1 page
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/DonkeyKongCountry3.html

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (Any %) (Single Segment) (ntscus) (vc)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Checked the MQ out, A/V is fine, no cheating.

I want to be MorKs when I grow up. Accept.

I don't envy whoever goes after an improvement on this...

Quote:
A/V good, no cheating spotted.

There's a couple of forehead slappers, like the ghost barrel near the end, but for the most part the run is incredibly solid and this game is very unforgiving so I can look past the few moments of oops.

That and it's two minutes faster than the current run. 0:43 game time, roughly 50:12 real time (starting from when Dixie lands in the water and ending when the Bonus Coin is picked up at the end).

Accept.

Quote:
HQ A/V good, cheating not detected anywhere, 50:12 timingish concurred.

Glad to see a great run of the least liked DKC, my personal favorite. Had no clue about that Squid Missile strat on Barbos, that thing was the bane of my existence on my first playthrough back in the day. Few mistakes here and there that don't waste too much time really, and runner is upfront about them so nothing glaring at all.

ACCEPT

Quote:
HQ A/V good, cant find any cheating aswell.

Nice run, couldn't do it better, just found few situation in which you could have saved few seconds. Summarizing: Great run and

ACCEPT!

Quote:
AV Good, no cheating, et cetera, you've already seen this.

This run shows very high standard of play. There are a few flops in some places, but in general you can see the runner has made a large effort in this game. Almost everything is deliberate, and as a result is a very entertaining watch.

I'd say there's not a lot else that could be done to shorten the time, however I'm ready and willing to be proven otherwise.

Accept.

Quote:
Audio/video good. I trust the RTA time indicated by the runner. In-game is 0:43. Given that no one else can get this version now (VC), I think it's safe to say that you're set for keeping this around for a while.

I had some comments, but they're very trite, and the runner knows what he did well and where he (extremely mildly) messed up. If there's anything I love about verification, it's listening to the VG tunes that each game has. This is no exception.

Also, at the end of 6-3, I didn't know you could boost jump off of shield dudes like that.

Given how garbage 7-2 is to speedrun, I think you did just fine.

Runner had excellent execution. Runner also had excellent improvisation for when things went wrong. Well done!

Also, MorKs, thanks so much for bringing some additional hype for this game to the SRL community. It was exciting seeing your progress and seeing these races happening, even though it isn't as popular of a game as its predecessors. For anyone else that doesn't know, he streams, and you can watch him: http://twitch.tv/MorKsQC

ACCEPT!

Quote:
Certainly there were a few facepalm worthy moments, but the run overall was quite good. A definite accept!

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Marc-Alain 'MorKs' Bouchard!
Thread title:  
superspeed- aronomous
Can't wait to see the run.
Was it done on hard mode or regular?
Not a walrus
Normal.
<(^_^)>
I have to thank the 6th verifier, since I always wanted to know if morks streamed or not. woo!

He's totally not seeing this thread on his stream as I am posting this right now
Thanks a lot for all the support guys! Smiley
By the way, for those who want to shit their pants : http://www.twitch.tv/morksqc/c/3055456
I got a 50:00 two days ago (49:57 SDA time) and was going to have 49:52 (49:49 SDA time), but a one-in-a-life glitch happened with K.Rool Sad
Quality isn't good though since I streamed it and not looking for SDA video quality atm...going to hit sub50 tonight or someday Smiley
Thanks again for all the encouragement, even though my game has been refused at AGDQ for now, I'm still going to hang out with everyone and have fun.
See ya Cheesy

MorKs
Exoray
Even more good news for you then: https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/agdq_2014_games_topic_round_2_the_salt_mines_305.html
KirbyMastah told me the news. I feel sad for Checkers :/ but I'm rly hype to participate to agdq Cheesy
"In-game is 0:43. Given that no one else can get this version now (VC), I think it's safe to say that you're set for keeping this around for a while."

Two thing on that sentence :

1. People who can hack their wii can get the .wad files still, so it's not impossible to get our hands on this VC game nowadays.
2 In-Game time is based only on "level" time, and since VC saves time on overworld, 0:43 is possible on any versions
THIS IS INSANE!!! I GOT 49:45 !!!!!
http://www.twitch.tv/morksqc/c/3127342
Congrats MorKs! 
<(^_^)>
welp screw this verification Tongue