--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Doom 64 (ntscus) (n64) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Phillip 'ZELLLOOO' Shanklin!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Doom 64 (ntscus) (n64) [Any %] [Single Segment]

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/doom64-20160419/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.
Edit history:
TheKeeperSA: 2016-05-11 10:13:01 pm
A/V is good despite the fact that Doom 64 is a very dark game.

No cheating

Run starts at 0:05 and ends at 32:41, making it a 32:36 total time run.

Doom 64 is a difficult game, even at the easiest setting. Opposition is strong and powerful monsters (Barons of Hell and Hell Knights) make fast appearances and are numerous. Lost Souls are murderous too. The maps are huge labyrinths and the runner knows the way in each of them, even clipping through certain walls to speed things up.

Doom games are highly RNG dependant ans despite this the runner makes it though the games fast, with little execution mistakes.

Verdict : ACCEPT
This is the fastest run of a game/category that has already seen some activity and been pushed quite far. As the run comments suggest, there is still room for improvement in several places. However, the run looks both technical and heavy on the RNG, so lowering the time won't be an easy task. Overall, an entertaining and well played run. Good job!

Accept
Decision posted.
Thanks for the verification and accept! I will improve this category at some point but want to get a Watch Me Die run up first.
Out of curiosity, would you consider running a 100% category (Unmaker, 3 demonic keys) ? Or is 100% UV-max on all levels?
100% would be UV/WMD-Max, yeah. I have no interest in routing it out at the moment but maybe down the road.