--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
Edit history:
Flip: 2013-08-30 01:07:48 pm
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga (Any %) (Single Segment)

Decision: Accept

Congratulations to Patrik 'Pafi' Varjotie!
Thread title:  
1-Up!
Run Information

Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verification Files

http://v.speeddemosarchive.com/divinity2/

Please refer to the Verification Guidelines before posting. Verifications are due by Aug. 29, 2013.

Please post your opinions about the run and be certain to conclude your post with a verdict (Accept/Reject). This is not a contest where the majority wins - I will judge each verification on its content. Please keep your verification brief unless you have a good reason otherwise.

After 2 weeks I will read all of the verifications and move this thread to the main verification board and post my verdict.
The run looks as smooth as the run comments lead one to believe. A/V good, no cheating detected. Apparently the runner got good luck with items as well. The Ygerna's Memory fight: there must have been a reason why the summon spell wasn't used before long into the fight. In the part where you have to hit the four levers, it looked like maybe you could have used the "dash" attack, but i think that requires having the weapon out so I don't know what the implications of that are.

The more I look at the run the more amazing it becomes! I even thought for a while that it had to be segmented before checking. The last fight looks just INSANE hard.

timing 00:00:17 (gaining control of character after character creation) to 2:20:43 (killing blow on final boss) or 45 if it's until skipping the final cutscene.

ACCEPT
A/V Quality are both quite good.
I do not know this game well enough to be an authority on cheating, but I observed nothing that looked out of sorts.

Gameplay-wise, it looks quite smooth and for a single-segment, impressive; his fights with Ygerna's Memory and the final boss battle appeared to become very precarious and brutal with the level and gear the runner had and I was surprised he managed to survive either of them.

It's an accept from me.
First I want to say that I watched this at double speed. Not ideal, but I doubt that it matters for most of the things someone with my knowledge of the game/genre can actually comment on.
Experience with the game: none...

A/V: Looks good, but I have no knowledge of capturing from pc, so don't take my word for it.
Legitness: No obvious signs of anything strange going on. Still, without knowledge of the game, don't rely on me...

Without knowledge of the game or being more familiar with the genre, many aspects of the run are not possible to comment on. I will therefore divide the comments into sections of the gameplay.
Movement: Looks great. Faster movement than just walking is used as often as possible (or so it seems at least). It shows that the runner tries to go in as straight lines as possible, cut corners etc. There is the occasional bumping into an object, but it's pretty far in between. I couldn't spot anything major such as "falling down a ledge and having to climb back up".
Fighting: In general very aggressive fighting to end the battles as quickly as possible. The exceptions were mostly boss fights. They look difficult though, so I have no trouble understanding that you can't just trade hits.
Menu work: One of the drawbacks with playing back at double speed is that menu work always looks great... At least I couldn't see any long moments of hesitation.
Glitches: Unless something crazy happened during a moment of inattention from my side, there were no major glitches on display in the run. It looks like the kind of game that could potentially end up being broken in pieces, but it doesn't seem to be the case today (a quick google search didn't turn up much either). Therefore no long setup times for glitching out of bounds or similar.
Routing: Pretty much impossible to say much about this with my knowledge of the game. Routing is of course a major part in this speedrun though, so it's certainly a pity to leave this area completely without comments...

Overall: With all the disclaimers about my knowledge of the game and how I did this verification, I still want to say that this looks like a really solid speedrun and I recommend ACCEPTing it.
1-Up!
Decision posted.