1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (100 %) (Individual Level)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
err.. Flip, we might have a problem with the run.

On World 4 (apple) at around 2:20, the video skips momentarily before continuing  I don't know if this is a bad file or that I have bad luck, but I don't know if this is something of concern.

something also happens at world 11 at 3:44 but that isn't as bad.

Other than that, I saw all the ILs and the runner had a very good idea of what needed to be done to get platinum on all the stages.  Very fun to see the first speed run that has nothing to do with a controller (or so I think this is the first one).  All the same, if the quality is passable in spite of those two small parts, I say accept all.

Quote:
Flipper!  Checking in to get this underway.

I had the same issue with the Melon and Apple Kingdoms.  I think the runner should be contacted for an explanation.  Maybe the files can be resubmitted?  On one hand it does detract and may be a quality issue.  On the other, the game play is more than consistent throughout, so I don't think there's anything malicious happening.  As stated, the runner nails the planning.  I was personally waiting for the chili pepper kingdom as the first part is the most combo friendly in the game and the runner does not disappoint.  Also, I was wondering about Double Tusk.  This fight has the only error/hit.  But c'mon, it's double tusk.  I think even the runner anticipated this as it's the only kingdom where he goes overboard on the beats.  The other kingdoms have it down to within a couple beats over 1200 which is pretty impressive. 
  So as long as the video issues can be put to bed, I give an absolute ACCEPT.  And you can take that to the bank cause you know I take my Donkey Kong seriously...

Decision: Accept

Reason: The two video blips will be taken care of in post-verification, the run itself is great.

Congratulations to Zack 'PiePusher11' Maher!
Thread title:  
Grats on the accept PiePusher!!! Cheesy
I'm not sure what happened with those three files, but, I re-encoded them, and there aren't any problems anymore. Not really sure what to do with the videos, I hope putting them here isn't a problem.
Edit history:
UraniumAnchor: 2013-04-01 04:42:59 pm
Not a walrus
Normally you'd PM to nate or attach them to the run via the My Runs page, but this is fine.

Edit: Except you don't have the right tracker information in it.
I'm sorry, this is the first time I've submitted a run, so I wasn't really sure what to do about it. Also my first time doing anything with torrents, so I don't really know what I'm doing with that, either. Sorry about that.
Not a walrus
It's fine, the torrent interface is actually kinda new. Did you get it figured out?
I think so, I'm not really sure. The graph on the bottom looks like something's happening, so I think it worked, lol.