optimized. The runner optimized every aspects and even used new glitches.

Comments for each level:

* Ruined Village: the new Sword block flying glitch skips almost the whole level.

* Wartok Canyons & Grimstone Mines: the runner found some major skip by clipping through gates and surrounding at specific places.

* Grotto: same as wartok canyons

* Island/Bell Tower:  this part is smart: I remember trying to completely skip Alwarren by clipping through the mountain and force the next level to trigger but it always lead to crash because I used arokh for doing so. The runner
forced the trigger with Rynn alone and it looks like it works : huge skip !

* Fortress : impoved OoB

* Island (night): why didn't the runner use the sword block flying glitch until the end of the level ? I guess it's because
of game crashes?

* Succubus Lair:  some "clipping through doors" aren't faster than the normal route, but I guess there are safer for a SS run.

* Volcano: clipping 4 times through lava !!

* Rift World: one more clip through the mountain ! this guy can clip from wherever he wants ^^

Great run, new glitches + large skips + strong execution with almost no visible mistakes! Guess what, it gives a very good time !
The runner must have practised a lot!
Congrats and Accept

Quote:
It's been a few years since I last played Drakan, but when I signed up to verify I figured I had enough working knowledge of the combat system to provide some insight.

Suffice to say that idea lasted about 10 seconds into video when the runner proceeded to break the game's 3D engine over his knee and pretty much never stopped until the very end. Oh well.

Overall the run is an entertaining watch and has a very high video and audio quality throughout. As mentioned by the other verifier, a non-out of bound run would also be nice to have on the site as it would show off more of the game, but this one definitely deserves to be posted.

Decision: Accept. 

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Patrik 'Pafi' Varjotie!
Thread title: