Smiley
Sad
page  <- 12345678910 <- 1 ... 10
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
I did a little more experimentation and found a way to eliminate the need for Fade Step to get over the corner of the invisible wall. Now it just takes an easy slingshot and is easily repeatable. I made a vid that shows how. It's critical to get the positioning of the Tactical waypoint just right, or else you go slingshot to a random spot. One time I got into an infinite slingshot loop that went straight up high over the map, screens after the vid.

Sceenshots of the slingshot loop:

twitch.tv/letterswords
dang, that's really cool. Glad you were able to find something that works.
twitch.tv/letterswords
Saw this on reddit today and it could potentially completely break the game:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/323ri4/dai_spoilers_cant_access_what_pride_has_wrought/

I haven't found a way to replicate it yet, but I'm currently on the newest patch so maybe I'll need to try older patches? Potentially might be a console-only thing too. Of course, it being useful would also be contingent upon the follow-up mission showing up on the war table, and not just it marking the mission as completed. Even if that doesn't happen, maybe if you could travel out of Adamant Fortress or the Winter Palace and then do the other one normally afterwards it would still trigger What Pride Had Wrought?
Oh my, that's really cool. Good to know that there are some alternative ways to trigger slingshot glitches, which makes me a bit excited. Might be able to do some routing and some slingshot hunting in the near future, and maybe some runs. Gotta pass you in the Casual Any% category, Letterswords. \èAé/

I still have patch 1 on my game, so I'll see if I can find something on that tomorrow as I have a day off.

Will you only be doing speedruns on the dragons, PapaCharlie9?
Edit history:
letterswords: 2015-04-16 09:21:01 am
letterswords: 2015-04-16 09:20:41 am
letterswords: 2015-04-16 09:12:21 am
twitch.tv/letterswords
You picked a good/bad time to pick it up again, as I picked it up again yesterday. I'll probably be doing some any% casual first then moving on to nightmare (I'm sure that route could use some work). Also, I took a quick look at the route for all dragons run, here's what I have:

Normal route through Skyhold
Crestwood duping, meet Stroud (need to in order to unlock Western Approach), Dam quest
Get Suledin Keep, Get schematics, get operation to repair bridge
Craft weapons (and armor?), get some power/influence as well.
Kill Crestwood Dragon (Lightning) + Hinterlands Dragon (Fire) (2)
    Potentially Relevant loot: +10 const amulet, Focus Belt (Hinterlands)
                              Guard belt, life drain ring (Crestwood)
(Dupe and craft tier 4 weapons?)
Western Approach->Dragon quest line, kill dragon (fire). (3)
      Loot: solas amulet of power, armor pen. ring
Exalted Plains->get operation, drop off any glands kill dragon (lightning) (4)
      Loot: dex amulet
Emerald Graves Dragon (ice) (5)
    Loot: helm inquisitor, amulet of power sera
Storm Coast clip->Vinsomer (6)
    Loot: useless (maybe worth doing earlier for Master dragon rune schematic?)
Hissing Wastes->Tomb of Fariel->Dragon (7)
    Loot: stamina amulet
Emprise Du Lion dragons (10)
  Ice, useless loot
  Ice, useless loot
  Fire
Also, we may want to get the Dragon slaying rune schematic from bonny sims.
which requires giant spider glands to craft (maybe caves in crestwood?)

Also, as far as the normal run goes I had a few ideas:
If we can get hook & tackle (upgraded version) on a rogue (doesn't have to be the inquisitor), that may be potentially faster in areas with lots of enemies than travelling with fade step (so maybe Adamant Fortress and Temple of Mythal. I guess maybe in the templar area as well if we can get it that early) since it requires no stamina and has no cooldown. Also, I was thinking about seeing if we can abuse the fact that Sera under the effects of Flask of Lightning moves really fast when she isn't under our direct control.
Edit history:
DashingSplash: 2015-04-16 09:46:32 am
I think that it might be necessary to obtain some Silverite (as I do in the Nightmare run) to get Heavy Armor to all party members. Especially, since some of the dragons will be at a rather high level. But, I'm sure that it is possible to do without (still faster with extra survivability I would say).

As for Hoock & Tackle, it seems like a really neat ability and might prove useful in some areas:

As for your route, I've actually not killed any dragons in the game before. Well, one perhaps, but that's about it so I can't really tell if the route is bad or good! Something I will have to try out if I feel like the dragon run would be fun to try out.
twitch.tv/letterswords
Yeah, I was thinking about going for better armor as well, but I don't know. I think its possible it actually be worth (for the dragon run at least) to play as rogue and get a tempest specialization so you have 2 tempests. It isn't actually that time consuming to get tempest from what I can see, maybe 5 minutes? That already might be too slow to make up the time, but I'm not sure.
Edit history:
PapaCharlie9: 2015-04-21 09:50:29 pm
I gave up on doing dragons as a speedrun, for nightmare anyway. In my practice runs, I barely survived the dragon in Emerald Graves with Tier 2 gear and it takes way too long to farm Tier 3 gear without duping (I'm on patch 5, so no duping).

Instead, I switched to a different kind of challenge. What's the lowest experience level attainable after killing all 10 dragons? XP is the enemy, instead of time. I'm finding the challenge very similar to a speedrun in terms of experimenting/planning. I've done one run and set a benchmark at Level 19 + 6868 XP.

A casual speedrun at all 10 dragons is still feasible, though, even without duping. I might do that at some point.
twitch.tv/letterswords
You can easily switch back to Patch 1 if you so desire (just back up the equivalent files already in your install folder and your saves): http://www.mediafire.com/download/bbnbzd7404a303f/patch1files%282%29.rar

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Rolling-back-to-pre-patch-state/m-p/4271439#M43799 If you need help figuring out exactly what to do.