List results:
Search options:
Use \ before commas in usernames
1-Up!
Game Page: Doesn't exist yet

Dino Crisis (Any %) (Single Segment)

Verifier Responses

Quote:
Wow. I never thought I'd see the day where I had to verify a Capcom PS1 game in PAL. Final clear time is 1:19:25.

I have to reject the video quality pretty much instantaneously. Outside of being a .wmv file, the bitrate is super-low, there are black bars (which I can attribute to being PAL resolution) and a bunch of flickering. Not to mention there are sections where there's signal obstruction, distorting the picture.

He follows Luciano's route for sure, but the run is peppered with safestrats and he got caught on a velociraptor of all things, causing him to waste 1 minute. That's really bad luck, but a definite run killer.

Overall, I don't think this run should be accepted. The runner should do it again though, once he fixes his video capture issues, because the run could has potential to actually be very good otherwise. If that does not work out, I'd suggest he find a copy of the PC version instead since it's a faster version of the game (and not PAL).

Here's a hint: Don't pick up the medkit from the first dead body you meet (Regina takes too long to bend down) and don't hit the Steam switch during the pincer attack from the velociraptors (I think it causes one of them to follow you into the room with the Keycard Device after meeting Gail).

Quote:
The video quality is so bad that i cant even watch it. I know that it not just based on video quality but i have to say its a reject for that alone.

Quote:
The video quality definitely is lacking. Gonna vote no.

Decision: Reject

Reason: Some sloppy play and even worse video.

This run will be available for a month. After that this link will no longer work.
http://queue.speeddemosarchive.com/queue/verificationfiles/399
Thread title: