--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/DonkeyKong64.html

Donkey Kong 64 (ntscus) (wiiu) [100 %] [Single Segment] [Deaths]

Verifier Responses

Quote:
2dos detailed his mistakes in the attached commentary, so instead of picking apart the run myself, I'll just provide some short commentary on the run as a whole.

This run is a lot cleaner than the current 101% run on the site. This run is probably 10 minutes off of a perfect run, and 8 minutes slower than 2dos's sum of best segments, which is very good for nearly 6 hours. The only mistakes I want to address are the bathroom break and the Castle tree miss, as they are probably the ugliest marks on the run.

For the bathroom break, I've spoken to 2dos and he attempted to use the Wii U Gamepad to control DK while using the bathroom, but his bathroom is far away from his TV, and hardware limitations desynced his inputs, forcing him to stand around instead. The Castle tree miss is indeed very ugly, and I can't defend that kind of mistake, but it's one worth looking past in a run this long. There are a couple more mistakes that are more than movement errors, but they don't stand out as far as these two. It's going to be a long time before someone can do a run without any glaring mistakes like that, and the 101% run on the site desperately needs an update. Overall, a very good run. The bigger mistakes are obvious, but nothing that lowers the quality of the run too far.

Quote from Bismuth:
There are some noticeable mistakes. Nintendo coin (losing a life and going too safe on the last level, costing about 40 seconds), accessing Chunky's 5-door ship in Galleon, and missing the Tree Golden Banana in Castle stand out the most. There are some movement errors costing a handful of seconds every now and then, and some sloppy balloons (Diddy R&D in Factory comes to mind), some missed GB dance skips; nothing really stands out as poor, just a few mistakes here and there. Some stuff is also very very good, so it balances things out. Seeing as this improves the current run on SDA by over three hours, it is definitely up to par for run quality. Audio and video are good; some audio issues in Galleon but that is just the Wii U VC itself and not the recording.

Quote from znernicus:
First, I just want to point out that this should be filed under Wii U VC, as this is not an N64 run.

2dos is a good runner and most sections in this run are WELL DONE. There were maybe only 3 or 4 glaring mistakes but none of which cost a huge amount of time, except maybe the Castle tree. This run is far better routed and far better played than the one currently on SDA and deserves to replace it.

The time of the run from the video appears to be 5:58:01

Decision: Accept

Reason: Apologies for the delay on this one. There was 7 verifiers, but this has already dragged out far longer than necessary.

Congratulations to Jorge Dosdos!
Thread title:  
Worthless categories WR master
Just to clarify, I said "this improves the current run on SDA by over three hours" thinking of the old 9:02 and not Cfox's 7:13. Excuse my mistake Roll Eyes