nate: 2016-03-17 08:46:46 am
nate: 2016-03-16 10:34:04 pm
nate: 2016-03-16 09:59:53 pm
nate: 2016-03-16 09:14:28 pm
nate: 2016-03-16 09:00:19 pm
nate: 2016-03-16 08:25:50 pm
nate: 2016-03-16 08:09:16 pm
nate: 2016-03-16 08:02:20 pm
the forum/queue/kb server locked up again today and i saw the writing on the wall so i decided to move us to a new server.

as you can see, the forum is back, but i still have some work to do, and i'm asking uraniumanchor to handle the queue and radix to handle email.

left to do:
  • knowledge base
  • submit uploads (client)
  • submit uploads (torrent)
  • live run files
  • torrent downloads
  • verification files
  • staging files (sdanew)

edit 9:25 pm cdt: just fixed attaching files.
Thread title:  
I'm addicted to games
As a result of the new server, I am considering shutting down the SDA irc service. I've been idling on it for over a decade, but in the last few years the conversations are nearly non-existent. I know IRC is old school tech so a lot of people have moved onto other mediums... but I just thought I'd mention it here just in case anybody thinks this is a horrible idea.
If you don't want to host it then maybe we can just move to QuakeNet? That's where the marathon channels are anyway.
Or to SRL irc.

I do feel as though an official IRC channel still ought to exist.
are there extra server costs or hardware costs (something about broken hardware?) involved in this?
not really. i'm paying a bit more but it's not significant. i felt like the new server was a pretty good deal.
The Great Farming Empire
Quote from Freezard:
If you don't want to host it then maybe we can just move to QuakeNet? That's where the marathon channels are anyway.

I honestly wouldn't mind just moving to QuakeNet. It certainly makes it a lot faster and easier to get on.
Invisible avatar
I still have ops in #sda on QuakeNet so that can be done.
Edit history:
Corrodias: 2016-03-24 05:56:27 pm
I'd like to hear from people what their experience is with QuakeNet from a stability standpoint. I get disconnected from that network a LOT, far more often than from espernet, freenode, and rizon.

Although, really, it's just servercentral.il.us.quakenet.org that I'm connecting to, the only server in the US. Are there others that offer a better experience?

edit: Switching servers has at least gotten me one day of stability so far. That's a good sign.
Never had problems with QuakeNet stability but I'm using the Swedish server. Obviously now and then connection goes down but not more than any other server.