--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2013-11-29 02:12:30 pm
UraniumAnchor: 2013-11-14 03:53:38 pm
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/DonkeyKongJungleBeat.html

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (100%) (Single Segment)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Zack 'PiePusher11' Maher!
Thread title:  
Run Information

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (100%) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/dkjb100/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Nov. 28, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
Uh for one, this run is 100%, not any%, not sure why it says Any% under run information. The verification file is even labeled dkjb100. I'll get to verifying once I've watched the video.
Edit history:
LotBlind: 2013-11-20 08:40:25 am
LotBlind: 2013-11-20 07:34:20 am
FINISHED COMMENTS

A/V:
29:33 has maybe half a second of missing footage. Looks like the bird was hit for the initial 5 hp in-between. I don't see any incongruity before and after.
59:01 Another little video skip. Probably no longer than the first.

Most worlds improve on the old IL table times.

vs. Bloat Hog: Took a hit here that looked unintended, maybe 7 secs lost.
Aurora Glacier: Missing a skip costs 4-ish seconds.
Deep Sea Sprint: 8 secs lost on missing first two attempts on a skip.
Gloat Hog: I get the impression this isn't quite optimal, maybe 5 seconds lost?
Magma Coliseum: maybe 15 secs lost to mistakes here + by whatever the coconut monkeys could be improved by.
+small mistakes here and there

So this should be a good time for a single segment run.

ACCEPT
Beyond what LotBlind mentioned, I noticed what looked like a couple random dropped frames here and there, but they were barely noticeable.  The numbers match up before and after both major footage drops and everything else is fine, so I'll give the A/V a pass.

All and all this is a really good run, there weren't many mistakes and the runner maintained good execution throughout almost the entire run (let's be honest, Magma Coliseum was pretty ugly).  Accept
Not a walrus
Decision posted.
Ok, i didn't notice those two video encoding problems, sorry about that.

Bloat-Hog - Yeah, I meant to catch that first coconut.
Aurora Glacier - I was pretty pissed myself, that I missed that skip.
Deep Sea Sprint - That clip has a 4-frame window. TO STOP CLAPPING. I personally accept anything 4 or less tries.
Gloat-Hog - Yes, not perfect, but please, cut me SOME slack, with a single segment run. I can't be 100% perfect all the time. With how hard this game is, I'm happy I got a run with this few mistakes.
And yes, Magma Coliseum was terrible.

Other than those, though, this run was VERY good, and coming from the runner, I think that means something. Based on every run I've ever done, the sum of my best splits is only around 30 seconds better than this, IIRC.

I'm basically the only person to ever really run this game, so I had to come up with every route, every strat, entirely myself (with a couple exceptions, like IWC, the Aurora Glacier skip, and the asteroid skip). I'm aware that not everything in this run is completely optimal, but until I get some competition, and I have a reason to run this game again, this is as good a run as we're gonna get. Thank you, for accepting this run, this really means a lot to me. It makes me feel like these last 3 years of work I put into running this game really means something.
Whoops, looks like I'd missed this verification... would have accepted it without a doubt, though. Very few rough spots and hesitations for a 100% run, which can be pretty unforgiving when you're trying to cut the beat requirements closely. Congrats, PiePusher!
Pie: Public verification is like this. Not everyone will even know the game so we just have to comment on what we see. I like to keep track of almost everything that looks like a mistake and tally them up and try to establish how difficult the gameplay looks mostly based on the rest of the run to compare the run execution with. And of course if it's SS or ILs and how long the run is.

Anyway it was clear the run had evolved a lot since the ILs cause you even got better times on many worlds.
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
Ditto yoshi.  Don't know how I missed this in verification...