Sad
<- 1  -   of 48 ->
--
--
List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
All bugs are beautiful
Blew my mind when I saw you doing this today Sloth. Has anyone found that hitting the 'false ledge' at the beginning of your jump boosts you further? I feel like when I hit it at the top of my own jump i get less of boost than when I hit immediately as I jump (which boosts me enough to get to the top). Every time I try to record with fraps I take a frame hit and then I struggle to hit the sweet spot. So maybe high frame rate helps you to hit the sweet spot early in the jump and therefore get the most momentum? Oh god saying sweet spot makes it sound so sexual...
I made a "Tutorial"

I found a Prison route with climb which seems to be a lot more consistent with low fps. It's slower than the "big climb" but still faster than regular prison. Is there any interest in the route? I would do a video if there is interest in it.
MATHEMATICS
I'd be interested in seeing it, Kalisthier.
Ok here it is. If I had to guess I'd say that this is 10-15 seconds slower than the big skip.

Edit history:
FearfulFerret: 2014-04-15 12:24:46 pm
It's possible to avoid the ledge climb animation, at least for Emily skip. Not sure how to do it, though.

EDIT: Also, I can't get the prison one for the life of me. I fly up maybe 4/5 of the way and it stops.
Edit history:
Dhul: 2014-04-15 03:25:59 pm
I have the same problem as Ferret and others, I cant climb all the way up, but I can get the other strats that Kaiishtier showed and they are pretty easy for me

Edit: Also, why is no one on IRC? Might as well start up a channel at #dishonored ?
Edit history:
FearfulFerret: 2014-04-15 03:38:27 pm
FearfulFerret: 2014-04-15 03:38:03 pm
As it turns out, my problem was FPS, but that opened up a whole new slew of problems. Dishonored limited my fps to 130 with fps smoothing, which you can disable by going into DishonoredEngine.ini (my documents/dishonored/dishonoredgame/config) and setting bSmoothFrameRate to false; set the .ini to read-only to make sure the change sticks. Unfortunately, the most fps I can get with my usual setup (fullscreen, minimum graphics settings, 1920x1080) is 175, which is just barely not enough to get all the way up. By setting my resolution to 1440x900 (which is somehow the least ugly despite the different aspect ratio) I get 235 fps, which works almost every time. Of course, this messes up window positions on my second monitor so it'll be tough to deal with chat and livesplit and nohboard and whatever, but anything for speed. It's incredibly awkward, but at least I won't have to retire from Dishonored.
You can always just start actual competition in the glitchless category. The runs are now different enough that a glitchless category is perfectly reasonable and has cause to be run over any%.
Ferret, you might wanna look trough the config again, there are many settings that may improve your framerate by a good amount (dynamic lights, shadows and stuff)
I can consistently get all the elevators except prison. Most of the time I get most of the way and die like others have reported, though it's possible to get to the top.
@mega you need a lot of FPS do get the big prison skip consistently. That's why I made the low FPS prison skip video.
You can try tweaking your DishonoredEngine.ini as several people above stated.

Here are some things in the .ini you can change:

MinShadowResolution=2
MinPreShadowResolution=2
MaxShadowResolution=2
MaxWholeSceneDominantShadowResolution=2

DynamicLights=False
DynamicShadows=False

MotionBlur=False
MotionBlurPause=False
DepthOfField=False
AmbientOcclusion=False
Bloom=False
UseHighQualityBloom=False
bAllowLightShafts=False
bAllowRatsShadow=False

MinTextureDensity=0.0
IdealTextureDensity=1.0
MaxTextureDensity=2.0
MinLightMapDensity=0.0
IdealLightMapDensity=1.0
MaxLightMapDensity=3.0

With only these change the game still runs very stable. This may depend on your system though.
Quote from Kaiisthier:
@mega you need a lot of FPS do get the big prison skip consistently. That's why I made the low FPS prison skip video.

MinShadowResolution=2
MinPreShadowResolution=2
MaxShadowResolution=2

DynamicLights=False
DynamicShadows=False

MotionBlur=False
MotionBlurPause=False
DepthOfField=False
AmbientOcclusion=False
Bloom=False
bAllowLightShafts=False
bAllowRatsShadow=False

MinTextureDensity=0.0
IdealTextureDensity=1.0
MaxTextureDensity=2.0
MinLightMapDensity=0.0
IdealLightMapDensity=1.0
MaxLightMapDensity=3.0

With only these change the game still runs very stable. This may depend on your system though.

