List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/DonkeyKongCountry.html

Single-Segment All-Levels run

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Video/Audio is fine and no cheating that I can see.

The run is a pretty clear accept on the basis that it obsoletes a segmented run. However it's only ~15s faster than Silent Wolf's time I believe, which means this run could well be beaten soon. I do have a few gripes with this run, as follows:

1. The death and other errors, which aren't insignificant for a run of this length, mean sub 31:00 is possible even without getting any further jump rolls or playing perfectly (though I admit it would have to be a very tight run).

2. OK my main problem is the exclusion of a 50s time saver (tanked up trouble jump roll). Yes it's 27 mins in and very hard to pull off, but the run's only half an hour anyway. If you went for it and got it, you could comfortably get sub 31 with over 10s allowed for more mistakes. From what I can see, the runner got 3 runs within the space of a few weeks, any of which would have been sub 31 with the 50s time saver (give or take a few seconds). Even if this wasn't the case I'd be pushing for including the trick and just sticking at it.

I don't mean to sound too harsh; obviously the runner has done many DKC runs and this is a good run, but I just think he should have pushed himself more for this one.

Anyway - accept.

Quote:
Thanks [obsoleted], I didn't see that. The audio and video are good. The run looks good, there where only a few mistakes but didn't affect the outcome. I didn't see any cheating.

accept

Quote:
Tjp is quite the talented DKC player. Over the years he's gained a level of familiarity with this game that allows him and Diddy to roll their way to victory. He's also nice enough to let DK tag along for the ride.

Its a very enjoyable run to watch, as far as things like locomotion and strategies go (the former in particular being exceptionally well done.)

That being said, this is speed demos ARCHIVE, and I would very much like to have the timesaver [obsoleted] mentioned to be archived here in a future run. Being that this run is as entertaining as it is, I'm going to let that slide.

Highlight is probably the first level of the snow world, which fits into the 'holy shit' category of things.

No cheating.
A/V rocks

No deaths next time, please. You're a quality runner and I know you have it in you.

Till then, Accept, & Grats

Quote:
Sorry I don't check this site too often. Not sure if it's too late but I'll say a few things

Everything in terms of the general legitimacy of the run appear acceptable. No cheating, audio/video look alright.

I think that since those are ok, and this obsoletes the previous run, that should be enough to accept. The old run is way outdated and I really don't think that the standard DKC run should be seen as a multiple segment run, so it would be good to get rid of the old one.

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Timothy 'tjp7154' Peters!
Thread title:  
Congrats tjp!
Congratulatory dance for you

bb dd db bd
Caution: This user contains Kana ^_^
Congratulations! You may now treat yourself to a banana Wink
Is PJ
Congrats, tjp!  ^_^
Moo! Flap! Hug!
Congrats, tjp!  I can't wait to see this one!
Smörgåsbord
Congrats tjp! One heck of a run! Cheesy
Sandbagging
Congratulations TJP!
General Kong - Bullets and Bananas
This makes DK happy.  Nice tjp.  thumbsup
#Casual
I'm so glad this got accepted!  There's still a remote possibility that I'll decide I want to submit a better run...

Anyway, thanks all!
Ganondorf = Donkey Kong LOOK IT UP!!
Nice TJP. This shit was a long time coming! <3

Submit a better run? DO IT!!!!
#Casual
Oh, as far as that time saver -- my next submission WILL have it.  I will not submit if I don't get the Tanked Up Trouble jumproll, or die.
Formerly known as Skullboy
Looking forward to seeing this. Congrat's tjp7154!
<(^_^)>
grats tjp Smiley
dabes
tjp dabes
Quote:
Thanks [obsoleted],

Don't you mean, [redacted]? Wink
1-Up!
Actually I meant [omitted] lol.