Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Flip: 2013-10-10 11:06:38 am
1-Up!
Game Page: http://speeddemosarchive.com/DLCQuest.html

DLC Quest (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
VERY slight modification to the coin route, gains less than half a second. Menuing is WAY better. Gains about 5-6 seconds. Does not hit the guy that gives the gun to the player closer to the spawn location, loss of about 2 seconds.

Still better than my run. Easy accept.

Timing note: This was played on the PC version. It has updates to the game like the timer and the dust when rubbing against a wall. The core game is untouched as far as I know. The timer starts before SDA timing would kick in at player control and ends after player loses control. But due to being the bad ending route, the game does not stop the timer. PC time starts after starting the game from the main menu and ends (I believe) on the last text box clear of a good ending playthrough.

I believe this run should 1: be timed from in game timer start to first frame of the last text box is gone, 2: obsolete my current run on SDA. I know console and PC are different categories, but this run CLEARLY beats my run with slightly better routing and MUCH better menuing.

Grats to the runner.

Quote:
Audio & Vidéo Quality : Not much to say, everything seems right, no desynch when there is sound.

This run is way better than the one on SDA but 2 things bother me.
1/ On a run this short I was expecting a 2 attempts super high jump max, each jump costs about 1s.
2/ This is the runner talking but I see an early route modification (before super high jump) that can easily saves 5s.

Except from that, the run is well executed and the only improvements I see is :
- In the cave where the runner miss his way in and out resulting in getting stuck for a while;
- After he met the troll, he loses some time in the "stairs".
These are very slight loses of time, 1-2s I think.

Since it's a great improvement compare to the run that's on SDA I suggest to accept this run.

About the difference 360/PC : You can't hit the NPC with your sword anymore making the trick with the gun-guy impossible. This can be an argument to obsolete the old run since 360 can be concidered as a "faster" platform.

Timing matter : I agree with [above], would make the run a 5:12.something.

Quote:
Video quality is good.  The audio mysteriously fades out for me not long into the video and suddenly the run becomes very creepy indeed... sounds like somebody didn't install the music/SFX DLCs.

I have the 360 version so I didn't know that you can't move the gun bloke otherwise I would have questioned that as well.  I agree that a run this short probably should have had tighter execution as the high jump took a few tries and there were minor pathing errors however the menuing was excellent, the route was improved and it's still a great run.  Also if the guy holding the current SDA run wants this to obsolete his who am I to argue?

Accept

Quote:
A/V good, no cheating. For such a brief run, I'll give a brief verdict. ACCEPT! But yeah, it was really well done. Even with the improvements that could be made, the run is pretty damn good and like the others have said, if the current SDA record holder wants it to obsolete his, why not? Tongue

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to 'CnEY?!'
Thread title: