Sad
page  <- 12345678910 -> <- 1 .. 8 .. 10 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
twitch.tv/letterswords
Pre-skyhold you can get tier 2 weapon schematics in val royeaux (they dont have masterwork slots though). Also, I think there are armor schematics there too, so if you want you could grab those. Might allow you to skip out on hissing wastes as there isnt a huge difference in armor rating between tier 2 and tier 3 heavy armor IIRC (assuming you are still using silverite)
Quote from letterswords:
Pre-skyhold you can get tier 2 weapon schematics in val royeaux (they dont have masterwork slots though). Also, I think there are armor schematics there too, so if you want you could grab those. Might allow you to skip out on hissing wastes as there isnt a huge difference in armor rating between tier 2 and tier 3 heavy armor IIRC (assuming you are still using silverite)

Oh yea, totally forgot about the tier 2 schematics in Val Royeaux!
There is a bit of a difference between the tier 2 and 3 armor (~80 armor rating), but the Legion of the Dead armor schematic is only for Dwarven-trained (even with Silverite). And, it takes a long time to get to the place, and the tier 2 armor is good enough at 200 armor (Silverite).

I think I'll do my first Nightmare run with tier 3 weapons from Suledin Keep, and I might be able to do it on Friday evening, or Saturday evening.
twitch.tv/letterswords
Oh I also forgot about this list of all unique items locations. Maybe worth getting some of them in nightmare: www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2q51tv/complete_list_of_unique_weapons_and_armor_with/

No idea if anything is worth grabbing, but when you asked about good stuff pre-skyhold I forgot to link this in addition to the tier 2 schematics. Also, I think your best option in terms of materials if you do craft pre-skyhold is the obsidian you get in the fade-touched obsidian chest.
Doesn't look like any of it will be useful. Will start a nightmare run in half an hour or so btw.
twitch.tv/letterswords
Run went okay. 3:26:XX. I got 2nd try plaidweave (found an okay place to farm it in Haven), which saved a bunch of time, but a lot of other stuff went poorly: died right at the end of turning the wheel on the final trebuchet, which lost around 3.5 minutes. Had some weird stuff happen in the fade, another 1-1.5 minutes. Sera died twice to Calpernia, another 3.5 minutes. And Corypheus was a piece of shit. I had the overdamage or whatever softlock that you saw a few times in your stream, so I guess we just have to try to do that phase without thousand cuts. A couple sera deaths also on the final boss fight.

I think the safest strategy for Corypheus now is basically going to be controlling Sera the entire time, using stealth/flask of lightning to avoid damage. Then when corypheus gets to the area where the dragon comes down, instead of using thousand cuts, use inquisitor+solas' focus abilities. Control sera through the dragon fight, leading off with a thousand cuts, followed by stealth/flask of lightning to avoid damage, then use it again ASAP. I think I was able to kill dragon with 2x thousand cuts and avoided having to deal with guard at all, not sure if i can expect that to always occur though (as long as i'm using flask of lightning) or if it was just luck.
twitch.tv/letterswords
Uh, so I saw this on reddit today:

Looks like our theories about the Corypheus fight could be wrong. Also, this presumably is on patch 3.
Quote from letterswords:
Uh, so I saw this on reddit today:

Looks like our theories about the Corypheus fight could be wrong. Also, this presumably is on patch 3.

To be honest, the whole Corypheus fight has been unstable since release, so it has probably never been fixed...Now, we still need to figure out why this happens. An ability or effect that's on Corypheus (sounds far-fetched though)? The only party member, excluding inquisitor that was used was Sera...Maybe a mage ability, or one of Seras abilities?
twitch.tv/letterswords
This guy has Sera dead, so it probably isn't her. I really have no idea what could potentially cause it if it isn't doing too much damage. Maybe it could be a dialogue thing (like he needs to have made one of his random shouts during combat in that area, or if you trigger the cutscene at the same time as when it is trying to have him make one of his combat shouts)?
Quote from letterswords:
This guy has Sera dead, so it probably isn't her. I really have no idea what could potentially cause it if it isn't doing too much damage. Maybe it could be a dialogue thing (like he needs to have made one of his random shouts during combat in that area, or if you trigger the cutscene at the same time as when it is trying to have him make one of his combat shouts)?

Yea, a conversation triggered during my fights between Corypheus and Vivienne or something like that. So, perhaps we need to let all but Sera die, and then use the combo to ensure that we don't soft lock? Just unequip armor on the other characters and put them under a meteorite; will have to check it out though. If we do the Mark of the Rift in the first phase we should have done enough damage to get him down with one combo-wombo. I'm unsure how it will affect the beginning of the dragon fight, as I'm unsure if our party members will have respawned again...And, they won't have the good armor on either.

Maybe there is a better way to do it.
twitch.tv/letterswords
No idea. I think next time I stream (probably Thursday) I'll dedicate some time to testing the fight out before I do a run, hopefully I can figure some things out.
Quote from letterswords:
No idea. I think next time I stream (probably Thursday) I'll dedicate some time to testing the fight out before I do a run, hopefully I can figure some things out.

Sounds great! I'll probably do a bit of testing on Friday or Saturday if you can't find anything; if you do find something I'll probably try that aswell.
Edit history:
letterswords: 2015-01-22 10:03:56 pm
twitch.tv/letterswords
3:08:28 Smiley

Good Corypheus fight (had to reload once because dragon killed Sera, but otherwise went great), not too many other big mistakes. Unfortunately my stream went down twice, so I don't have a single video I can link to yet (you can check the VODs if you want), but I have a backup recording that I'll put on youtube after I time out the loads. Probably room for at least 3-4 minutes of improvement with current strategies, but it wouldn't be easy.
Quote from letterswords:
3:08:28 Smiley

Good Corypheus fight (had to reload once because dragon killed Sera, but otherwise went great), not too many other big mistakes. Unfortunately my stream went down twice, so I don't have a single video I can link to yet (you can check the VODs if you want), but I have a backup recording that I'll put on youtube after I time out the loads. Probably room for at least 3-4 minutes of improvement with current strategies, but it wouldn't be easy.

Holy crap! Great work! <öAö> How was the Plaideweave RNG? That's certainly a sub 3 hour~!

I'll probably work on the Nightmare run this weekend, and casual will have to wait a tiny bit. But, there should be improvements we can make. :3
Edit history:
letterswords: 2015-01-24 12:34:49 am
letterswords: 2015-01-23 12:17:14 pm
twitch.tv/letterswords
Plaidweave was second try again like my previous run. Gonna be hard to beat that.

EDIT: Also, time w/o loads is 2:41:39. So well under 3 hours. Around 27 minutes of loads.

Quote from letterswords:
Plaidweave was second try again like my previous run. Gonna be hard to beat that.

EDIT: Also, time w/o loads is 2:41:39. So well under 3 hours. Around 27 minutes of loads.

Really nice run, and I must say: really lucky with the Plaideweave. I tried it out, and I must have been really unfortunate as I had to try 50 times before I got my plaideweave. ö -ö Found a better spot though. I'll modify the route a bit with FlyinElks advice and do a casual run, and perhaps a Nightmare run afterwards.

Awesome time btw! Sub 2:30 next? x)
twitch.tv/letterswords
RNG is RNG I guess; where did you decide to go to farm it? That'll probably be the worst thing about trying to improve this run. I'm not sure yet if sub 2:30 w/o loads would be possible (especially since the time without loads doesn't benefit as much from not dying as time with loads), but somewhere in the mid to high 2:30s should be reasonable.
Edit history:
DashingSplash: 2015-01-24 09:15:31 am
Yes, but since it is so early we could just reset if there is bad RNG. I also found a better spot than the one you used since we get two containers to loot...Or, perhaps one can't get Plaideweave from pots? Apparently, it doesn't look like it, but I could be wrong.

Btw, up for a Skype call? I'm trying some stuff out, and I've come up with a new route pre-Skyhold.
twitch.tv/letterswords
I could probably do a skype call, when are you planning to stream (like just say how long from now I guess to make it clear).
I'll probably stream once I've checked the new Pre-Skyhold route, so in 40 minutes perhaps? Just need to get a good spot to get Plaideweave, and I'll be using a 2-handed warrior. I noticed that with the search function you can get in 35.5 swings in 30 seconds instead of 25.5 swings in 30 seconds, and the 2-handed weapon does a lot more damage than the mages.

Feel free to log into Skype.
twitch.tv/letterswords
Ok, I have some stuff I need to do first, but I'll pop on skype once I'm done. Should be just in time for your stream or a little before.
Will have to run through the templar quest first, so might be a bit later than 15 minutes from now (6 PM my time).
Edit history:
DashingSplash: 2015-01-26 10:49:30 am
Finished my first Nightmare speedrun with a time of 5:12:25 with loading screens and 4:35:16 without loading screens; some trouble with the Haven raid, and the Winter Palace, but I now know how to fix that. I also forgot to upgrade my Mighty Offense, and also equip it etc. A lot of small things.

Btw, managed to get the Corypheus skip into dragon cutscene. x)
twitch.tv/letterswords
nice job. But yeah, that is way too long for me to ever want to do a run XD
The frames
Congratulations , need to watch it sometime later when I get the time :p , and Haven raid is always fun right ? <3
Quote from letterswords:
nice job. But yeah, that is way too long for me to ever want to do a run XD

Thanks. (:

I made plenty of errors, so a sub 4 hour should be possible without loads. A sub 4 hour with loads is probably possible depending on if one has an SSD or not.