This increased my fps in prison from 130ish to 175+, thanks. It's worth mentioning though that using all the tweaks there removes combination numbers from safes. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that's because of the TextureDensity cluster of settings.
Quote from megadriven:
Quote from Kaiisthier:

MinShadowResolution=2
MinPreShadowResolution=2
MaxShadowResolution=2

DynamicLights=False
DynamicShadows=False

MotionBlur=False
MotionBlurPause=False
DepthOfField=False
AmbientOcclusion=False
Bloom=False
bAllowLightShafts=False
bAllowRatsShadow=False

MinTextureDensity=0.0
IdealTextureDensity=1.0
MaxTextureDensity=2.0
MinLightMapDensity=0.0
IdealLightMapDensity=1.0
MaxLightMapDensity=3.0

This increased my fps in prison from 130ish to 175+, thanks. It's worth mentioning though that using all the tweaks there removes combination numbers from safes. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that's because of the TextureDensity cluster of settings.

Well these tweaks aren't meant for casual gaming so I didn't really care about safe combinations Tongue
I'm currently doing benchmarks with different .ini tweaks to get the most performance out of it.
I will probably upload my finished .ini with a changelog.
Ok guys. Here is a pastebin of my DishonoredEngine.ini
http://pastebin.com/W3rVayaW

Also a little comparison between original lowest settings and my tweaked lowest settings:
Original (SmoothedFrames is limited to 130 in the original .ini and I did not change that because you can't disable it using the game menu)
Fullscreen
Frames: 4952 - Time: 43415ms - Avg: 114.062 - Min: 84 - Max: 131
Windowed
Frames: 5435 - Time: 49811ms - Avg: 109.112 - Min: 76 - Max: 131

Tweaked
Fullscreen
Frames: 10244 - Time: 60201ms - Avg: 170.163 - Min: 110 - Max: 245
Windowed
Frames: 6403 - Time: 43103ms - Avg: 148.551 - Min: 98 - Max: 258
Put myself at 80 fov and can hit prisonless fairly regularly now. not sure if that means anything or if it is just higher fps (because of narrower viewcone and therefore less to render) and thus more likely to succeed
Well I can do the new skips on intro and sewers pretty easily, but the prison one is really hard... I tried to tweak the game and I am able to reach 120 fps but I definitly can't do this one...
Did anyone try to limit the framerate in order to see if the framerate is really the problem?
I found a way to fall from the roof  before the bridge without taking damage, maybe its faster to take the bridge route instead of jumping in the water. Im bad at both so please someone time it :D. Vid soon.
Edit history:
Zensn: 2014-04-21 05:30:02 pm

Was private for whatever reason. /fixed
Edit history:
Fripic: 2014-04-21 05:39:53 pm
Fripic: 2014-04-21 05:37:39 pm
Fripic: 2014-04-21 05:37:23 pm
Fripic: 2014-04-21 05:32:17 pm
Quote from Zensn:

I timed it and it seems to be consistently 1.5 seconds slower.
Just a reminder that we have to find a way past in at Drammwall (Sewers).
There just has to be a way to either get back in bounds or skip it. Dishonored has so many glitches if we search enough we will probably find something.

A quick WebM of the OOB route with the zips.
http://kaiisthier.comyr.com/SewerOOBRun.webm
MATHEMATICS
Is this even faster than what we have now, Kaiisthier? Because you take about a minute to get close to the weapons, whereas in Fripics 36:54 he takes less than a minute to get to the weapons, and that's without having to try and go OoB.
Quote from 161803398874989:
Is this even faster than what we have now, Kaiisthier? Because you take about a minute to get close to the weapons, whereas in Fripics 36:54 he takes less than a minute to get to the weapons, and that's without having to try and go OoB.

I don't know (I'm not a fast & good runner to test this) but if we do find a way it won't take long to optimize it so we can compare it.
Edit history:
DrammHud: 2014-04-22 04:23:50 pm
Here is my path in the OOB to the wall

Blinkless is legit. <- Period